Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Jnes5
Jnes5

It looks like there's a new member in the Nintendo 3DS's family...

Nintendo recently just announced a brand new model for the Nintendo 3DS, only this time it was made out to be another cheaper option for those looking for a 3DS handheld console, as this model changed some aspects that the other 3DS models included, such as the obvious change that this model does not include the 3DS capability that the other models have.

Nintendo 2DS announced FTRS_001_imageKB_B1_R_z

Other changes made to this model that are also worth mentioning such as the inclusion of a mono speaker rather than a stereo one that the other model had but you can have stereo if you use your headphones and that this model has a different design that makes it non-foldable like its other models, also meaning that the sleep mode will be changed by using a switch and not by closing it but it also doesn't have the power saving mode feature.

However, it does include some nice features such as the battery life since its almost as durable as the 3DS XL model and that it will also come with a 4GB SD card (rather than 2GB in the 3DS model) and that it also comes with its own power adapter (unlike the 3DS XL model).

But other than those changes, it pretty much has all of the features that the other models include, such as the Motion sensor and Gyro sensor features, both Streetpass and Spotpass support, Wi-Fi enabled and it's still compatible with Nintendo DS games, not to mention that the screen sizes are based on the original 3DS model's screen size (Upper screen: 3.53 inches, Lower screen: 3.02 inches).

American bundle:
Nintendo 2DS announced 2DS_ProdShot_Red

European bundle:
Nintendo 2DS announced Nintendo-2DS-WHITE

The Nintendo 2DS launches Oct. 12, same day Pokémon X and Pokémon Y also releases, in North America with the black and blue model and the black and red model at a suggested retail price of $129.99, it will also be released in the same day in Europe with a black and blue model and a white and red model, but it will not be released in Japan.

It seems that this looks ideal for anyone looking for a cheaper alternative for the 3DS, and it might also be ideal for parents looking to get something for their kids while not being worried about the 3D effect on the screen while having it launch alongside with both Pokemon games this year might have a huge benefit to be sold decently, but what do you think of this model ? did it pushed you to purchase it if you don't own a 3DS yet ?

Source: GoNintendo (Source 1, Source 2, Source 3, Source 4)

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
August 28th 2013, 12:18 pmKokorOtaku
With the system settings in the corner instead of as an app, I think we may see the BIG 3DS Miiverse update prior or on oct. 12
SuperVash
August 28th 2013, 3:39 pmSuperVash
This is a good option for those who might not be able to shell out a fortune on a 3DS.
I like that most features are still present in the 2DS model.
Tasuki
August 28th 2013, 11:16 pmTasuki
Honestly this was a smart move by Nintendo. Now all the kids that want to play the new Pokemon game will be able too if they have parents that are worried about the 3DS effect. Its also good for people who have medical reasons that can't view 3D. Honestly if they had this available when I bought my 3DS I would have bought this one since I never play my games in 3D.
visicalc
August 29th 2013, 11:19 amvisicalc
This is excellent news, if the 2DS is sold at £99 in the UK then I'll definitely be buying one. :-)
KeAfan7
August 29th 2013, 12:13 pmKeAfan7
Nice idea, I wonder why so many people online think that the 2DS is a stupid idea? Nintendo 2DS announced 1625187496
NINTENBRO
August 29th 2013, 1:13 pmNINTENBRO
This is supposed to be targeted at younger children who's eyes are still developing. The problem is that most 3DS games look absolutely horrible without the 3D on, because they weren't graphically designed to be viewed in 2D. There's only been a few retail games on the 3DS that look decent to good without the 3D on: Resident Evil: Revelations, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Shin Megami Tensei IV.
TheGingerDoctor
August 30th 2013, 12:27 amTheGingerDoctor
Those things are freaking amazing to behold! Between the lack of 3D, the extra battery life and the colour schemes that I would have preferred for my 3DS consoles, it's really starting to make me consider getting one of each colour (Black + Blue and White + Red). Smile

@Rukiafan: Trolls gonna trololol. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)