Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
But The Service Will Continue!

Rumormill: Netflix To Stop Distributing Wii Channel App In June Netfli10

There is a rumor spreading around Twitter and other gaming websites that claims that Netflix will remove its Wii Shop app in June due to low viewership and a less than satisfactory amount of downloads. Don't be too alarmed, however as the rumor also claims that even though the app won't be available to download, those who already have the app will still be able to use Netflix' service on their Wii!

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Rumormill: Netflix To Stop Distributing Wii Channel App In June 19654

Rumormill: Netflix To Stop Distributing Wii Channel App In June 87457210

Rumormill: Netflix To Stop Distributing Wii Channel App In June Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Inuyasha4z2
This won't affect me then since I already downloaded the app, but it's strange that the would remove the app from the shop, yet still give service to those who already have it.
NINTENBRO
Inuyasha4z2, it costs Netflix money to keep that application available for download on Nintendo's WiiShop Channel, just like any other form of advertisement. If the amount of downloads doesn't meet their demand, it wouldn't make financial sense to keep the application available. Although, it would make even less sense to shutdown the entire service for all Wii console owners. With the Wii console being the most popular home console of the last generation, I'm sure Netflix would loose a lot of customers. Most people have either already downloaded the app. or they've moved onto the WiiU. The demand for the app. is no longer enough to support the WiiShop Channel. It makes perfect sense in the business world.
BigJho
I need to download the app soon then.
Tasuki
Doesn't bother me. I have a PC, an Xbox 360, a Wii U, my smartphone, and a 3DS so if they do take the app off of the Wii I can watch Netflix on one of those.
Marioman18
@Tasuki: The article says that the channel will be removed, but it won't affect people whom already downloaded the Netflix Channel.
Tasuki
@Marioman18: Yeah I saw that.Smile I was just pointing out that even if I didnt have it on the Wii I still have many other options to watch Netflix on. And honestly if someone has Netflix and a Wii and hasnt downloaded it yet than I dont know what to say.
KingreX32
makes sense, theres an app for the WiiU. Its sucks though for people who still only have a wii though. Hurry up and upgrade peeps.
Tasuki
KingreX32 wrote:makes sense, theres an app for the WiiU. Its sucks though for people who still only have a wii though. Hurry up and upgrade peeps.

Yeah but as I said honestly who doesnt have Netflix and a Wii and hasnt downloaded the app by now? Heck I think I still have the disc around somewhere as well that you had to use before the app.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)