Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tasuki
Tasuki
Say Goodbye to My Little Friend?

photo hero_box_zpsae19d3bb.jpg

According to an article on Kotaku.com Gamestop will no longer be carrying the Wii U basic set after June 18th. In fact Gamestop has also been instructed to send back all remaining stock.

The 8gb basic set was introduced this past November along with a 32gb Deluxe set that also had the pack in game Nintendoland. Sales have been a little slow primary due to lack of first party titles but many believe that will change with the release of a new 3D Mario game and Mario Kart U coming later this month.

As for the discontinue of the basic set no word has been said from Gamestop as to why these sets are coming to and end sales wise. Perhaps its due to low sales or maybe Nintendo plans on bringing out a new set. Curiously though, nothing had been said of the deluxe set.

So what do you think on this bizarre news? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Source: Kotaku
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KokorOtaku
Hopefully they add more space
Anonymous
I hope this means a better model is going to be released soon! I love you
visicalc
Well E3 will be happening pretty soon which is where Nintendo will be announcing a lot of new titles. Perhaps like others have said, they'll be introducing a new Wii U model :-)
NINTENBRO
It made no ethical sense to purchase the standard model anyways... Very Happy
Anonymous
You could only have one retail game downloaded at any given time. Neutral
Marioman18
I smell a new model on the horizon! victory
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)