Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
New WiiWare title arriving October 4 JFyAisTeCRiKHPsY6DShrFnQJ0lnaBEZ

Yesterday, a download title on the Nintendo eShop has confirmed for October 4th release, Cave Story. Today, another download title has confirmed to be release on the same day in a form of a WiiWare exclusive, Drop Zone: Under Fire

New WiiWare title arriving October 4 SbO-tpXm1XtdbNMq1IfGDL-LoPau_ClQ

It's a first person shooter where your character is free falling, taking down enemies with the Wiimote while going through rings for upgrades with the Nunchuk. Over 100 levels of 360º immersive free-fall experience will cost 500 Wii points and it's only confirm in North America.

Expect My review of the game within a few days after launch.

Source: Nintendo website

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
September 14th 2012, 7:13 pmStaroceancrazy
The premise of this game sounds fun at least, but I'm waiting for your review before I decide to buy this game
NINTENBRO
September 14th 2012, 11:39 pmNINTENBRO
Meh... Just give me La-Mulana and Retro City Rampage, and I'll be cool on anymore WiiWare.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 16th 2012, 12:29 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Will Europe see a release?
SKTTR
September 16th 2012, 9:55 amSKTTR
neat. I'm going to add this to the list of upcoming wiiware games.
gamerace
September 17th 2012, 7:53 amgamerace
Nice to see WW still being supported. Look forward to the review.
KeAfan7
September 19th 2012, 2:38 pmKeAfan7
I can't post our articles at facebook and twitter because our share feature is broken right now. Crying or Very sad
Trinity33
September 19th 2012, 6:07 pmTrinity33
Where is RCR dangit! Mad
NINTENBRO
September 19th 2012, 6:11 pmNINTENBRO
I don't understand why so many developers announce their game's for the WiiWare service, before they know for sure when those games will actually be available. It's one of the worst marketing strategies that contributed to the failure of the WiiShop. I also don't understand why so many developers are now finally deciding to release their game's on the WiiWare service so late on the scene. I really can't blame Nintendo for setting their profit threshold.
SKTTR
September 19th 2012, 8:41 pmSKTTR
Developers are developing. Usually other teams do the publishing / rating / advertising work, so a dev rarely knows when their finished game is going to market.

WiiWare will be transferable to WiiU, and that's why I believe WiiWare will continue through WiiU.

WiiWare can become profitable again on WiiU, especially in the beginning when there's not much available on the WiiU eShop. People see Toki Tori 2, RUNNER 2, Cloudberry Kingdom, and they see WiiWare games Drop Zone Under Fire, and La-Mulana, and they might opt for them old WiiWares instead because they look more like their cup of tea, you know?

The new console draws in new customers, and I guess WiiU isn't easily hackable so there's money to make. I guess some developers (like Teyon, the ones responsible for Drop Zone) take advantage of the situation, and I hope La-Mulana and other overlooked WiiWare games get a second chance / sales boost as well this holiday season.

Of course you never know how many WiiWare titles are still hiding somewhere in development.
A game is finished when it's finished. Sometimes releasing a game takes very long due to various unforeseeable problems, unfortunately (see Retro City Rampage). Sometimes developers just want to release their hard work even though it means zero profit (see La-Mulana). For some devs no profit is still better than never releasing their finished work.
Inoue79
September 19th 2012, 9:11 pmInoue79
This game looks a little strange to me. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)