Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Reggie has told Engadget that Nintendo intends on selling Wii consoles for quite some time, especially in Latin America and Eastern European regions. The Wii has managed to sell about 40 million units in the US alone.

Nintendo: Nintendo Will Continue To Sell Wii For Quite Some Time Wii_01

"As we sit here today, in the US the Wii has sold about 40 million units. We believe that there continues to be an opportunity with Wii. Yes, these are late, late adopters. And yes, price points are important. But we do believe there's still opportunity for the Wii, and we will continue to sell Wii side-by-side for some period of time. I'm responsible for Canada and Latin America as well. We think there's opportunity in both of those markets, especially Latin America. You can reach price points, you can reach consumers that candidly we won't be able to reach with the Wii U. That's gonna continue to be an opportunity. Lastly, on the global base, certainly there are markets in Eastern Europe. There are a number of other markets where if Wii has an attractive price point, it'll do well. So, we will continue to be in the Wii business for quite some time."

Source: Click here

Comments

KeAfan7
Guess what guys! Xseed games is currently having discussions with Nintendo of Japan, and Nintendo of Europe to localize Pandora's Tower and the new Fatal Frame game in America! Wink

It looks like North America might not be done receiving great Wii games just yet. Wink
Grumblevolcano
@Rukiafan I truly hope the deal pans out so my American friends can finally enjoy those games. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)