Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
A Videogame Discussion: Is a 2 GB SD Card Enough for your Nintendo 3DS? - Page 1 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReridECZ9oMNXVEfsczomSm5TTI146HaRY3MSdkinALJzweTu2-g

In the first year of the Nintendo 3DS, a free 2 GB SD card (over 13,000 Open Blocks) that was included when the system that held in your hands for the every first time was all you need when dealing mostly on Virtual Console titles on the Nintendo eShop. Since the start of the second year, The Nintendo eShop is becoming more storage hungry with 3D games such as this week’s upcoming Order Up!! which requires 310 megabytes (2,485 Open Blocks) since the game is technically a retail title and features 2 save files. Of course, digital retail will soon be available which a 2 GB SD Card won’t be enough. Even if you’re a 3DS owner who prefers physical retail copies, will a 2 GB SD card be enough for at least one more year?

I have manifested some ideas for those who want to continue using their free SD card.

A Videogame Discussion: Is a 2 GB SD Card Enough for your Nintendo 3DS? - Page 1 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYAnFoX1kWroEBN-FVMaq2gMPc8Y6z11y14Z5K1m0Bjcdr8yzn
It used to be simpler.

[Number 1] Get Rid of Nintendo Video

If you have Nintendo Video on your home screen and find the application unsatisfying, then get rid of it and you’ll be rewarded with 2,479 return Open Blocks when deleting both Software and Extra Data from the System Settings. Nintendo 3DS have better video content on then Nintendo eShop.

[Number 2] Over 7,000 Open Blocks Remaining

If you have less than 7,000 Open Blocks right now and a 3DS owner who mostly invested on the Nintendo eShop, you can forget it. Most wanted eShop titles are approaching fast such as Marvel Pinball 3D, Cave Story+, Bit Boy!! Arcade, escapeVektor, Planet Crashers, Unchained Blades, and the list go on and on by developers who know how to make satisfying downloadable experiences. With the release of the Nintendo Network, there will be more DLC and Updates to be worrying about that requires extra Blocks. We should also be expecting (hopefully) First-Party titles on the service as well that are not applications (hopefully).

Bottom line, it’s worth investing on a higher SD card now. Most Nintendo adopters had enough with limiting their gaming content. “Cleaning out the fridge,” a method on a similar issue for the Nintendo Wii, will not work for the Nintendo 3DS because deleting the software “channel” will also delete your save data for that software. Yes, it is unfortunate that you have to redownload your entire well worth digital purchases on your newly purchase SD card. However, there are fortunate methods such as transferring to a different 3DS and transfer them all back into the new SD card or you could keep both SD cards and switching them according to your urges for 3DS previous year or the future. Let's be clear, Nintendo 3DS wouldn't survive without the constantly evolving Nintendo eShop.

Will you be getting a new SD card for your Nintendo 3DS? Leave your welcoming thoughts on the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Komicturtle
@GamerZack

I'm not sure the 3DS can accept 64GB cards considering they're a new format (SDXC). Unless Nintendo initiates a new Firmware update for the system just as they did for Wii back in 2009 to accept SDHC cards.
TheGingerDoctor
Komicturtle wrote:I'm not sure the 3DS can accept 64GB cards considering they're a new format (SDXC). Unless Nintendo initiates a new Firmware update for the system just as they did for Wii back in 2009 to accept SDHC cards.
Oh, then I guess I'd choose a 32GB SD Card for now. Wink
KokorOtaku
Bought a 32GB for NSMB2
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)