Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
from E3 2011 to 2012: What E3 means for 3DS owners Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTew_hnA1hfmvkUfO6-q_09KVx7YhAW2as0klJg2yf53Eqm9rRR
Prepare to meet the Light!

Just one week away from E3 and this will be the longest week that we Nintendo fans have to endure. While we impatiently wait for the true Wii U unveiling at the Nintendo Conference on June 5 at 9 am PDT, I will reminiscently be discussing last year's Nintendo Conference all week long. First up it's for all of those who were owners of the Nintendo 3DS during E3 2011 and what to expect this year for the recent and veteran 3DS owners.

On June 7, 2011, the focus on the future investors for the 3DS at the Nintendo Conference is the consecutive highlights on five most anticipated upcoming 3DS retail games with a fantastic stage display of manipulating stereoscopic 3D. These five games were Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion 2. The conference also show trailers, however, the curious consumers are only going to understand their presentation on gameplay and can't witness the graphical depth perception that these games are meant to be seen.

Lucky for us, 3DS owners, we can. A few hours after the Nintendo Conference was over, Nintendo release 3DS trailers from E3 and the ones that weren't shown at the Conference were available to download at the Nintendo eShop in stereoscopic 3D. We were granted with more determination and confidential excitement after downloading these trailers as if we were at the show floor except of actually playing the demos at the show floor.

from E3 2011 to 2012: What E3 means for 3DS owners LuigisMansion2Screen
New trailer for Luigi's Mansion 2 to download

It’s too late to download them from the Nintendo eShop. Fortunately, I expect that new batches of newly introduce E3 trailers in stereoscopic 3D will be release right after this year’s Nintendo Conference. This might be wishful thinking, I also expect more surprises for 3DS owners during this year’s E3 week and beyond. For example, Nintendo Show 3D coverage on the show floor with exclusive 3DS related content like developer interviews and more gameplay footage on the latest announcements in stereoscopic 3D. However, I'm most certainly believe that demos from the show floor will not be available at the Nintendo eShop since the demo units are exclusive to those who attend physically at E3. I do know that the gamers who are most excited about the Nintendo 3DS announcements at E3 are those who already own a Nintendo 3DS, because of Wii U remember.

Are you excited for new games and the future for the Nintendo 3DS even if you don’t own a 3DS yet or is your full attention on Wii U? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Last edited by SkywardL on May 28th 2012, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KingreX32
Great article. Personally I really want a 3DS. I currently have a DSi but I want to upgrade.
gamerace
@Skyward L - What are you hoping to see for 3DS at E3? Are there particular games or franchises you hoping for? Any upgrades to Nintendo Network or eshop you desire/expect?

Thanks for posting!
christicehurst
May 30th 2012, 3:21 amchristicehurst
I would like to see Luigi's Mansion 2 too and something new from Metorid - Retro might be working something here.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)