Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Wii U demonstration just started early! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQgdnSkRs24OVe6OoK94Zq7upNJY1zUB5Q0E5BhJxm6oUBVK-CXQ

There's a leak trailer for Rayman Legends, a sequel to Rayman Origins, and demonstrates on what the Wii U Tablet controller can do.

(Skip to 0:56 to see the Wii U Footage)
Click here if you can't see the video in here

One interesting trick is that the gameplay is shown in both High-definition television and in the Wii U Tablet screen simultaneously and the player who's using the unique controller can interact with the level designs like for example sliding the "tap" platform to a different posistion. Other interesting trick is that the Wii U Table is also a portal peripheral, a similar device from Skylander: Spyro's Adventure. Placing a Rabbid figurine on top of the Wii U Tablet screen and Rayman's world will be overpopulated by Rabbids.

Wii U demonstration just started early! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7WvWXf-PaSKT5VvpgsKZ8KKw3fQ0rrq_FdSHSaX4Px0QQcFkJXg

The secret is out. So what are your thoughts on this discovery? Are you still excited for E3? Leave your welcoming thoughts on the comment section below.

[Update] Ubisoft confirms the existence of Rayman Lengends and there's truth behind the functional capacity of the Wii U Tablet. However, The demonstrations from the trailer may not end up in the final product.

Last edited by SkywardL on April 27th 2012, 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
April 27th 2012, 12:07 pmJnes5
Amazing job at finding this !

The trailer looks very interesting, and while I wasn't that big on the first game, this sequel looks alright, but we'll see...

... But is it me, or are they using the Back to the Future soundtrack when they are presenting the NFC functions of the Wii U controller in the trailer ?! Suspect
KeAfan7
April 27th 2012, 12:11 pmKeAfan7
I really hope those figurines aren't required for the game, because if they are I'm going to pass on this one just like I did with Skylanders. Sad
Biorn the Viking
April 27th 2012, 12:15 pmBiorn the Viking
Agreed with Stinkerbri. Would be ridiculous if those figurines were required because not everyone is a collector. Not sure how to respond to that video as a whole though. I feel as though Ubisoft didn't put that much work into the tablet.
KingreX32
April 27th 2012, 12:37 pmKingreX32
Awesome. Its about time we see some WiiU gameplay.
gamerace
April 27th 2012, 12:40 pmgamerace
Interesting. The ability for one person to 'lift' platforms for the others is, cute, but hardly a reason to play the WiiU version over the others.

The ability to pull other characters into the game ala Skylanders just may be. Or at least, give people the impression it is. How it benefits actual gameplay is another matter.

Oh....f--- If Nintendo uses this functionality in the new Super Smash Bros game (if you want X character you must buy the figure and scan them in) we'll all be screwed
KingreX32
April 27th 2012, 12:41 pmKingreX32
gamerace wrote:Interesting. The ability for one person to 'lift' platforms for the others is, cute, but hardly a reason to play the WiiU version over the others.

The ability to pull other characters into the game ala Skylanders just may be. Or at least, give people the impression it is. How it benefits actual gameplay is another matter.

Oh....f--- If Nintendo uses this functionality in the new Super Smash Bros game (if you want X character you must buy the figure and scan them in) we'll all be screwed

LOL Then iwill just go out an buy a Kratos figure. LAWLZ!!!!
SkywardL
April 27th 2012, 12:45 pmSkywardL
Update added Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
April 27th 2012, 12:51 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
If developers start pushing these figurines I'll be upset because I'm a WOMAN I don't want or need action figures lol. Razz
gamerace
April 27th 2012, 12:58 pmgamerace
Eureka wrote:If developers start pushing these figurines I'll be upset because I'm a WOMAN I don't want or need action figures lol. Razz

I hear that. I avoided Skylanders for the same reason. But the marketing potential is huge.

Girls would love a My Little Pony game where they could scan in all their ponies, or Strawberry Shortcake or High School Ghoul or whatever is currently popular with kids.

Boys would love it too. Men and women? Not so much. But I remember a day when female coworkers had an assortment of Smurfs all over their desks....
KingreX32
April 28th 2012, 12:28 pmKingreX32
At least we know the WiiU really has NFC capabilities.

https://www.wiiwarewave.com/t1651-wii-u-controller-to-offer-nfc-support#12126
Staroceancrazy
April 28th 2012, 12:33 pmStaroceancrazy
The game doesn't look much different than Rayman Origins Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)