Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Wii U Easier to Develop On Than PS3 Darksiders-2

by Al McCarthy on Nov 30th, 2011

According to Vigil Games, Nintendo's upcoming console will be easy to develop for. Easy for professional programmers, that is. As you may recall, Vigil put together a portion of Darksiders 2 that was showcased at E3 2011, which only took the developer a few short weeks to create.

"You can tell by the way the software's organized, the way the APIs are written, very shortly it'll become an easy platform to develop for," David Adams of Vigi told Game Informer. "From a programmer point of view, it's definitely a lot easier than, say, the PS3 was. It's probably on par with 360 as far as ease of API, simplicity of how you interact with the hardware," Adams continued.

What this means for the Wii U when it launches next year? Well this ease of access could bring more quality third party titles to the console which has a focus on a wider audience this time around.

Vigil Talks Darksiders 2 on the Wii U

Source

Thoughts. Like Modern Warfare 3 on Wii, Id first want the first Darksiders game on WiiU before the second. Cause like modern Warfare 2 Darksiders wasnt released for wii. SO WiiU owners will not get the story. ANd that sucks cause when the first game was released I was really intrested in it. The Story sounded really cool.

Anyways Thoughts?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Wii U Easier to Develop On Than PS3 Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
December 1st 2011, 11:40 amNINTENBRO
The storyline in Modern Warfare 3 is fairly open-ended anyways. And if you think about it, every war is just a continuation of another. All you really need to know, is the setting is World War 3 and your objectives that are at hand. The missions are fairly linear, but each adds enough diversity to keep you anticipating what your next task will be. Besides, the online multiplayer and Spec Ops survival modes are where the majority of the in-depth gameplay is located. I didn't really feel too lost without experiencing the storyline in Modern Warfare II. Hopefully, we'll be able to say the same for Darksiders II.
KeAfan7
December 1st 2011, 1:35 pmKeAfan7
I just hope that the WiiU won't get watered down ports when the next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles are released.
Otaku
December 1st 2011, 1:44 pmOtaku
I agree with Rukiafan please Nintendo do not disappoint Smile
Staroceancrazy
December 1st 2011, 2:10 pmStaroceancrazy
I certainly hope it'll be easier to develop for than the developers nightmare known as the PS3 Laughing
Trinity33
December 1st 2011, 11:21 pmTrinity33
I can't wait for the launch of the WiiU Exclamation
KingreX32
December 2nd 2011, 11:31 amKingreX32
Rukiafan wrote:I just hope that the WiiU won't get watered down ports when the next gen Sony and Microsoft consoles are released.

Dude i doubt that very much. The WiiU can run both Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3. Its more powerful than the PS3 (according to rumurs) So watered down ports I dont think thats gonna happen.
KingreX32
December 2nd 2011, 11:34 amKingreX32
[NL] SunDown wrote: The storyline in Modern Warfare 3 is fairly open-ended anyways. And if you think about it, every war is just a continuation of another. All you really need to know, is the setting is World War 3 and your objectives that are at hand. The missions are fairly linear, but each adds enough diversity to keep you anticipating what your next task will be. Besides, the online multiplayer and Spec Ops survival modes are where the majority of the in-depth gameplay is located. I didn't really feel too lost without experiencing the storyline in Modern Warfare II. Hopefully, we'll be able to say the same for Darksiders II.

I think its complete crap that i need a bloody internet connection to play Spec ops. Thats such bull. Why couldnt it have ben offline AND Online like Zombies in Black Ops Evil or Very Mad
NINTENBRO
December 2nd 2011, 3:13 pmNINTENBRO
Yeah, well you wouldn't be disappointed if you had an internet connection KingreX32. The Spec Ops survival mode is almost as enjoyable as the online multiplayer. I think an internet connection is required, because there will be future DLC that will add new maps and game modes. I believe there is also an online leaderboard for Spec Ops as well.
KingreX32
December 2nd 2011, 4:13 pmKingreX32
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
so pissed.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)