Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Review: Aura of Worlds (Switch eShop)Today at 9:20 pmAmufungalHow I’m feeling right now…Today at 11:33 amRyanNerdyGamerReview: Super Mario Odyssey (Switch Retail)Yesterday at 10:32 pmNeptunePS5 Pro Too Expensive?Yesterday at 10:31 pmNeptuneReview: Megaton Musashi W: Wired (Switch Retail)Yesterday at 10:24 pmNeptune
Go down
NINTENBRO
NINTENBRO

CaveStory + (Discussion) Empty CaveStory + (Discussion)

September 18th 2012, 3:11 pm
Are any WiiWareWave members downloading this on Oct. 4th? I downloaded the freeware version on a PC a longtime ago, but I never decided to actually purchase the official PC or WiiWare releases. I thought the freeware version was alright but nothing too special. I'd really like to know how much more polished the WiiWare version is, in comparison to the freeware version.

CaveStory + (Discussion) Empty Re: CaveStory + (Discussion)

September 20th 2012, 5:55 pm
Anybody? Sad

September 20th 2012, 6:19 pm
It's the same game just with reworked graphics and music. Honestly, get the one on Steam. It includes more content than the WiiWare rerelease.

NINTENBRO

September 20th 2012, 6:31 pm
I'm not really much of a PC type of gamer, in the first place. Plus, my home computer hasn't been functioning properly for awhile now, so that's really just not an option for me. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Cave Story + review's to begin appearing.

September 20th 2012, 8:25 pm
I saw that the eShop version isn't Cave Story+. Least, what I saw on a screenshot. Hopefully it is. It's fantastic.

I have a MacBook Pro and was using my Wii-remote to play CaveStory+. Beautiful and crisp- controls perfectly.

NINTENBRO

September 20th 2012, 8:31 pm
Awesome! Then the 3D enhanced version will probably only be better. I'm beginning to believe I might finally download CaveStory. Smile

October 7th 2012, 5:20 pm
Would you guys recommend that I download CaveStory +, or do you think I should just save the money in my eShop account for something else that isn't available yet? I mean, would say there are better options available or will be available for $10?

Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

October 7th 2012, 5:30 pm
If you haven't DLed it do it, but I did notice when my friends were plaing it it says on the FC list "cannot read software"

October 7th 2012, 5:35 pm
Huh? So what could that potentially mean HarmoKnight? By the way, no, I've never downloaded CaveStory on any platform except the freeware version on a PC. Also, compared to the freeware version, were there any major improvements made to the official versions?

Super Coinage!

October 7th 2012, 6:13 pm
Well I don't own this version (DSiWare for me) but I hear Curlys Version is glitched (the WW version had a glitch when it was released and had a bug fix update, and VVVVVV also did so I'm guessing it's a Niclis thing) but I'd say if you liked the freeware one get it, maybe wait to see if they fix the bug, I'm guessing the "cannot read software" is apart of the glitch, it just doesn't recongnize it on the FC

October 7th 2012, 6:48 pm
If you can, try it on your computer. There's an original freeware version.
And like Harmo says, wait for them to patch up the game completely.

NINTENBRO

October 7th 2012, 7:05 pm
Yeah, I know there's a freeware version Komiccturtle. Like I said before, I've already played some of the freeware version and was wondering if there were any major improvements made to the official versions? What I mean, is there any real incentive to pay for the official versions of CaveStory?

Super Coinage!

October 7th 2012, 7:35 pm
Maybe save up for Crashmo or Wario land II if those interest you

October 7th 2012, 8:19 pm
There's extra content.. And you'll feel good supporting the creator of Cave Story lol All up to you.

NINTENBRO

October 8th 2012, 12:48 am
I decided to download Cave Story +. NLife was so right, when they stated this game feels right at home on a handheld console. I'm glad I didn't purchase this game in any previous forms before this. The 2D pixel graphics coupled with the sterescopic 3D effects alone make this the definitive version to own. Not to even mention the compilation of exclusive content it contains. I'm really glad I quit playing through the freeware version as early as I did, or I might not have chosen to pay for this great game. This is definitely the ultimate version to experience.

Super Coinage!

October 8th 2012, 9:46 am
I still like the DSiWare version, I was still one of the few people who payed for it twice though... But I agree this on a handheld is the best experience IMHO even if mine isn't in 3D or has a little less content

October 8th 2012, 4:01 pm
I agree, the gameplay would be just as awesome in any iteration, but you really need to experience this game in 3D my friend. CaveStory + & Mutant Mudds have the cleanest presentations of stereoscopic 3D effects, out of any other 3DS titles I've seen, so far. Also, the 3DS version has been visually enhanced otherwise. Plus, that little bit of extra content is actually a fairly substantial addition to the game. At least, as far as replay value and longevity are related. I wouldn't exactly consider it an essential, if you've already downloaded a previous version of CaveStory. On the other hand, it's clearly obvious that this is the most definitive version of CaveStory currently available.

Last edited by Nintenbro on October 19th 2012, 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

October 16th 2012, 12:05 am
Is anybody else currently playing through this eShop version? I may be forced to turn my back on La-Mulana, because the running blindly back and forth has become too repetitive. I'm most likely going to begin playing this instead, and I didn't want to feel like the only one who is. I tried out the game on the day I downloaded it, just so I could check out the visual quality. I saved my game, right before the fight with a large Mimiga. There was a boss in the freeware version I was always unable to defeat, and I believe that fight is coming fairly soon. I may need someone's help, if I'm still unable to figure out that boss's weakness and or weak point.

November 6th 2012, 3:39 pm
I reached the Plantation last night. I'm really not sure which direction I'm supposed to travel, but I should be able to figure that out quickly enough. I love the multi-layered 3D effects in this game. Very Happy

You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)