Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Impressive Milestone Has Splashed Onto Switch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) Large_79

Developed by TAITO & Hamster Corporation, and published by ININ Games, with public relations by PR Hound, Taito Milestones II is a fantastic collection of Taito arcade classics that were classics in their heyday! But do these titles and this collection as a whole still hold up as great games today? We think so and here's why:

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) Large_80

Taito Milestones II has a wide-array of enjoyable arcade games from Taito's back-catalogue including hits such as New Zealand Story, Metal Black, and Darius II, which as a whole are a much better selection than what we saw in the previous Taito Milestones collection. The games are perfectly emulated and run just as they did back in the arcades, but are quite bare-bones with very little bonus features and content which is a shame, but certainly not a deal-breaker by any means.

The controls are quite responsive and easy to learn which is always a good thing while the menus and UI are easy to navigate and read. The games on offer should give players dozens of hours of gameplay value, more if you like going for the highest scores you can!

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) Large_81

As for the audiovisual-presentation, everything looks crisp and are well-emulated with a great frame-rate and no artifacting or screen-tearing which obviously is what you'd hope for in a premium retro game compilation title like this. The menu sounds are great as are the the sound effects and music in most of the titles. We feel the audiovisual-presentation in Taito Milestones II deserves a nearly perfect grade as it's exceptional for sure!

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) Large_82

Bottom-Line: With a great selection of classic arcade titles with superb gameplay and excellent emulation, responsive controls, and an overall amazing audiovisual-presentation, Taito Milestones II for the Nintendo Switch is a good arcade game compilation and as such we give the software a good level of recommendation to all fans of retro arcade games!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #TAITO #PRHound #Switch #Retail #Retro #Arcade #eShop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) 19654

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) 87457210

eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Warlock in love, Tinglemaster, Otaku, Zatchbell, Chickgoboom and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Fie Claussell
October 9th 2023, 11:00 pmFie Claussell
Ooh I liked NZS! It was my jam back when arcades were still a thing here in the land of kiwi! lol!

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Warlock in love, Otaku, Zatchbell, Chickgoboom and like this post

KeAfan7
October 10th 2023, 1:15 amKeAfan7
@Fie Claussell Thanks for the comment! Also we got another New Zealander in the community?! I'm pretty sure we have around 50-60 New Zealander WiiWareWavians here. That's alot of Kiwi per capita! lol!

Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Otaku, Chickgoboom, TheGingerDoctor, Mouser, Kain and like this post

Kain
Great review dude! I agree that this collection is much better than the first one, though I might wait until a decent sale before I buy this.

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, DigiDestined, Otaku, TheGingerDoctor, SuperVash, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
October 10th 2023, 4:06 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smug

Staroceancrazy, Otaku and TheGingerDoctor like this post

Staroceancrazy
October 10th 2023, 4:56 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review Exclamation

Otaku and TheGingerDoctor like this post

Otaku
October 10th 2023, 7:29 amOtaku
Awesome review @KeAfan7! Very Happy

TheGingerDoctor likes this post

Zatchbell
October 10th 2023, 10:51 amZatchbell
Great review! @Fie Claussell Welcome to the community!

KeAfan7 and TheGingerDoctor like this post

RWBY_Red
October 10th 2023, 11:07 amRWBY_Red
Nice review.

KeAfan7
October 10th 2023, 11:31 amKeAfan7
Thanks for the comments you guys! eshop - Review: Taito Milestones II (Switch Retail) 631737971

TheGingerDoctor and SuperVash like this post

Mouser
October 10th 2023, 11:52 amMouser
Great review Rukks!

Talesfanatic
October 10th 2023, 1:35 pmTalesfanatic
Great review!

SuperVash
October 10th 2023, 2:51 pmSuperVash
Excellent review! There's some great games with this one! victory

TheGingerDoctor and Rena Ryuugu Fanboy like this post

Warlock in love
October 10th 2023, 8:40 pmWarlock in love
Nice review! @Fie Claussell I love New Zealand Story! Surprised

TheGingerDoctor
October 11th 2023, 1:36 amTheGingerDoctor
Fie Claussell wrote:It was my jam back when arcades were still a thing here in the land of kiwi! lol!
G’day, neighbour! Happy

(CONTEXT: I’m Aussie.)

DigiDestined and Rena Ryuugu Fanboy like this post

ShounenMania
October 11th 2023, 11:54 amShounenMania
What an interesting little collection, hmm? I just might bite and get this when there's a sale!

Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
October 11th 2023, 1:07 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Great review!

DigiDestined
October 16th 2023, 2:00 pmDigiDestined
Nice review @KeAfan7!

Dragon_Killer
October 17th 2023, 1:38 amDragon_Killer
Amazing review!