Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thrilling Ride, But Rough Seas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s19

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia is the Wii U's only Wave Race inspired indie released on the console, so of course many people might jump at the chance to hit the waves on their U, but is this game worth it's $10 asking price? We think so, but only if you're a big fan of the sub-genre and here's why:

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s20

The gameplay is pretty good with a wide variety of environments and courses, decent water physics, and excellent controls. You'd think the game would be a fantastic title right? This is not necessarily the case as some of the visuals look like they were ripped straight from an N64 game, especially the characters and obstacles, however the background scenery and water looks nice.

Another negative is that the avatar customization is extremely shallow, and the rubberband A.I. is a nightmare to deal with. You can literally play a perfect game and still lose at the last few seconds of the race. Thankfully this only happens once in a while, but it's still a bit annoying.

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s21

The soundtrack and announcers are pretty good, but the game's biggest flaw is that there is no audio during off-TV play which is a dealbreaker for many people ourselves included. That said the game can be fun at times so if you like the genre you might enjoy Aqua Moto Racing Utopia, but just know that it has its share of flaws.

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s22

Bottom-Line:

With good gameplay, a sizeable amount of content, excellent controls, and a decent audio presentation, Aqua Moto Racing Utopia had potential to be a fantastic game, but mediocre visuals and terribly cheap A.I. severely hampered the game's overall polish as did the lack of audio during off-TV play and as such we give this game only a decent level of recommendation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ 6/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #ZordixGames #Racing #WaterSports #Sports

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) 19654

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) 87457210

ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Aqua Cherry Blossom
May 5th 2018, 12:14 amAqua Cherry Blossom
No audio during off-tv play? Nope not going to buy lol. Rolling Eyes
I wonder if the developer even knows that the audio doesn't play through the gamepad?
Kain
Nice review. @Aqua Cherry Blossom I would imagine they don't. Razz
Kitty Cat Meow Meow
May 5th 2018, 12:24 amKitty Cat Meow Meow
Thanks for warning us about the audio bug. I will still purchase the game since I don't plan to play off-tv. ZordixGames - Review: Aqua Moto Racing Utopia (Wii U eShop) 631737971
KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming! Wink
Staroceancrazy
May 5th 2018, 5:00 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @Reanfan Exclamation
Amufungal
Nice review @Reanfan. Smile
Clαππαd
May 5th 2018, 5:17 pmClαππαd
Nice review as expected boss!
KeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Wink
DigiDestined
May 5th 2018, 7:52 pmDigiDestined
@Aqua Cherry Blossom That bug must be a nightmare for the developer. @Ranfan nice review. =)
SuperVash
Great review dude!
KeAfan7
Thank you for the positive feedback! Wink
Trinity33
6/10 seems generous given the lack of audio during off-tv play.
Otaku
Awesome review @Reanfan! Very Happy
ShanaNoShakugan
May 12th 2018, 4:38 pmShanaNoShakugan
When this release in Japan on Wii U?
RWBY_Red
Nice review @Reanfan.
FM_Alchemist
July 8th 2018, 6:24 pmFM_Alchemist
Amazing review man!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum