Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Big Prizes Are Up For Grabs!

Contest: WiiWareWave Trivia Challenge Giveaway! Header10

We are no strangers to holding contests on our website, but this week we've got our two biggest ones yet! First is our WiiWareWave Trivia Challenge in the comment section of this article tonight at 9:00pm PST/ 11:00pm EST. Answer 5 questions correctly for the chance to win some big prizes!

1st prize: Green Yarn Yoshi Amiibo, Inkling Squid Amiibo, and Lucina Amiibo.
2nd prize: Shulk Amiibo.
3rd prize: $10 eShop Code.

You must answer all 5 questions correctly to be eligible for a prize!

Q1: Which of these never released on a Nintendo console in the west?

Herdy Gerdy.
A:Final Fantasy: Tactics.
Digimon Dusk.

Herdy Gerdy actually released in France and Italy on the NGC. Final Fantasy Tactics released on the PS1/PSP though a spin-off series did indeed release on GBA and DS, but that doesn't actually count.

Q2: Which of these games was also released in the Arcades in the west?

Stinger.
Dig Dug II: Paradise Islands.
A: Detana Twinbee.

Stinger did indeed release in arcades, but only in Japan and Korea. Dig Dug II: Paradise Islands was an enhanced version of Dig Dug II on the NES that had more than twice as many stages than the arcade version, however the superior Paradise Islands version of the game only hit the arcades in Japan!

Q3: What year did Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) release in Japan?

A: 2010.

The game was announced during the TGS in 2008, but wasn't released in Japan until 2010. Europe saw a 2011 release and North America received the game in April 2012.

Q4: Which of these strange patent lawsuits has never been filed against Nintendo?

Police Sketch Program infringement.
Bubble Gum Mascot infringement.
Stereoscopic 3D infringement.
A: Juice Company Mascot infringement.

The answer is Juice Company Mascot infringement, believe it or not the rest of those lawsuits actually happened though the Bubble Gum company case as well as the Police Sketch Program case were immediately thrown out of court due to them being illegal patents.

Q5: What is the best-selling Paper Mario title to date?

Paper Mario (N64).
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
A: Super Paper Mario.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

This was an admittedly easy question.

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by Ichigofan on December 22nd 2015, 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Contest: WiiWareWave Trivia Challenge Giveaway! 19654

Contest: WiiWareWave Trivia Challenge Giveaway! 87457210

Contest: WiiWareWave Trivia Challenge Giveaway! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

bro2dragons
December 22nd 2015, 1:57 pmbro2dragons
1. Herdy Gerdy
2. Detana Twinbee
3. 2010
4. Juice Company Mascot Infringement (I do think this is a trick question, though, because mascots can't be patented, only copyrighted, so the grounds for lawsuit over infringement of a juice or gum mascot would be different.)
5. Super Paper Mario
TheGingerDoctor
December 22nd 2015, 3:21 pmTheGingerDoctor
I suck at quizzes, but I'll give it a go regardless...

Q1: Final Fantasy Tactics (released for the original PlayStation)
Q2: Detana TwinBee (just a guess)
Q3: 2009 (an assumption based on the gap between Japanese and international releases)
Q4: Juice Company Mascot infringement (the other three seem to make sense for reasons for people to have sued Nintendo)
Q5: Super Paper Mario (just a guess based on general Wii hardware and software sales)
KeAfan7
December 22nd 2015, 10:07 pmKeAfan7
@bro2dragons So close dude. That first trick question got you. Very nice try! I'll be awarding you with 5,000 WiiWareWave Coins as a consolation prize. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
December 22nd 2015, 10:26 pmTheGingerDoctor
Drat. I got a question wrong as well. This is why I usually avoid quizzes... pale
bro2dragons
December 23rd 2015, 4:23 ambro2dragons
Dratbasket! I wanted that Lucina.

Great job with the quiz! Tough stuff. Very Happy
TheGingerDoctor
December 23rd 2015, 12:20 pmTheGingerDoctor
Isn't anyone else going to participate, though? Where is everyone? scratch
bro2dragons
December 23rd 2015, 12:23 pmbro2dragons
By the way, JUST France and Italy? A development team really wasted all that time porting a fairly obscure PS2 game to the underselling Gamecube for ONLY France and Italy? I'm astounded.
TheGingerDoctor
December 23rd 2015, 12:31 pmTheGingerDoctor
You. Are. Kidding. I just remembered that I already knew about Xenoblade's actual release date in Japan! Now I really feel bad for getting the question wrong... (How could I forget?) Oh well, what's done is done. Better to accept the failure than to travel back in time and screw with history. Back to the Future: Part II is a perfect lesson in that fact, amirite? Wink

(DISCLAIMER: I do not possess the means or ability to travel through time. Your street cred is perfectly safe.)

ON-TOPIC: Hey, @Ichigofan, what happens if only 0-2 people get every question right?
KeAfan7
December 23rd 2015, 12:43 pmKeAfan7
Nobody won...but the prizes will be added to our prize-pool for our GoTY Poll Contest. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
December 23rd 2015, 12:54 pmTheGingerDoctor
GoTY Poll Contest? Ooh, what's that? Surprised
KeAfan7
December 23rd 2015, 5:35 pmKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerZack You'll find out tomorrow. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
December 23rd 2015, 5:55 pmTheGingerDoctor
@Ichigofan Pretty sure I found out in chat today. Wink
bro2dragons
December 23rd 2015, 5:56 pmbro2dragons
So I still have a shot at that Lucina? Woohoo!
KeAfan7
December 23rd 2015, 7:00 pmKeAfan7
Indeed you do. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
December 23rd 2015, 7:18 pmTheGingerDoctor
And I still have a shot at [INSERT PRIZE NAME]? Sweet! Happy
KeAfan7
January 20th 2016, 6:19 pmKeAfan7
The GoTY 2015 contest begins on February 1st, sorry for the delay. Wink
TheGingerDoctor
January 20th 2016, 7:42 pmTheGingerDoctor
@Ichigofan Woohoo! cheers