Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Not So Unlimited, But Still Enjoyable!

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") Wiiu_s14

When One Piece Unlimited Adventure released on the Wii it was a truly open-ended limitless adventure and was easily one of the most overlooked titles released on a Nintendo system last generation, but does One Piece: Unlimited World Red live up to the previous game in the series? Continue reading to find out!

This game has breathtaking cell-shaded visuals that look every bit as good as Wind Waker HD's, and the cinematic cut-scenes are quite impressive as well! The music and voice acting is straight from the Japanese anime/voice actors so it's pretty quality stuff, though the lack of english voice acting is a bit of a letdown.

The gameplay on the other hand is separated into two different modes, Story Mode and Colosseum Mode. In Story Mode you work your way through ten "episodes" fighting enemies in classic beat 'em up fashion while leveling your characters up! You also are tasked with rebuilding the main town which acts as a hub and is where you'll shop and customize your characters. Character Words are special abilities that boost your character's stats though you can only equip a limited number of words so use them wisely!

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") Wiiu_s15

You can also take on guild quests in town to earn money and one of a kind items! These quests start off easy, but eventually become nightmarishly difficult. The game's story is mostly taken from the anime, but the overall story is unique, "it's hard to explain without spoiling the plot". The battle system utilizes combo attacks and powerful skills and is quite complex for a beat 'em up system.

There are also odds and end things to do in the fields such as fishing and bug catching, but compared to the game's Wii predecessor there's not alot of freedom outside of the story, which really holds the game back.

Colosseum Mode has you battling in a huge tournament based on the latest anime story arc! The mode also features cut-scenes and a story of its own. This mode has tons of variety in its battles and can be as fun as Story Mode at times, so we highly suggest playing through both game modes for maximum enjoyment of the game!

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") Wiiu_s16

Bottom-Line:

With amazing gameplay, excellent visuals, and a great plot One Piece: Unlimited World Red is a highly enjoyable game that is a must-buy for fans of the series and action-adventure games. The only negatives are the lack of English voice acting and the limited freedom in comparison to the game's Wii predecessor, but overall it's a great game that we highly recommend downloading!

Price: $39.99

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") 19654

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") 87457210

Review: One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U Retail "Digital Only") Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Nintendobuddy64
I completely agree with this review! This is a very under appreciated game that deserves more attention.
Anonymous
Beautiful review @Rukiafan! I love you
This is one of your longer reviews that you've written! I love you
FM_Alchemist
I finally caved and downloaded this game after reading this review and I'm glad I did! This is a ridiculously underappreciated game as the reviewer and other people in the comments have said.
If you're on the fence like I was do yourself a favor and download it! Great review btw @Rukiafan.
Staroceancrazy
Awesome review! Very Happy
Aqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
KeAfan7
FM_Alchemist wrote:I finally caved and downloaded this game after reading this review and I'm glad I did! This is a ridiculously underappreciated game as the reviewer and other people in the comments have said.
If you're on the fence like I was do yourself a favor and download it! Great review btw @Rukiafan.
I was actually referring to the Wii title when I said that, but yes I feel that the Wii U Unlimited game is unfairly overlooked by many gamers as well. Also thanks for your compliment, I'm glad you enjoyed my review! Wink
Clαππαd
Nice review boss. Smile
Robj76
Sweet review! Taz a shame that the game doesn't have online like the PS3 version has. Sad
Splatuna
Good review! This game should have sold better then it did.
ToughGamer
Good review.
Ragnarok
Great review! I bought this a while back and I don't regret making that purchase.
Ulqiorrathegreat
I for one am not a fan of One Piece, however your review seems fair enough.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)