Go down

Is the Wii U coming to an end?

on June 16th 2015, 5:22 pm
I noticed that the general consensus online is that Wii U is being discontinued and there are so many angry Nintendo fans on most websites while friendlier websites like ours have no activity today.

Did I miss something? Did Nintendo announce that the NX was going to replace the Wii U in 2016? Surprised

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.

Re: Is the Wii U coming to an end?

on June 16th 2015, 5:42 pm
The Wii U isn't being replaced any time soon, and Reggie said we'll see first details of NX next year; this suggests a 2017 or 2018 release for the new hardware. As for all the grumpy Nintendo fans...I think they were a little bit underwhelmed with the apparent lack of game announcements. Personally, I was delighted with what they showcased. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam is the crossover I never knew I wanted, yet it's now one of my most highly anticipated 3DS games! But maybe it's just me. #CaptainOptimism

*Octanner no Monogatari - NOW LIVE!
*???
*Squidkid Shorts
(My deepest apologies to you all...lol jk) Razz

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

Previous Episode: S04E05 The Turquoise and the Dracquan
Next Episode: S02E06 Midonian Outcast
Admin
View user profile

on June 16th 2015, 5:49 pm
Gah!!! I haven't been able to write any of my articles today because I've been too busy butting heads with a bunch of press websites that are spreading toxic comments about Nintendo being doomed and how they should just replace the Wii U next year and that they should "not worry about alienating the insignificant whining fanbase"...you know there's something to be said about having a little class on your website's twitter page.

Admin
View user profile

on June 16th 2015, 5:58 pm
I'm so angry about how most of the media is behaving in regards to the Wii U announcements, sure there weren't many, but there are enough retail games that we know about to release 1-2 per month through the end of 2016, we'll probably see more during ND's and probably a couple more at next year's E3 before the announcements stop coming for retail Wii U titles...

Admin
View user profile

on June 16th 2015, 6:04 pm
The only problem I had was the quality of a couple of the announcements. The Animal Crossing Festival and Metroid Prime spin-off were iffy at best and atrocious at worst "Looking at you Animal Crossing Festival".

Quality notwithstanding to me it seemed like Nintendo just hasn't finished development of most of the games announced last year so they haven't been able to begin very many new projects.

on June 16th 2015, 6:14 pm
Rukiafan wrote:Gah!!! I haven't been able to write any of my articles today because I've been too busy butting heads with a bunch of press websites that are spreading toxic comments about Nintendo being doomed and how they should just replace the Wii U next year and that they should "not worry about alienating the insignificant whining fanbase"...you know there's something to be said about having a little class on your website's twitter page.
This is why I choose WiiWareWave.

*???
*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

Admin
View user profile

on June 16th 2015, 6:21 pm
@GamerZack87 Thanks! Do you think that you could publish a recap article of the Digital Event? @Gamergy was going to, but I'm guessing he was accosted by other press websites as well. Nintendo Life seems to be one of the only major press websites that's not spouting Nintendoomed nonsense right now.

on June 16th 2015, 6:32 pm
Sure thing! Wink

EDIT: I might not be able to write it until later this afternoon. Once I get home I can write an amazing article for you!

*???
*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

on June 16th 2015, 9:41 pm
@Rukia the Metroid spin-off does seem weird, but I have a theory! Metroid Fusion's ending has Samus on the run, what of this is the Galatic Fed trying to track her down? :O

on June 16th 2015, 10:28 pm
@passioNATE Whoa... Surprised

*???
*Squidkid Shorts

CHROMAICORA ADVENTURES

Sponsored content