Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 10:42 amKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console

+5
TheGingerDoctor
Tsukoko
RWBY_Red
KokorOtaku
Staroceancrazy
9 posters
Go down
Staroceancrazy
Staroceancrazy
Admin
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Empty My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console

August 29th 2014, 11:41 am
Let's face it people the 'New 3DS' handheld that Nintendo announced today during the Japanese Nintendo Direct isn't just a simple upgrade like the DSi was for the DS. Instead of adding features to the existing hardware it's a huge hardware upgrade meaning that games developed for this 'New 3DS' will not be compatible with the original 3DS and is for all intents and purposes Nintendo's next gen handheld.

I can't be the only person that this news ticks off and I'm even more upset that they don't just admit that this is a new handheld altogether rather than just an upgraded 3DS. Twisted Evil

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Star_o10
KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Empty Re: My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console

August 29th 2014, 12:11 pm
my thing is that I just bought a 128GB SD card and this one ONLY supports microSD cards...

Admin
Super Coinage!

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Empty Re: My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console

August 29th 2014, 12:13 pm
passioNATE wrote:my thing is that I just bought a 128GB SD card and this one ONLY supports microSD cards...
Which are Far More Expensive! Twisted Evil

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Star_o10
RWBY_Red
RWBY_Red

August 29th 2014, 12:23 pm
I'm disappointed in Nintendo. I thought that they were an honorable company, but now I'm not so sure.

August 29th 2014, 12:57 pm
Like I said before, first Nintendo announces the amazing Mario Kart 8 dlc and then they ruin it by saying yo 3DS owners! If you want to continue playing the latest and greatest 3DS releases you'll have to upgrade to a new and more expensive 3DS console! This is total BS.

Avid fan of Nintendo since 1989. Mythbusters are the coolest dudes ever! Cool
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

August 29th 2014, 2:14 pm
I still hope that there will be a way for older 3DS consoles to compensate for New 3DS games. All the new console adds is a couple of extra shoulder buttons and a seemingly-too-small-for-gameplay Circle Pad above the Y Button, so maybe those will just make it extra convenient by making, for example, menu navigation or camera operation easier in games. I doubt Nintendo would completely cut-off support for the original 3DS, especially given how massive the fanbase is right now. Smile

DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/orionjzed
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/OrionJZed
YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iWvffWOZoci2vjsHPjQQ
Tsukoko
Tsukoko

August 29th 2014, 2:20 pm
It's CPU specs are double that of the current 3DS models so either support will be cut altogether or the owners of an original 3DS will get gimped ports of the New 3DS games. Twisted Evil

Avid fan of Nintendo since 1989. Mythbusters are the coolest dudes ever! Cool
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

August 29th 2014, 2:22 pm
I hope Nintendo doesn't do the same thing for the Wii U in the next year because that would be a slap in the face. Neutral

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console 19654

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console 87457210

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 29th 2014, 2:30 pm
Tsukoko wrote:It's CPU specs are double that of the current 3DS models so either support will be cut altogether or the owners of an original 3DS will get gimped ports of the New 3DS games. Twisted Evil
Oh. Neutral

EDIT: Come to think of it, the average cycle between releases of new Nintendo hardware is around 4-5 years. By the time this is released in Europe (in 2015 the earliest), it would have been well past that four-year cycle, since the 3DS first came out in March 2011 and I doubt we'd see these before mid-2015. This, plus the few interesting new features, is actually starting to excite me. Smile

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

August 30th 2014, 7:14 am
I just feel like this gen was way too short... If this system somehow allows for all NNID games (DSi, 3DS, WiiU, VC, ect.) to be played on the go the I wont mind as much as my hope is to just have an all in one console that lasts 10 years

Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

August 30th 2014, 11:49 am
passioNATE wrote:I just feel like this gen was way too short... If this system somehow allows for all NNID games (DSi, 3DS, WiiU, VC, ect.) to be played on the go the I wont mind as much as my hope is to just have an all in one console that lasts 10 years
True, but keep in mind that would likely mean that Nintendo would also abandon the Wii U soon and for those of us who payed $300+ for a Wii U won't handle alienation very well. My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console 1625187496

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

August 30th 2014, 9:10 pm
We'll I meant in a way where you kinda still have to own the WiiU to play them, like a temp transfer

Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

August 30th 2014, 9:14 pm
passioNATE wrote:We'll I meant in a way where you kinda still have to own the WiiU to play them, like a temp transfer
^This. Sony has already implemented a similar feature with the PS3 and PS Vita, so it'd be interesting to see Nintendo's own cross-play feature.

Clαππαd
Clαππαd

August 31st 2014, 1:12 pm
Rukiafan wrote:
passioNATE wrote:I just feel like this gen was way too short... If this system somehow allows for all NNID games (DSi, 3DS, WiiU, VC, ect.) to be played on the go the I wont mind as much as my hope is to just have an all in one console that lasts 10 years
True, but keep in mind that would likely mean that Nintendo would also abandon the Wii U soon and for those of us who payed $300+ for a Wii U won't handle alienation very well. My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console 1625187496
We should wait until Nintendo announces more details before we start to panic. Smile

Admin

October 25th 2014, 8:09 pm
If I had a 3ds this would tick me off. But I dont so it doesn't. I understand though. Its like its throwing all the other 3ds owners under the bus. Im wondering if I shoulnt just wait formthis one to release here in NA.

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console Captaincanucksigcopy
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

October 26th 2014, 11:34 am
I totally agree it's a backhanded jab to all current 3DS owners and what's worse the past year for the 3DS has been nearly as bad as it has been for the Wii U in-terms of new game releases although third party support is much better, it's almost been abandoned by Nintendo... So the 3DS only had two good years of first party support before Nintendo stepped away and started preparing for their next handheld system. My outrage over Nintendo's 'New 3DS' console 1625187496

KokorOtaku
KokorOtaku
Super Coinage!

October 26th 2014, 3:21 pm
I'm not took mad yet, I'll see where this goes first before I can judge

December 7th 2014, 5:52 pm
Hope Nintendo keep support standard 3DS. Sad

KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

December 9th 2014, 4:14 pm
Besides Majora's Mask 3D and Project S.T.E.A.M. there doesn't appear to be any first party support for the 3DS which is sad since one of those games is just a remaster and not a completely new game. Neutral

TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 9th 2014, 4:24 pm
I'm sure that Nintendo has a number of fun 3DS game projects in the works. They're probably just waiting for the next Nintendo Direct, which should be due any time now. Wink

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

December 9th 2014, 5:50 pm
GamerZack87 wrote:I'm sure that Nintendo has a number of fun 3DS game projects in the works. They're probably just waiting for the next Nintendo Direct, which should be due any time now. Wink
But what happens if most of the newly announced titles are New 3DS exclusive? Either way we should know very soon whether or not the New 3DS is an enhanced system like the DSi was for the DS or a full-blown replacement for the original 3DS systems.

TheGingerDoctor
TheGingerDoctor
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 9th 2014, 11:48 pm
I'm sure Nintendo stated that support for the original 3DS wouldn't be entirely dropped, and that there would be plenty of games which can be played on traditional models. Given that Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, an enhanced remake of a Wii title, is currently the only game revealed to be New 3DS-exclusive, I would hope that (nearly) all first-party New 3DS exclusives would be remakes. Frankly, I'm a little surprised that Majora 3D is only New 3DS-enhanced, especially given that the original needed the Expansion Pak to run on the N64.

If I can avoid getting a New 3DS until a must-have title comes along, then I'm more than happy to have fun with my 2DS. Until Nintendo completely drops first-party support for the classic 3DS, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Smile

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)