Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Hopping Away Like The Easter Bunny!

Darksiders II Is Hopping Away From The Wii U eshop In Europe On Easter Sunday! Dsiir10

WiiWareWave members Marioman18 and DBZmania have told us that a message has been posted on the European Wii U eShop warning consumers that the title will no longer be available to purchase after March 31st, which also happens to be Easter! If you already own it and need to re-download, you'll still be able to even after the game is removed.

As of the time this article was posted there was no message regarding this game's removal in the North American eShop, but we'll let you know if that changes! Will you download Darksiders II this weekend, before its removal? Let us know in our comments!

Darksiders II Is Hopping Away From The Wii U eshop In Europe On Easter Sunday! 19654

Darksiders II Is Hopping Away From The Wii U eshop In Europe On Easter Sunday! 87457210

Darksiders II Is Hopping Away From The Wii U eshop In Europe On Easter Sunday! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

visicalc
It's a shame because it's a good game but it's probably being removed because THQ went out of business. Apparently Crytek might be buying the franchise so maybe it'll be available to download again on the eShop at some point in the future?
Aqua Cherry Blossom
It's always a shame to see a title get removed from an online shop.
Tasuki
This is why I dont like digital. I mean its not a surprise because of the THQ bankruptcy but how can you say that digital is better now? I mean I am sure that after this Sunday I will be able to find physical copies at places like Gamestop.
KeAfan7
Not to mention the sheer amount of countries that don't have access to high-speed internet. Neutral
KokorOtaku
@Tasuki actually that's actually why I think digital is better, because if you manage to DL a game that gets taken off it feels rarer then going on amazon for the physical copy, of course the downside of it is if you don't buy digital, but at that point... Yes buy physical of you want it and it gets removed, but if you already have it digital then what's the problem?
KeAfan7
Yeah, but not everyone can afford to buy every single game they want when they're released and if they get removed they won't ever be able to get those games. Neutral
Tasuki
@KokorOtaku: What Rukiafan said. Lol
KokorOtaku
Ok true, but if you need to you can buy the physical version if said digital version goes away, and if I were to guess once it goes all digital as in no physical copy available, they won't get removed, I mean the only games that have gotten removed from the eShop are games that got an update or physical release:
Freaky forms got replaced by DX version
Tetris Party Live got replaced with the DS version
Pokedex 3D with Pro
Cave story with 3D version
The only other games from the wii shop are ones from VC which have the original forms, and I'm sure they'll come back on WiiU at some point
KeAfan7
Not true, The Magic Obelisk says hi! Seriously it doesn't matter whether or not it has/had a physical option when it comes to licensing issues, if its license is in question it'll be removed simple as that. Sad
KokorOtaku
ok true, but ill stick to digital if the option is there, especially in this world where smart phones are on the rise. i like being able to show off my download of FEA while sitting next to "that guy" who says "look i just downloaded infinity blade" also i works really well for when i move to japan and thatll be my only option, and would be even if i imported.
KeAfan7
I prefer digital too, but a physical option should always be available too in case something happens to the company or for countries who can't download digital content. Wink
Tio-Tot
Farewell Darksiders II we members of Fairy Tail shall miss you.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)