Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Anonymous
7,000 Wii U Consoles Stolen in Airport Robbery
Adventurous thieves nick $2m worth of new Wii U consoles from Seattle airport.

Adventurous thieves have stolen around 7000 Wii U consoles worth around $2m from SeaTac airport in Seattle, USA.

ABC News quotes Sgt. Cindy West, who says " I’ve been a cop for 28 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this. This has come straight out of the movies.” The thieves broke into an air cargo warehouse and made off with 7000 Premium and Basic Wii U bundles worth a total of $2.28million according to Eurogamer's calculation.

7,000 Wii U Consoles Stolen in Airport Robbery Heist-610x346

The robbers loaded the consoles onto trucks using the warehouse's forklifts sometime between 9pm on Saturday night and noon on Sunday and made off with them. They are expected to have ditched those trucks later on, but the Wii U consoles have yet to surface. Unless the robbers have extremely large families to cater to with Christmas gifts, police expect to see them for sale online.

“If we don’t get any tips ahead of time, it will be the selling of these consoles that will lead to their capture. It’s gonna be pretty hard to hide 7,000 Wii game consoles,” says Sgt West.

Source: http://www.ign.com
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KingreX32
December 19th 2012, 6:44 amKingreX32
ya beat me to it. I was gonna blow the dust off my keyboard and write up this one. Anyways. Yaeh |I actually heard about this on miiverse, its a shame.
Anonymous
Yh, well, someone was going to write it anyways... Sorry! Wink
Anonymous
December 19th 2012, 10:20 amGuest
They found the truck!! Still fully loaded, but deserted!

50 yards down the road they found the probable suspect too: an old, bearded dude, belly up, holding an empty whiskey bottle... waring a ... red jacket and a red Christmas hat...??

lol!
KingreX32
December 19th 2012, 1:25 pmKingreX32
LOL so hes the culprit.
NINTENBRO
December 19th 2012, 5:34 pmNINTENBRO
Wow! What a way to beef up security after 9/11 guys. This airport deserves some type of recognition for their effort's. Seriously, what if this had lead up to a bombing or some other act of terrorism. This situation won't affect Nintendo financially, as the consoles will most likely be covered by insurance. But guess who this will affect? Yes, it will affect us the consumer. Those consoles might be covered under insurance, but Nintendo will still have to compensate for the inevitable spike in their insurance rate's.
TheGingerDoctor
December 22nd 2012, 2:17 pmTheGingerDoctor
Did that guy call those Wii U consoles "Wii consoles"? He must be a casual gamer. Smile

There's a third possible motive for stealing that many Wii U packs: namely, giving them to the less fortunate for Christmas. I'm not sure that's why they were stolen, but if it was...well, I'm not sure the end would justify the means, regardless of the intent.
Anonymous
December 23rd 2012, 11:45 amGuest
How could something like this occur in this day and age?
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)