Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What Have You Been Playing Lately?Yesterday at 3:13 amRyanNerdyGamerYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 3:07 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Angry Adult Gamers!

Parental Controls Prevent 18+ Games From Being Downloaded From The Wii U eshop in EU! Errorw10
Have you received this error message?

We have now learned that this troubling issue on the European Wii U eshop is caused by a restriction to accessing PEGI 18 rated content before a specific time.
Using the eshop after 11pm UK time allows you to open the download page for ZombiU without any issues, which means that Nintendo is restricting the ability to download these games except during the later hours of the night.

This restriction apparently disregards the submitted age on the Nintendo Network ID and even the parental control settings on the system itself.

Your thoughts?

Parental Controls Prevent 18+ Games From Being Downloaded From The Wii U eshop in EU! 19654

Parental Controls Prevent 18+ Games From Being Downloaded From The Wii U eshop in EU! 87457210

Parental Controls Prevent 18+ Games From Being Downloaded From The Wii U eshop in EU! Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

FuManchu
What kind of bs is that? I'm glad that I don't live in Europe, but I feel sorry for busy adults who might not be able to stay up that late at night due to work and have to hold off getting 18+ rated games until they are on vacation, surely the could have you give your drivers license id or something to confirm if you are old enough to purchase an 18+ rated game end rant. Twisted Evil
SkywardL
This is probably to prevent children from downloading demo version of mature games easily.

However, preventing to download a full mature title at anytime as well is not the right solution.
KeAfan7
What about people who actually work during the night shift at the place they work for? This is an extremely bad idea Nintendo and you should find another way to restrict children from downloading mature games. Neutral
Megatron2000
Nintendo need to come up with a solution to this problem. D|
Warlock in love
This is silly problem Nintendo must fix.
SKTTR
I can only talk for Germany. For us it's definately a step forward compared to the Wii Shop and its M-rated games.

In Germany all M-rated games are NOT available at all: Shinobi on Mega Drive, or Toribash, Fast Draw Showdown and Stop Stress on WiiWare are games that are never available here.

I'm glad that now we have at least 4 hours in the evening/night to download them.

If I had no time to download a 18+ game in the evening, I'd ask a friend, get the game on retail, or wait for the weekend. It's not a big deal at all. And like I said, definately a step forward.

KeAfan7
Wow those games are rated E10-T here in America so your rating system must be really strict. Surprised
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)