Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by KingreX32

*Update* European Wii shop loses Donkey Kong Country titles. Donkey_kong_country_titles_gone_europe

Just one day before the WiiU launch, European gamers are hit with some sad news. The Donkey Kong country titles (1, 2, and 3) will be removed from the Wii shop on November 25th. As of now no reason has been given by Nintendo as to why this is happening. As it stands now, this news only applies to Europe, but do not be surprised if the same thing happens here in North America. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn’t.

*Update* European Wii shop loses Donkey Kong Country titles. DKC1

*Update* European Wii shop loses Donkey Kong Country titles. DKC2

*Update* European Wii shop loses Donkey Kong Country titles. DKC3

The Donkey Kong Country titles were released between the years of 1994 and 1996; up until Donkey Kong Country returns every game is the series was developed by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft. This is not the reason for the removal of the games from the Wii shop as Nintendo owns the rights to the characters.
That being said get your hands on these titles before they are gone for good.

Update

SkywardL has confirmed that all 3 Donkey Kong Country titles are no where to be found on the Wii Shop Channel in North America. Nintendo of America has not address on the unfortunate removal at this time.

Source
VG2247.com and Wikipedia

Last edited by KingreX32 on November 17th 2012, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

*Update* European Wii shop loses Donkey Kong Country titles. Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

NINTENBRO
I really hope the same doesn't happen in North America too! I STILL WANT THOSE GAMES NINTENDO!
KingreX32
Dude this is only for Europe.
SkywardL
I check the Wii Shop Channel and all the Donkey Kong Country games are gone in North America as well Sad
NINTENBRO
NOOOooo!

SkywardL, you're joking, right?!
KingreX32
what really, wow. Looks like called it then. Skyward do you wanna update my article? Also I gave you a shout out in my newest youtube vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNoVv6jdgJ0
NINTENBRO
This sucks! I really wanted to download all three of those games eventually. Thanks, for not alerting us about this Nintendo. This is #&%?@$ up Nintendo!
KeAfan7
I just heard that the (NES) Super Mario games might be removed this week. Crying or Very sad
KokorOtaku
Well if you already had them they at least transfered
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
November 18th 2012, 3:25 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Why the hell did Nintendo remove those games and not their $#!%%\,/ games on the NES like city connect and nes football that nobody would even care if they were removed? Mad
Amufungal
Wow I did not realize that these games were removed Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)