Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Today at 5:27 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Not sure what to make of this, but do not treat it as confirmed specs but rather a rumor. Nintendo will (or is expected to) reveal all during their WiiU Preview Event this week.

Rumormill: WiiU Specifics Leaked Wii-U-Hardware-White-Small

"CPU:
“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:
“GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:
Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage:
Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking:
802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output:
Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:
Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB:
Four USB 2.0 Ports"

Source: Click here

Comments

Anonymous
September 11th 2012, 12:55 pmGuest
How do these compare with the Wii?
NINTENBRO
September 11th 2012, 2:50 pmNINTENBRO
That's just it Kushina, it's not comparable in anyway. I have a really good feeling Nintendo will still be facing the same issues as they did with the Wii, because the next X-box and or Playstation consoles will definitely possess much greater specs than the WiiU. Which will once again lead to limited third-party support. Although, I've always purchased Nintendo products for the unmatched first-party experiences they've always provided, but that's unfortunately not the case with the majority of gamers nowadays.
Komicturtle
September 11th 2012, 4:35 pmKomicturtle
Pretty confident this is all true. This is the same info that pretty much matches up with what was found back in April. Not sure about the CPU- it's supposed to be a POWER7 CPU...

Anyhow, I chuckle everytime someone says WiiU is on par with current gen. The current gen isn't even remotely on par with WiiU so I don't know how that's possible (X360 and PS3 are Direct 9.0a compliant vs WiiU's Direct X 10.1)

The nextbox and PS4 are sure to be more powerful than WiiU but it really isn't going to be by a substantial amount judging from the current state of the economy, changes in the industry and how tech in regards to GPU can advance so much. Lots of games on PC are running DirectX 10.1 and DirectX 11 and yet those games are brought down to DirectX 9 for the 360 and PS3. If the nextbox does indeed run DirectX 11 then there really isn't going to be a substantial drop in support for WiiU based on power besides some sacrifices that shouldn't impact the game severely (in performance and content). I'm confident the WiiU will hold it's own against the other two next gen consoles like the PS2 vs GCN and Xbox.

All in due time to shut people up and get things together.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)