Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Biorn the Viking
Biorn the Viking
Bethesda Game Studios is one of the biggest fishes in the gaming industry with triple A titles such as Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout. Bethesda's PR and marketing vice president Pete Hines has revealed that WiiU development is to be determined.

Bethesda: WiiU Development To Be Determined Dishonored2

"So far the Wii hasn't fitted into that. Whether Wii U does down the road is TBD."

Hines believes the transition to next-gen consoles could prove problematic.

"For me the problems with new consoles are two-fold," he added. "The developers are trying to hit a moving technical target, because the platforms are being built. A new console doesn't just show up a year before launch and is exactly what it will be when it comes out."

Hines continues by saying he is concerned by the few amount of people who progress to next-gen at the beginning of a console's lifespan.

"The second point is that your install base always starts at zero," he continued. "Then it comes out and suddenly a certain number of people buy it but it won't be the same number as the current gen. So you have divided your audience.

"It's then a case of: Are we just making it for the next gen? Or next gen and current gen? And how many people from the current gen that I'm targeting have moved over to the next gen? It does complicate things a little bit.

"Obviously the changes they are going to make technologically, in terms of the things we will be able to do, are exciting. But it comes at a price."

Source: Click here

Comments

KeAfan7
September 9th 2012, 6:45 pmKeAfan7
I don't understand companies in the industry sometimes. Neutral
KokorOtaku
September 9th 2012, 7:27 pmKokorOtaku
I wouldn't buy there games if they came to WiiU so I'm uneffected
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users