Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)April 28th 2024, 1:17 pmKokorOtakuWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amRyanNerdyGamerNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amRyanNerdyGamer
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
Analyzing Fluidity: Spin Cycle screenshots Object%20(1)

In 2010, Fluidity was released on the WiiWare service and received an 8.5 from us at WiiWareWave.

In 2012, this Holiday, the physics based platformer with H2O has a starting role is back in a sequel subtitled Spin Cycle exclusively on the Nintendo eShop. These screenshots has just been release and I'll try my best at analyzing on what to expect.

On the top screen, the presentation is much more cel-shaded, at least in the foreground, and keeping the same scenery art design from the original. All of the screenshots so far doesn't reveal any tilting involve, the playfield is in the correct position. I'm guessing that these screenshots are taken during the session of using the gyroscope controls. The tiltable playfield will probably occur when using the Circle Pad.

Analyzing Fluidity: Spin Cycle screenshots Object(1)

On the bottom screen, This is becoming more mysterious. In the upper center is a counter for collecting floating water droplets. In the original, collecting droplets is use to fill up additional pool of water in case the current one is all dried up. In the sequel, it's no longer collecting in the measuring tube. The counter might indicates that the droplets is only important for the completionist.

My reason that there's going to be achievements involve is because of the timer on the upper-right corner of the touch screen. This indicates that the sequel may be more linear, less backtracking between pages, than the original. There's a golden star before the last few minutes, more likely the progression will be mission based instead of Metroid-style levels.

The final thing I want to analyze is the Navi impersonator on the upper-left corner. I'm not sure, I think that's the characterization for the pool of water. The adorable H2O might represent your health, according to the facial impressions.

Analyzing Fluidity: Spin Cycle screenshots Object%20(5)

What can you guess about Fluidity: Spin Cycle base on the first few screenshots. Do you like a more linear fluidity experience. Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Source for the screenshots: GoNintendo

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
August 31st 2012, 7:31 pmKeAfan7
The graphics are much more detailed this time around. This could be one of the best eshop titles this year. Wink
NINTENBRO
August 31st 2012, 8:59 pmNINTENBRO
I don't know why, but the screenshots don't remind me of Fluidity. Also, what's up with the dragons and dinosaurs? I mean, come on! Really!?
Amufungal
September 1st 2012, 6:24 pmAmufungal
This looks fun Smile
NINTENBRO
September 1st 2012, 7:11 pmNINTENBRO
I'm sorry, but these controls are just fricken ridiculous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycqCyE38xw
Staroceancrazy
September 1st 2012, 7:15 pmStaroceancrazy
That's how you control the game? Shocked
NINTENBRO
September 2nd 2012, 7:01 pmNINTENBRO
I sincerely hope the control scheme has been revised in the final product. Otherwise, I'll be much less likely to purchase this game. There was nothing wrong at all with the WiiMote tilt controls. Sometimes, gimmicks truly derail the evolution of certain videogames. The original controls were perfect for this type of game's premise.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)