Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 2:56 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
Jnes5
Jnes5
Japanese release date for Dragon Quest X for Wii announced! Dragon_quest_x_002_thumb

The release date for the upcoming MMORPG Wii game has been announced!

The Wii version of the game will be released on August 2nd of this year. Not only that, but it will also be available in a unique bundle! The bundle contains a USB Memory card (the game requires 16GB of memory space) that will cost ¥8,980 ($110 USD). The game only costs ¥6,980 ($86 USD).

On top of that, there's a monthly subscription cost. Both the standard and bundled versions of the game will come with 20 days of free online play time. Beyond that, there are charges of ¥1,000 ($12 USD) for 30 days, ¥1,950 ($24 USD) for 60 days and ¥2,900 ($35 USD) for 90 days.

Currently there's no release date announcement or any additional details for the Wii U version.

What do you guys think? Does this game have a reasonable price for the subscription costs?

Source: GoNintendo

Last edited by Jnes5 on April 27th 2012, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marioman18
What's the conversion between Yen, Pounds, and U.S. Dollars?
ZezHylia
I think that would make the online play $20 for the 90 day subscription which is quite expensive. D:
sdw4527
They really would do anything for money. Paying money just to play online (which not to mention is required for much of the game), that's just too harsh especially because the price is even relatively high. I loved the ds dragon quest games, but I'm not sure if I will get this one...

By the way, 1 yen=0.0124 USD so that's about $36 for a 90 day subscription.
ZezHylia
$36?! Prinny
KeAfan7
That would mean the bundle would be around $100. Surprised
gamerace
I wonder if this will even come overseas. I honestly can't see NoA bringing this over. For WiiU, yes but for Wii probably not.

To mandate people to get a 16GB sd card this late in the gen (IE: This will be the only game ever to use that 16GB SD card) is not palatable. Not for what is a niche game in NA.

Monster Hunter was monthly subscription in Japan too but not in the west. I suspect DQX will have a monthly subscription in the west but it could be much lower (or possibly free) so not such a big hurdle as it might seem.
KeAfan7
@gamerace perhaps Nintendo can use this USB SD card drive to increase the file-size limitations of the WiiWare service?
gamerace
@Stinkerbri - Y'know, they sure could! If this came out 3-4 years ago, it would have been ideal for that purpose.

Problem is the Wii's life is near it's end. Why would people want a USB Memory stick now? Anyone who was a big Wiiware downloader had to buy a SD card ages ago, so a USB memory stick is kinda redundant now.
Biorn the Viking
April 27th 2012, 12:27 pmBiorn the Viking
Great to see Wii support continuing, however, this is a game that should have been released years ago. Not now. And the subscription fee is ridiculous.
KeAfan7
I just read at Famitsu that the Wii version might come in October in NA and EU, but the Wii U version won't be ready until Q1 2013. There are also rumors of a Wii expansion pack that could be released early next year too. Wink
Keep in mind though I'm using a Wii and I know about as much Japanese as Sugeru Miyamoto knows English so I might have misunderstood. Embarassed
gamerace
YES!!! I'll be thrilled if we get DQX here in NA. Not sure why really 'cause I'll never have time to play it, but it'll be cool all the same. And yes, I'll buy it.

Wii Expansion pack? WTF?? I can't conceive what an expansion pack would do. More memory? Upscale Wii games to HD? (Like early PS3's did with PS2 games)
Aqua Cherry Blossom
April 27th 2012, 1:01 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Someone leaked gameplay from the WiiU version at youtube, but I didn't like the fact that Square-Enix is making the WiiU version look realistic. The cartoon style graphics and silly looking characters are part of the series charm.
gamerace
@Eureka - Do you have a link to that?
Aqua Cherry Blossom
April 27th 2012, 1:05 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Hang on a few minutes and I'll edit the link into this post.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)