Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Rodriguez vs. Kojima!

Nicalis Founder Says Kojima is "Terrible" Nicalis

Tyrone Rodriguez the founder of Nicalis Studios the people who brought us wonderful WiiWare and eshop games such as Cave Story, VVVVVV, and the upcoming WiiWare title La Mulana!
Rodriguez said in an interview with Indie Gamers that Japanese developers have absolutely nothing of quality to offer, and that Hideo Kojima "a developer from Konami" in particular would be better suited at making bad movies.

What are your opinions about Rodriguez's viewpoints? Do you agree with Rodriguez?

Nicalis Founder Says Kojima is "Terrible" 19654

Nicalis Founder Says Kojima is "Terrible" 87457210

Nicalis Founder Says Kojima is "Terrible" Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Chrono_Cross
March 28th 2012, 2:05 pmChrono_Cross
Rodriguez is an idiot. For someone so low in the game industry to insult someone so high, is disgusting. Kojima is a genius especially when compared to this amateur.

That VVVVVV game on Metacritic has an 82 whereas Metal Gear Sold 2 Sons of Liberty has a 96. Kojima has nothing to offer but you do? lol!
Staroceancrazy
March 28th 2012, 2:35 pmStaroceancrazy
Is this guy serious?
Amufungal
March 28th 2012, 4:40 pmAmufungal
Wow just wow Surprised
Navi
What an awful thing to say. Surprised
SkywardL
March 28th 2012, 9:15 pmSkywardL
I'll still be reviewing VVVVVV soon.
Amufungal
March 29th 2012, 12:37 amAmufungal
@SkywardL I cannot wait even though this guy is mean I still want to try VVVVVV sometime Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
March 29th 2012, 1:40 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
This guy must be Jack Tretton's pal lol.
KingreX32
March 29th 2012, 1:42 pmKingreX32
I dont know about you guys But I really like the Gears of War series.
Gekkouga-Senpai
March 29th 2012, 2:54 pmGekkouga-Senpai
Why are most of these guys so flipping arrogant?
Megatron2000
March 29th 2012, 5:36 pmMegatron2000
The way this man acts is appalling and childish Tyrone Rodriguez was being very disrespectful D|
KingreX32
March 29th 2012, 6:23 pmKingreX32
this makes me lose respect for him and his games.
Marth
Y'know...even if he's right about Kojima, it confuses me why he'd even say this. If he's just speaking his mind, that's all fine and dandy, but calling him "terrible" is going to anger his fans and the people planning on buying the games Nicalis produces are less likely to do so. It's nice that he's got gusto, but I can't think of any real reason to bring that up during an interview...
Biorn the Viking
April 3rd 2012, 5:26 amBiorn the Viking
I'm not a fan of Nicalis or their games despite how well received they may be. Didn't enjoy Cave Story as much as I thought I would and definitely regret not trying out the demo before buying the game. Went with hype and that "old school" feel rather than personal entertainment. I think Rodriguez is being extremely arrogant. Hating on Japanese devs and more specifically, Hideo Kojima, without anything to back up his appalling behavior.
Aqua Cherry Blossom
April 3rd 2012, 12:04 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
@Ultanium you might still enjoy his next Wiiware game La Mulana. I have the game on Steam and personally thought Cave Story was overhyped, but La Mulana is a fantastic old school platformer.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)