Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Sadly I've never played this timeless classic, was hoping for a Wii VC release, but that seems unlikely at this point. Sad

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island 19654

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island 87457210

Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Jnes5
March 25th 2012, 2:56 pmJnes5
I feel that this game is not as good as the SNES version, since the addition of new voices sounds were kind of unnecessary, kind of like in super mario advance !

But great review nonetheless !
Marth
April 8th 2012, 5:13 pmMarth
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer this version over the Super Nintendo one due to the added content. The six new levels, alternate ending, and the obvious portability make this one take the cake.
Chrono_Cross
April 8th 2012, 5:57 pmChrono_Cross
You might be, but for it releasing nearly half a decade later on the GBA with only six new levels and the alternate ending, it doesn't really seem worthwhile to recommend to fans of the original release.

Whereas Super Mario 64 DS has a lot of added new content and is highly recommended only to fans of the original. And I say "only" because it's not that great.
Marth
April 8th 2012, 7:02 pmMarth
Fair enough, it's not exactly heavy on the new additions. It's a pretty basic port, which GBA seemed to be getting a lot of at the time.

I just don't see a lot of people prefer the SNES version. Other than the nostalgic value of Yoshi's sounds or the home console experience, it's pretty much the same with a thin slice of content for hardcore players not included.
Staroceancrazy
April 9th 2012, 1:32 amStaroceancrazy
@ViewtifulJoe Super Mario 64 isn't great in your opinion? Shocked
Chrono_Cross
April 9th 2012, 10:46 amChrono_Cross
Compared to this or every other 3D Mario game, no. My review for Super Mario 64 will be up in the next week, so look out for it. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)