Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)Yesterday at 4:40 pmTheGingerDoctorWhat Have You Been Playing Lately?April 24th 2024, 3:11 amTheGingerDoctorNews: Surprise! An Indie World Direct Has Been Announced For Tomorrow April 17th!April 21st 2024, 5:26 pmKokorOtakuHow I’m feeling right now…April 14th 2024, 12:34 amKeAfan7“Doctor wot…?” (The Doctor Who Discussion Thread)April 7th 2024, 3:56 amTheGingerDoctor
armerocks
armerocks
Admin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spaztic Gunslinging...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

review - Review: Guns and Stories Bulletproof (PSVR) PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT5_172538

Developer: MIROWIN.

Publisher: MIROWIN.

All right let’s review this hot-mess, so the game is a wave type of game where your goal is to shoot down enemies and survive. It’s divided into a few acts which each have three stages, it also has various difficulty levels such as baby, easy, normal, hard, etc. The game starts with an old man sitting in a rocking chair and his grandson finds his old gun so the kid asks him to tell him a story of his youth, the grandpa decides to tell him a story while also demanding more beer or whatever he drinks.

As you progress through the game you will hear the old man tell the story and during each level all of the enemies will stop attacking while the old man talks and then introduce you to a new gun. The game is bizarre to say the least, you got your old west style cowboys and such but then you have enemies with Lincoln bears or motorbike helmets, there are even drone enemies, and some guys using Gatling guns while wearing gear from Rome. Personally I think they were very creative instead of just a plain old survival wave game, and the gun design are nice except one that has a smile face on it for some weird reason. There are also a lot of variation of commentary in the game and in one scene they were making fun of Mexicans which I found unnecessary, I’m not one that takes offense to that kind of stuff since it’s just a video game, but some may take it a bit personal.

review - Review: Guns and Stories Bulletproof (PSVR) PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT6_172538

Now the real problem of this game is the following, first the graphics, now I am not one to care much about graphics but the problem is some enemies are so far away that the image are a little blurry and since this game doesn’t have anything that tells you where you are aiming you need precise aiming to hit them which makes it difficult when the characters are too far away and blurry, another thing is that the stages are very wide, which is not exactly a bad thing but sometimes you have many enemies on the front or on the right and you don’t see the enemies on the left at all or you are so focused on the enemies in front of you that sometimes enemies that walk near you are so out of site that you usually won't notice them until you are getting shot by them so you really have to turn your head a lot to see them.

Now the worse part of the game is the PS Move's detection, it’s just awful, most of the time the two guns that you start with start spazzing out moving forward and then back on their own or just won’t turn well cause detection is faulty, worse yet is when they give you new gun which uses both hands to fire and aim, I literally had to move left and right almost hitting the floor just to try to aim at enemies cause the detection was so awful that the big gun kept spazzing out all over the place making it almost completely unplayable, I literally had to put the game on baby difficulty and move around as much as possible to avoid the bullets and try to aim in order to pass the third stage. I thought maybe it’s just this stage that has the problem, but I was wrong because in one of the stages in act 2 I get a sort of rail gun that shoots electricity, which again the gun looks cool but the game cannot detect the PS Move controller properly and just spazzes out again. The game frustrated me to no end and I thought perhaps there’s a problem with my camera or controllers so I popped in raw data and works fine even using the shot gun in raw data which uses two arms almost the same way as the gun in this game and while it was a little hard to control it wasn’t spazzing out all over the place.

This game was more frustrating than fun, I really don’t know if it was my equipment or not, I am not that much of a tech guy but seeing as the controls worked fine in raw data I don’t think it was my equipment. Unfortunately I can’t progress any further in the game due to the horrible PS Move detection. So I’m reviewing this with how little the game allowed me to see and experience. I would have liked to do a better review cause it's not a bad game aside from control detection but i really just couldn't get past act 2, even in baby mode.

review - Review: Guns and Stories Bulletproof (PSVR) PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT4_172538

Pros:

1.       Its entertaining because its creative

2.       It has cool designs for the guns

Cons:

1.       Its repetitive

2.       The map is to wide and the camera can’t see well the enemies that are too far or very close

3.       The ps move detection is horrible and will frustrate you ( this has been fixed in update now its  much better and playable)

4.       It can be a little offensive to those who can’t handle stereotypes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★½☆☆ 7.5/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #ShootingGallery #PSVR #PS4 #PSN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: (02/11/2019) ok so recently the game had an update and it was a huge improvement on the motion controls the camara had better detection and the oversized giant guns,were replaced by a one hand gun and an extension for it for example in one of the stages it was a realy huge yellow gun the fired grenades as well as rapidfire bullets so now it was changed to a smaller rapid fire gun on the right hand and on the left hand you control the grenades. So if you wana give it a try now you can cause its more stable. So i up the score to a 7.5 out of 10.

I didnt wana erase my previous review of it because the only thing that realy changed was the detection problem being fixed and adjustments to guns. Plus i wanted you to know how it first turned out and then how it was fixed with the update.

Last edited by armerocks on February 10th 2019, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
January 15th 2019, 8:36 pmKeAfan7
As always be sure to leave us any questions and comments you may have in our comments section below! Wink

Last edited by Reanfan on January 16th 2019, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
RWBY_Red
January 16th 2019, 8:00 pmRWBY_Red
Great review @armerocks! Too bad the game was a broken mess. Sad
Talesfanatic
January 16th 2019, 8:07 pmTalesfanatic
This game sounds awful. pale
ToughGamer
January 16th 2019, 8:09 pmToughGamer
Bad game good review @armerocks.
KeAfan7
January 16th 2019, 10:17 pmKeAfan7
@armerocks Great review dude. I saw how much trouble the game was giving you in your Twitch stream. That was hilariously awful. lol!
KeAfan7
January 16th 2019, 10:21 pmKeAfan7
@Talesfanatic @ToughGamer It wasn't necessarily a bad game per'say, but as @armerocks stated the controls hurt the otherwise decent game. Had it been a bad game it'd likely have scored under 5/10. Wink
armerocks
January 16th 2019, 10:35 pmarmerocks
@Reanfan i think you mean my youtube stream i dont have twitch xD
KeAfan7
January 17th 2019, 1:19 amKeAfan7
@armerocks Tomato, Tomahto lol. xP
catfood
January 17th 2019, 5:41 pmcatfood
Hard pass. Great review!
Clαππαd
January 18th 2019, 11:14 amClαππαd
Nice review once again! Smile
Staroceancrazy
January 19th 2019, 12:58 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @armerocks! What VR game are you gonna review next Question
armerocks
January 19th 2019, 9:03 amarmerocks
@Staroceancrazy im gona review kingdom of blades ps vr next
Neptune
January 21st 2019, 6:41 pmNeptune
Nice review @armerocks. Smile
Aqua Cherry Blossom
January 28th 2019, 7:50 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review yet again @armerocks lol. Smile
Kain
January 29th 2019, 12:06 pmKain
Nice review @armerocks! The developer released an update that fixed the controls you might want to update your review.
ShanaNoShakugan
February 4th 2019, 1:23 amShanaNoShakugan
@armerocks Such nice review. Smile
armerocks
February 11th 2019, 12:02 amarmerocks
Review has been updated cause of the new update game had
DigiDestined
February 11th 2019, 8:51 pmDigiDestined
Nice review. =)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments