Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Commander Video is back for another Bit. Trip game. This time you must journey through a retro sidescrolling shooter!

Gameplay
This is an extremely unique shmup game that has tons of unique features. Lets go ahead and take a look at some of the highlights! In this game you can only move left and right along a pre-determined path while you choose what direction to shoot by pointing your wiimote at the desired location! This game is hard as it features several long levels that are filled with hordes of enemies and hazards as well as massive bosses! However it is substantially shorter than Runner as it will likely take 3-4 hours for most gamers to beat.

Graphics and Sound
The graphics in this title looks retro with its simplistic backgrounds, clunky box like character and enemy models as well as simple special effects. Yet it has a somewhat modern look to it because of the 3D character and enemy models as well as 3D objects here and there (such as crystal formations or lava) which give this game a unique look!

Fate also features very retro sound effects as most of what you'll hear sound like the bleeping sounds from the old Atari systems. But it also has a few computerised voice effects that mainly occur when your weapons strength increases or decreases as well as when you collect power-ups!

Bottom Line: With unique gameplay, retro graphics that are somewhat modernised, retro sounds that are reminiscent of the old Atari systems, Bit. Trip Fate should please any retro gamer or shmup fan. At 800 points it won't hurt your wallet!

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 8/10

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

this review can also be viewed here
Attachments
Review: Bit-Trip Fate (WiiWare) Attachment
bittripfate.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(15 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 8th 2018, 1:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

Review: Bit-Trip Fate (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Bit-Trip Fate (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Bit-Trip Fate (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KingreX32
May 5th 2011, 3:00 pmKingreX32
I downloaded the Demo for this game. It kinda turned me off. Same thing with Flux. It feels like a rehash of beat.
Amufungal
May 5th 2011, 4:11 pmAmufungal
I really like retro games like this!
I think your review is spot on!
Nice review.
DigiDestined
November 4th 2011, 11:51 amDigiDestined
@KingreX32 The game gets much better just after where the demo ends Wink
OddyWorld
November 4th 2011, 12:14 pmOddyWorld
I didn't like this as much as I liked Bit-Trip Runner.
Staroceancrazy
November 5th 2011, 12:35 pmStaroceancrazy
This is a great shooter game that really gets overlooked.
Sneaker
November 5th 2011, 1:15 pmSneaker
Didn't like the demo, in fact I think all the Bit. Trip games are overrated. I did like Runner, but that was nowhere near the 10 NintendoLife gave it.
[NL] Fishing Resort
November 5th 2011, 1:23 pm[NL] Fishing Resort
I agree with Sneaker.
Ms_Kinomoto
June 23rd 2012, 3:54 pmMs_Kinomoto
Um....nice review Rukiafan Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)