Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jnes5
Jnes5
There's a reason why StarFox 64 3D doesn't have online multiplayer... Star_fox_64-1667335

Are you upset that the 3DS game StarFox 64 3D doesn't have online multiplayer ? and do you think that Nintendo were lazy to not to do that ? well... there's now a reason why this didn't happened.

In an interview with Official Nintendo Magazine, Nintendo's Yusuke Amano, the one who was in charge of co-ordinating the game's development between Q-Games and Nintendo, said that the reason why online multiplayer wasn't included in StarFox64 3D is because they didn't have the time to do so, the intervies states:

"The popular online games work in lots of things, so they play well online and if we wanted to satisfy everyone who bought the game, the costs required for including online support would be vast.

For this project what we needed to do was use Star Fox to provide users with a game that shows the appeal of Nintendo 3DS as quickly as possible. We put a lot of effort into the graphics, and if we had included online support then we couldn't have reached this level in the time allowed."

Hmm... maybe it was for the best, because if they delayed the game in order to include the online multiplayer, there might be another reason why consumers won't buy the 3DS right now...

But what do you guys think ? do you think that this was a smart decision ? or a dumb one ?

Source: Gonintendo

Also on PSN ! PSN: jnesDX
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Grumblevolcano
Well considering I only found out about the lack of online support after I had already purchased the game I was more then a little upset Evil or Very Mad
Killeryoshii
It was the reason why I wanted this game...why thank you for letting me keep my hard earned money Nintendo Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)