Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Party Like You're The New Kid in The City!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) 900x

Welcome to the world of animal crossing and enjoy a world where time and seasons change just as they do in real life. Do whatever you please be it fishing or helping neighbors out. It's completely up to you.

Gameplay:

This game is a sandbox virtual life game that you can pretty much do anything you want after the first 30-40 minutes of playing. You start the game in a bus talking to a chatty cat who will ask you the name of your town and the current date. Afterwards he will ask you several questions that will affect the gender and appearance of your character.

You will then arrive at your town and choose between 4 different empty homes to purchase. Tom Nook will then accept your initial payment which, much to Nooks dismay, is nowhere near enough to pay for the mortgage so he hires you to do several odds and end jobs to help pay for your homes mortgage. Once completed you can do whatever you want.

Theres tons to do in this game such as visiting the city to shop or fishing, bug catching, fossil hunting or even having some friends coming over via wifi connection. Or you can visit their town. This game has holidays just like the real world and there is plenty to do on those days such as getting presents from Jingle the Reindeer or finding the Jack O Lantern to get special furniture for your pad just to name a couple. It's pretty tedious to some but can be quite fun for those who like titles like this.

Graphics & Music:

The graphics in this game are cute and colorful but don't expect much detail or realism in the graphics (which is a nice change of pace from games like SIMS). The music in this title is very fun and cheerful and fits this titles cuteness very well.

Bottom line:

Animal Crossing: City Folk is a niche game that some will find irresistibly fun and addictive but is certainly not for everyone. However those who like virtual life games that allow you to live a separate virtual life such as The Sims, you'll likely enjoy this refreshingly cute game. At a $20 price for brand new copies it's a bargain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #Nintendo #AnimalCrossing #SliceOfLife #Gaming

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attachments
SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) Attachment
accf.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(18 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 16th 2017, 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) 19654

SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) 87457210

SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marioman18
June 21st 2011, 5:51 pmMarioman18
Not really my cup of coffee,but still a terrific review rukiafan Wink
DigiDestined
July 5th 2011, 11:39 amDigiDestined
I love the premise of the Animal Crossing series and the online gameplay in City Folk Very Happy
Andy
I was always an AC fan!
NINTENBRO
October 31st 2011, 5:54 amNINTENBRO
What can you do online with your WiFi friends?
Ragnar
WiiAboutU wrote:What can you do online with your WiFi friends?

Visit their town. Once in their town, do all the things that you can do in your own town. You can get patterns from them, items (such as fruit) that you don't have yourself. There are different ways to chat while you're in the same town too. Also when not visiting one another's towns, you can send mail to one another, or to characters living in the other town. You can also send pictures that you've taken.

NINTENBRO
October 31st 2011, 10:15 amNINTENBRO
Hmmm... That sounds fairly engaging Ragnar and fun too.
Akatsuki
October 31st 2011, 11:32 amAkatsuki
I love the open ended gameplay in Animal Crossing especially the online mode Very Happy
Ragnar
It's sooo open ended. This is my second Animal Crossing game. I also had one back during the gamecube era.

I can visit every day if I want, for whatever reason: trying to catch that one particular fish, trying to decorate my town just the way I want it, or I can visit once every couple of months for a holiday event, or just to see what goodies Nintendo may have mailed me.

There may not be a million things to do, but it's your town to do whatever you want with.
Amufungal
November 15th 2011, 3:45 pmAmufungal
Great review Rukiafan Smile
Marth
Good review, though I found this game to be very disappointing. The difference between Animal Crossing on GameCube and Animal Crossing Wild World was huge, but this almost felt like restarting my Wild World file on the big screen.

For every slight addition, they actually took away my favorite features. That means a smaller house, not being able to collect villager pictures, the destroyed grass patches, and Tom Nook downgrading his shop. Sad It's still a good game for newcomers to the series, but this just felt like they put no effort into it.
ShounenMania
June 30th 2012, 3:56 pmShounenMania
I'm a fan of the series and Animal Crossing City Folk is a great game! SliceOfLife - Review: Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii Retail) 631737971
Inoue79
I truly enjoy sandbox games such as Animal Crossing that give you the freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want. Cool
Anonymous
I love this game! I love you
RWBY_Red
December 4th 2013, 1:07 pmRWBY_Red
Animal Crossing is such a fun game with so much to do. It's open endedness is what makes it so much fun! Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)