Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Cave Story is a great game created by the one man crew, Pixel Studio and is a really amazing Adventure/Platforming game.

Story/Gameplay
In this epic game you play as a human-like robot from the surface who has lost his memories and try to save the cave dwelling inhabitants of the floating island that you are trapped on from an evil doctor and his evil henchmen.

This game has a metroid feel to it as the game has reduced gravity physics. The game also features a ton of weapons including hidden ones that can level up to increase their effectiveness. This game is pretty long for a wiiware platformer and can take over 6 hours to beat. This game also features a super hard hidden area to find as well as several unlockable modes.

Graphics & Sound
The graphics in this game are very unique and detailed as character models and scenery in this game are awesome and in some cases bizarre. Expect to fight a toaster at some point. This game also runs about as smoothly as most Turbographx-16 games as it does not slowdown, no matter how much action is happening on-screen.

The sound effects are simple yet suitable and the music is catchy and fits the mood of the game nicely.

Bottom line: This is an extremely fun game that you will want to play time after time and despite being fairly expensive at 1200 Wii Points it is well worth purchasing.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 9.6/10

9- Awesome This game has little in the way of flaws, and is a highly enjoyable experience.
Attachments
Review: Cave Story (WiiWare) Attachment
cavestory.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(35 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Last edited by Reanfan on October 22nd 2018, 1:45 pm; edited 4 times in total

Review: Cave Story (WiiWare) 19654

Review: Cave Story (WiiWare) 87457210

Review: Cave Story (WiiWare) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Link_i_am
May 2nd 2011, 3:06 pmLink_i_am
I really want to get cave story,hopefully I'll earn some money soon Smile
H_Bogart32
May 14th 2011, 2:10 pmH_Bogart32
I truly enjoy the classic gameplay cave story features and highly recommend this title!

Good review,perfect score!

Nice review rukiafan =)
Cloud_Strife
September 9th 2011, 5:27 pmCloud_Strife
A short but nice review Rukiafan...... Smile
KeAfan7
September 9th 2011, 5:45 pmKeAfan7
Thanks Cloud Very Happy
Hey long time no see Wink
Love4Gaming
September 11th 2011, 6:55 pmLove4Gaming
Cave Story is one of the best platformers on wiiware!
Amufungal
September 14th 2011, 6:21 pmAmufungal
I'll wait for Cave Story 3D Very Happy
Objection Blaster
October 12th 2011, 1:43 pmObjection Blaster
Cave Story is just amazing for a WiiWare game a must buy for Wii owners Very Happy
Superst☆r
October 28th 2011, 12:27 pmSuperst☆r
Short review Surprised
Marth
April 3rd 2012, 6:41 amMarth
Is there any reason to buy this or the DSiWare version if you already own Cave Story 3D? Just curious, but I would be willing to do so if they had any real differences.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)