Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Mariokart 64 was the second game released in the popular Mariokart series and adds many new gameplay elements not seen in Super Mario Kart on the (SNES) such as time trial mode.

This game has 12 courses across 4 cups that are all very unique and there are unique hazards to avoid in some of them such as a train in Kalimari Desert or chain chomps in Rainbow Road as well as 4 levels of difficulty 50cc,100cc,150cc and mirror. This game also introduced many new items to obtain such as the fake item box & the infamous blue shell.

CPU AI in the game is some of the worst you'll ever see but still manages to be challenging at higher CC races (especially mirror) due to fairly difficult track layouts.

The graphics in the game were decent at the time it was released but have not aged well. The games music is pretty good and fits the game well.

Bottom line: Mariokart 64 is a good game with great track design and good music that is fun to play with other people. This game does have its flaws like terrible CPU AI and graphics that in all honesty have not aged well. But as a whole is a pretty good game that is worth checking out if you like kart racing games or a game to play with others.

Score ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 8/10

8- Great This is a great game that might have a few flaws or could have been better, but is still a game we highly recommend!
Attachments
Mario Kart 64 (N64) Attachment
mariokart64.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(17 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Mario Kart 64 (N64) 19654

Mario Kart 64 (N64) 87457210

Mario Kart 64 (N64) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Golden Freiza
October 11th 2011, 6:37 pmGolden Freiza
Mario Kart 64 is the worst Mario Kart game I've ever played....and I've played them all Laughing

The cpu AI is awful and the game looks less pleasing then the original game for the Super Nintendo Sad
[NL] Fishing Resort
October 11th 2011, 6:48 pm[NL] Fishing Resort
I think the score is a bit high but otherwise accurate Neutral
Sneaker
October 12th 2011, 2:34 pmSneaker
MechaFreiza wrote:Mario Kart 64 is the worst Mario Kart game I've ever played....and I've played them all Laughing

The cpu AI is awful and the game looks less pleasing then the original game for the Super Nintendo Sad
Finally someone that agrees with me.
SkywardL
February 17th 2012, 7:00 pmSkywardL
Playing Grind Prix in 2 player is the only mode I play Smile
Marth
February 19th 2012, 11:26 pmMarth
I'll take this one over Mario Kart 7, simply on the basis that it has block fort as a battle map. Really, I spent hours and hours just fighting CPU opponents in block fort on both the N64 version and DS version. It was a perfect time-killer and the perfect multi-player map.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)