Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Final Frontier...TWO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 900x_211

Developed by Granzella and published by NIS America, R-Type Final 2 is the latest game in the long-running R-Type series with updated gameplay mechanics and fresh new visuals. Is this new game as good as its predecessors? No, but it is a solid game in its own right and here's why:

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 900x_w10

The gameplay in R-Type Final 2 is fantastic even by sidescrolling Shoot em' up standards. There are plenty of game modes and options to give players quite a few ways to play the game. The game itself is more refined than its predecessors with additional upgrades, more responsive controlls, and more which makes the game feel fresh, and while the game has a decent amount of content, a huge chunk is also locked as paid dlc, which is rather unfortunate. The game also suffers from a bit of stuttering and several second loading times between deaths which is a bit jarring and lowers our overall score of the game by a bit.

As for the audio-visual presentation the game looks amazing with gorgeous level backgrounds, excellent ship and enemy models as well as great looking UI's and menus. The soundtrack is also absolutely incredible and fits the mood of the game well as do the myriad of sound effects in the game!

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 900x_113

Bottom-Line: With good gameplay, excellent controls, and a top-notch audio-visual presentation, R-Type Final 2 is an enjoyable romp through a new entry in a beloved series, however technical issues and long loading times hold this game back quite a bit. We still give R-Type Final 2 a solid level of recommendation despite its flaws!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #Switch #Retail #eShop #PS4 #PSN #Granzella #NISAmerica #SHMUP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Pyrafan7 on August 21st 2022, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 19654

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 87457210

eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki, Otaku, Zatchbell, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
August 21st 2022, 12:53 pmKeAfan7
Our review is back online! Wink

Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki, Otaku, Zatchbell, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 21st 2022, 3:58 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smug

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki, Otaku, Zatchbell, Kain and Talesfanatic like this post

Zatchbell
August 21st 2022, 5:47 pmZatchbell
Always been a fan of the series and your review is spot on. Great review! victory

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki, Otaku, Kain and Talesfanatic like this post

Talesfanatic
August 21st 2022, 6:04 pmTalesfanatic
@Pyrafan7 I saw that a bunch of your reviews reappeared today, but I guess this one was gone? Anyway nice review as always. Very Happy

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki, Otaku and Kain like this post

KeAfan7
August 21st 2022, 7:53 pmKeAfan7
@Talesfanatic Yeah, the OG review was gonezo haha! lol!

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Megatron2000, Akatsuki and Otaku like this post

Megatron2000
August 22nd 2022, 3:22 amMegatron2000
You mean we can shoot up alien vermin in this game? I Always enjoy a good shoot em up! Megatron approves! Megatron Happy

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Akatsuki, Otaku and Kain like this post

Otaku
August 22nd 2022, 5:56 pmOtaku
Awesome review @Pyrafan7! Very Happy

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Akatsuki and Kain like this post

Amufungal
August 22nd 2022, 7:17 pmAmufungal
Nice review. Smile

KeAfan7, Akatsuki and Kain like this post

KeAfan7
August 22nd 2022, 7:21 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for the comments you guys and gals! You ROCK! king queen

Akatsuki and Kain like this post

KeAfan7
August 22nd 2022, 7:22 pmKeAfan7
@OrionJZed @KokorOtaku You have been summoned! Wink

Akatsuki and Kain like this post

Kain
August 22nd 2022, 11:36 pmKain
@SuperVash As WiiWareWave's resident shmup afficianado how does this compare to the original R-Type Final game on the SNES? scratch

@Pyrafan7 Nice review as expected!

Akatsuki likes this post

Akatsuki
September 5th 2022, 10:51 pmAkatsuki
@Pyrafan7 What a good review. I don't like all the dlc, however the base game is content heavy and fun so I cannot complain.
RWBY_Red
September 28th 2022, 11:16 amRWBY_Red
Good review. 100% agree with the score.
Amufungal
January 3rd 2023, 8:00 pmAmufungal
@KeAfan7 I moved this review to the appropriate section. Smile
KeAfan7
January 3rd 2023, 10:02 pmKeAfan7
@OrionJZed @KokorOtaku @SunDownSamurai You have been summoned! Wink

SunDownSamurai likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
January 4th 2023, 1:19 amRyanNerdyGamer
R-Type, huh? Waitaminute… my (real) name starts with the letter R… and typing my name means R is typed first… making my name an R-Type name… and if people are their names… then… uh… w-what was the question again…? scratch

Really terrific and yowzahfied positive exposé, my friend in North America! Like, 2 kool! eShop - Review: R-Type Final 2 (Switch Retail) 631737971

/thematic ‘90s slang subroutine Razz

SunDownSamurai likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)