Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CrossDimensional Fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) Large_10

Developed by Radical Fish Games, published by Deck 13, and public relations by PR Hound, CrossCode is an action RPG set in a simulated VRMMORPG that pays homage to many classic games in the genre. How does it stack up to other simulated VRMMORPG's or action RPG's in general? Continue reading our review to find out!

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) Large_11

The gameplay in CrossCode is basically like The Legend of Zelda crossed with a ton of MMO features such as quests, landmarks, fast travel, and other nuances, but the game also focuses on intricate puzzle-solving and some of the puzzles are incredibly difficult even compared to the almighty king of puzzles The Legend of Zelda series. The game's world is quite expansive for a 2-D RPG, but not so big that it becomes a hassle to traverse.

The game is extremely long as well clocking in at a whopping 60-80 hours in length depending on a player's skill level and we mean it when we say this could have been a AAA RPG back during the SNES era, but of course things like MMO's didn't exactly exist during those days, at least not in the capacity that they have existed in for the past 20-22 years so simulated MMO's obviously didn't exist either, but we digress. As for the controls, they are silky smooth, intuitive, and a breeze to learn which is always a good thing!

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) Large_12

The audio-visual presentation while decidedly retro has a unique style all its own and is very fitting since every other aspect of the game feels like an absolute piece of art. There is no doubt that this game would have been among the most gorgeous looking games during the 16-bit era and even in the modern era of gaming it still looks stylishly amazing! The soundtrack is extremely varied and there aren't any music tracks that we felt weren't amazing. Overall the audio-visual presentation is as close to perfection as possible!

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) Large_13

Bottom-Line: With a fantastic story, amazing gameplay, excellent controls, a ton of content, and an absolutely perfect audio-visual presentation, there's just no reason not to add CrossCode to your collection of games be it on PS4 or Nintendo Switch! We give the game a nearly perfect level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★½ 9.5/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #PRHound #Deck13 #RadicalFishGames #RPG #Adventure #SimulatedMMO #PS4 #PSN #Switch #eShop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Towafan7 on August 14th 2020, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) 19654

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) 87457210

Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, Megatron2000, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Staroceancrazy
August 13th 2020, 6:15 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @Towafan7 Exclamation

KeAfan7, Amufungal, RyanNerdyGamer and Talesfanatic like this post

KeAfan7
August 13th 2020, 6:17 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live. Enjoy! Wink

Amufungal, RyanNerdyGamer, Neptune and Talesfanatic like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
August 14th 2020, 3:33 amRyanNerdyGamer
GeekyGamerJack: No, you did it all backwards!

(Blank stares from @Towafan7 and @Staroceancrazy)

GeekyGamerJack: Fry's Towa's the one who should be-

(Blank stares from @Towafan7 and @Staroceancrazy)

GeekyGamerJack: Oh, never mind...

Futurama references aside, it is amusing that someone posted before @Towafan7's usual "review is now live" post, which actually happens more often than you'd think... Embarassed

Brilliant review as always, bee-tee-dubs. Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) 631737971

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Megatron2000, DigiDestined, Kain, Neptune and Talesfanatic like this post

KeAfan7
August 14th 2020, 2:18 pmKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerJack You shouldn't be embarrassed, it happens to us all sometimes. Wink

Amufungal, Megatron2000, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain, Neptune and Talesfanatic like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
August 14th 2020, 3:19 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Well, it was intended as a play for laughs (subtly hinting at the time I commented on an article before you'd even posted it*), but I couldn't find the correct sweating emoji, so I chose the next best option.

...which I just now realise should've been the facepalm emoji. Bored/What the...?

"Darn it!" Review: CrossCode (PS4 PSN) 1625187496

*Yes, that actually happened. Can't remember which article specifically, but @Towafan7 's reaction, and my reaction to said reaction, were priceless! lol!

Amufungal, Megatron2000, DigiDestined, Kain, Neptune and Talesfanatic like this post

Talesfanatic
August 15th 2020, 1:06 amTalesfanatic
Nice review @Towafan7!

Amufungal and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

RWBY_Red
August 16th 2020, 10:53 pmRWBY_Red
Nice review.

Amufungal and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

Amufungal
August 16th 2020, 11:01 pmAmufungal
Nice review. I might give this a whirl myself as it looks interesting. Smile

Megatron2000, DigiDestined, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain and Neptune like this post

DigiDestined
August 18th 2020, 11:10 amDigiDestined
Nice review @Towafan7. =)

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

KeAfan7
August 18th 2020, 9:27 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer and Neptune like this post

Kain
August 19th 2020, 11:48 amKain
Amufungal wrote:Nice review. I might give this a whirl myself as it looks interesting. Smile

Ditto.

Megatron2000, RyanNerdyGamer and Neptune like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
August 19th 2020, 3:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Kain Did someone say...?

Megatron2000, Aqua Cherry Blossom and Neptune like this post

Megatron2000
August 19th 2020, 7:11 pmMegatron2000
Towafan7 great review! Megatron approves! Megatron Happy

@GeekyGamerJack hahaha. Megatron, however isn't amused and squashes Ditto with his right foot, sadly for Megatron It isn't effective as Ditto morphs into a squirmy gelatin and tickles Megatron's feet! That move is super effective causing Megatron to do the get this gross thing off my foot dance. Megatron Excited/Sho

Aqua Cherry Blossom and Neptune like this post

KeAfan7
August 21st 2020, 6:33 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback! You guys rock! king
RyanNerdyGamer
August 21st 2020, 7:35 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 A few of the funniest Brock quotes:

May: Hey, Brock, what's ExtremeSpeed?
Brock: When a Pokémon's speed goes to the extreme.

Brock's body language: I'm so ripped! Watch as this shirt bursts off me and reveals my rock-hard abs!

Pokémon Breeder Brock: Both of Ash's Pokémon are Water-types, and they're TOTALLY weak against Fire-types!

Brock Ketchum: These doughnuts are great! Jelly-filled are my favourite. Nothing beats a jelly-filled doughnut.

A crossbow bolt impales Bryn's upper arm.

Brocc: It wasn't me! You can't prove I did it! STOP ACCUSING ME!

Oh, uh... heheh... that one was from a different Brocc. Razz

Aqua Cherry Blossom and Neptune like this post

KeAfan7
August 23rd 2020, 5:17 pmKeAfan7
@GeekyGamerJack ROFLMAO! lol!

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 16th 2020, 3:48 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smug

KeAfan7 and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

KeAfan7
November 28th 2020, 9:08 pmKeAfan7
@Aqua Cherry Blossom You seem to really enjoy that new emote haha! lol!
Neptune
November 30th 2020, 3:17 pmNeptune
Great review as always!
KeAfan7
April 12th 2021, 12:24 amKeAfan7
@Neptune Thanks for the feedback! 😎
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)