Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Whopper of A Collection!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) Waterm15

Developed by M2, published by ININ, and localized by ININ, Darius Cozmic Collection Console is a collection of console versions of several of the flagship shoot 'em up's from the famous TAITO series Darius. Does the game hold up as a true masterpiece like the Arcade Collection of Darius that we recently reviewed? No, but it's still a good collection nonetheless and here's why:

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) Waterm16

This collection features several versions of a few different Darius console titles which have all of the great shmup action you'd expect from the series, only a bit shorter and more simplified than the arcade counterparts. You still must fight hordes of ships modelled after marine life, avoid hazards, collect power-up's for your ship, etc. As per usual the console titles in the series feature branching level progression with dozens of level possibilities, although the courses are a bit shorter and there are fewer of them when compared to the arcade versions. There are a couple of games that are console exclusive that make this collection worthwhile, but the lack of options compared to the arcade collection and the missing UI elements do make this collection the less exciting of the two, which is a shame because it could have been so much better.

The difficulty is ironically harder than the arcade collection due to the lack of being able to add infinite continues in the games, despite the games themselves actually being easier. The controls are quite easy to learn, but hard to master with a bit of a frame delay. It's nothing substantial or even bad, but it takes a bit of getting used to. Overall the gameplay and controls are solid in this collection!

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) Waterm17

The visuals in this collection won't wow anyone, but are quite good with great backgrounds, detailed character and enemy models, and great special effects for games of their time! The soundtrack is absolutely incredible and will have you humming for hours afterwards. The music not only fits the games well, but is extremely memorable! Overall the audio-visual presentation of this collection is great!

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) Waterm18

Bottom-Line: With solid gameplay and controls, and good graphics Darius Cozmic Collection Console will draw fans of the genre in and the amazing and memorable soundtrack will keep them hooked and coming back for more! We give Darius Cozmic Collection Console for the PS4 a good to great level of recommendation to all arcade aficionados and fans of shmups in general!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★½☆ 8.5/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #M2 #PRHound #ININ #TAITO #PS4 #PSN #Switch #eShop #Shmup #Arcade #Console

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) 19654

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) 87457210

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Staroceancrazy, Kenshin A-Go-Go, Akatsuki, XenobladeYuki, Kain, Inoue79, ToughGamer and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Our review is now live! Enjoy. Wink

Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79, Neptune, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 25th 2020, 8:13 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile

Staroceancrazy and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

Staroceancrazy
June 25th 2020, 8:22 pmStaroceancrazy
@Towafan7 I fixed a typo in your review Exclamation

Awesome review otherwise Exclamation

RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Inoue79, Neptune, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Kain
Great review!

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

ToughGamer
Good review!

RyanNerdyGamer
June 27th 2020, 4:53 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Mmm... Whopper... 🤤

Although I prefer Tendercrisp if I must order anything from Hungry Jack's (our name for Burger King... and before you ask, no, we don't have Dairy Queen, but we DO have pretty much everything else and McDonald's, except our Wendy's is an unrelated ice-cream parlour franchise akin to Baskin-Robbins... dang it, now I feel like eating a scoop of No. 31, and it's 9:45pm, making such an endeavour improbable at best TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) 1625187496 )

What was the question again...? Oh yeah, Darius. 😓 My impressions can be summed up in a three-point list:

▪It's an underwater scrolling shooter compilation... IN SPACE! Shocked
▪Memorable, authentic experience, though needs more Jane Lane Bored/What the...?
▪Too much water, 7.8/10 Razz

Awesome review, Eye-Gee-E- I mean @Towafan7. Wink

XenobladeYuki, Inoue79, Neptune, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Last edited by GeekyGamerJack on June 29th 2020, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inoue79
Nice review!

Akatsuki
Your reviews are amazing as always!

Kenshin A-Go-Go
June 29th 2020, 3:19 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
GeekyGamerJack wrote:@Towafan7 Mmm... Whopper... 🤤

Although I prefer Tendercrisp if I must order anything from Hungry Jack's (our name for Burger King... and before you ask, no, we don't have Dairy Queen, but we DO have pretty much everything else and McDonald's, except our Wendy's is an unrelated ice-cream parlour franchise akin to Baskin-Robbins... dang it, now I feel like eating a scoop of No. 31, and it's 9:45pm, making such an endeavour improbable at best TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Console (PS4 Retail) 1625187496 )

What was the question again...? Oh yeah, Darius. 😓 My impressions can be summed up in a three-point list:

▪It's an underwater scrolling shooter compilation... IN SPACE! Shocked
▪Memorable, authentic experience, though needs more Jane Lane Bored/What the...?
▪Too much water, 7.8/10 Razz

Awesome review, Eye-Gee-E- I mean @Towafan7. Wink

Lol.

RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Neptune, Talesfanatic and RWBY_Red like this post

Kenshin A-Go-Go
June 29th 2020, 3:19 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
Great review @Towafan7!

Talesfanatic
Awesome review!

KeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback! You guys rock! king

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Eh, I'm more into experimental and/or non-genre-specific music, but I dig at least a few rock tunes. Razz

KeAfan7, XenobladeYuki, Neptune and RWBY_Red like this post

XenobladeYuki
July 13th 2020, 11:12 amXenobladeYuki
I like this series, but the price is ridiculous zo I'll wait for it to drop to a reasonable amount.

RyanNerdyGamer and Neptune like this post

RWBY_Red
Good review.
Neptune
I decided to pick this up. I also feel it's way too pricy, but I love the series so you knew I had to buy this despite the cost. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)