Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Battling The Aquatic Alien Menace!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) Waterm14

Developed by M2, published by ININ, and localized by ININ, Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade is a definitive collection of several of the flagship shoot 'em up's from the famous TAITO series Darius, but is it worth the price of admission? We think so and here's why:

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) Waterm11

The gameplay in this arcade collection is frantic high-octane borderline bullet-hell goodness that'll likely hook any fan of the shooter genre hook, line, and sinker! The included games are varied and there are several versions of each game aside from Gaiden that are from various regions or with updated gameplay. The gameplay is slightly different with each game, but the basic gist is you defeat hordes of enemies and avoid a myriad of obstacles and hazards and usually face a mid-boss sometime during each level and face a boss at the end. Defeating an entire wave of enemies usually results in a large sum of bonus points and sometimes leaves you a ship upgrade to boost your firepower, shield, speed, or grants you a powerful silver form with a massive boost in power!

Each game is divided into sectors and at the end of each level you can select one of two. This selection changes based on your previous decisions allowing for a playthrough typically around 6-8 of up to 26 possible courses depending on the game you're playing in the collection! The menu allows you to view online manuals of each game, change difficulty, starting lives, whether or not continues are available, and tons of HUD display options for the on-screen UI. Overall the game offers a considerable amount of customization for each game and is a much-appreciated aspect of the collection!

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) Waterm12

The difficulty of the games in this collection is tough-as-nails even on the easy difficulty setting, however the fact that you can add as many continues as you want going forward, it's pretty easy to beat the games, of course getting a competitively high score is another matter entirely. The controls are quite easy to pick up as expected from old-school arcade games, however the original Darius does have noticeably less responsive controls that take some time getting used to, but overall the collection is good in this regard.

As for the audio-visual presentation, the visuals aren't going to impress anyone in today's time, but the mechanical sea creatures that you fight in the games are quite unique and the aesthetics of the backgrounds are a step-above most games of that era. Darius Gaiden in particular looks absolutely amazing for an arcade game released in 1994. As for the audio side of things, the sound effects are of high quality and the soundtrack for each game is quite memorable and fits the games mood perfectly, overall the audio-visual presentation is nearly flawless in this collection.

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) Waterm13

Bottom-Line: With amazing gameplay, a flawless audio-visual presentation, and a myriad of options available for each game in this collection, any fan of the genre will take the bait and snatch up this collection and the controls work as they were meant to in the original arcade releases which will reel you potential buyers all the way in! We give Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade for the PS4 a great level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #PRHound #M2 #ININ #TAITO #PS4 #PSN #Switch #eShop #Retail #Arcade #Darius #Collection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Towafan7 on June 21st 2020, 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) 19654

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) 87457210

TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, Akatsuki, RyanNerdyGamer, XenobladeYuki, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom and like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Our review is now live here! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
June 21st 2020, 3:12 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Nice review as always, "Brine". Wink

On the topic of aquatic puns, I can just imagine the bad***, '80s-style one-liners spouting from the submersible pilot's mouth...

"Hey, Big, Green and Gnawly! Wanna hear a joke? What do you call a fish with no eyes? You." *PEW PEW PEW*

"Well now, I guess it's true what they say: where there's fish, there's ships. Namely, this ship." *PEW PEW PEW*

"Outta the frying pan... into the-" *PEW PEW PEW*

"Looks like these fish are foes, not friends." *PEW PEW PEW*

"Hey, Megalodolt. The producers need you back on the set of Jaws Twenty-Something. Now are ya gonna swim there willingly, or am I gonna have to-" *PEW PEW PEW*

"Someone better tell the Street Sharks that ol' Doc Piranoid's escaped. Again." *PEW PEW PEW*

"Well, lookie here. Another fish Pokémon that isn't Water-type. I guess that means you're not resistant to-" *PEW PEW PEW*

Okay, I better stop before this post is flooded with cheesy puns. Oops... too late. lol!

Fine... one more for good measure:

"Hahaha! Silly Big Mean Fishy! Krakens aren't allowed in Turf War anymore! Silly Big Mean Fishy!" *PEW PEW PEW*

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79, Talesfanatic and BurstDashV8 like this post

TikiFireEmblem
June 21st 2020, 5:19 pmTikiFireEmblem
Great review. Smile

KeAfan7 and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

Staroceancrazy
June 21st 2020, 9:44 pmStaroceancrazy
@Towafan7 Nice! I see you finally started watermarking your images and branding the head image of the review with "WiiWareWave Review!" Exclamation

KeAfan7, Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, Kain, Aqua Cherry Blossom and Inoue79 like this post

Kain
Nice review!

Amufungal and RyanNerdyGamer like this post

Amufungal
Nice review. Smile

RyanNerdyGamer likes this post

RyanNerdyGamer
June 22nd 2020, 2:16 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Staroceancrazy And he, like, added the ability to click "like" on comments even in mobile mode... that's, like, SO freshing awesome! Seriously, @Towafan7 is as ingenious as Sheldon, only without the two-hour-long speeches on "correct maintenance of ink dispersal unit" or whatever... Happy

KeAfan7, Staroceancrazy, XenobladeYuki, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79, Talesfanatic and BurstDashV8 like this post

KeAfan7
@GeekyGamerJack D'aww thanks! king

Staroceancrazy, RyanNerdyGamer, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79 and Talesfanatic like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
June 22nd 2020, 7:45 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Heh... see how I managed to sneak two WiiWareWave Original characters into both my comments thus far? And I don't just mean as references, but as those exact characters saying lines of dialogue completely in-character? Well... Inklinda's comment doesn't have quotation marks, but that's, like, only because she finds them non-aesthetically pleasing or whatever... Razz

Kinda makes me want to do parodies of other WWWO (hereafter known as "WOO!") content, as in "redubs" of Super-Shorts, etc. with WiiWareWave's own members as special guests, with their permission, of course. Wink

Bryn and the @SuperVash Stampede, anyone? victory

Amufungal, Staroceancrazy, XenobladeYuki, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79, Talesfanatic and BurstDashV8 like this post

Staroceancrazy
June 25th 2020, 8:31 pmStaroceancrazy
@GeekyGamerJack I don't know if it is a bug but if you edit your message all likes for that message are deleted Exclamation

RyanNerdyGamer, Aqua Cherry Blossom and Inoue79 like this post

ToughGamer
Good review @Towafan7.

RyanNerdyGamer
June 27th 2020, 4:39 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Staroceancrazy Hm... I'm not too sure about that one. @Towafan7 implemented that feature, so we'd need to check with him. Of course, I completely understand if and why it'd be intentional, as editing a post effectively makes it different than before, meaning whoever liked that post pre-edit might not favour the revisions as much.

I've noticed the same thing with courses I upload to Course World in SMM2. If I notice an error in one that requires fixing, I need to manually delete it from my online profile, then edit and reupload it, losing every like, comment and global record in the process. I recently had to pull two courses I'd uploaded mid-last year after Towa was soft-locked at the very start of SMMDXv1, which was necessary, if not slightly embarrassing. Razz

And now, we return to our regularly on-topic article... TAITO - Review: Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade (PS4 Retail) 631737971

KeAfan7, XenobladeYuki, Aqua Cherry Blossom, Inoue79 and Talesfanatic like this post

Inoue79
Nice review!

Akatsuki
Wonderful review @Towafan7.

Talesfanatic
Great review @Towafan7!

KeAfan7
As always, thanks for the comments! Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 You're very welcome for the comments. Happy

KeAfan7 and XenobladeYuki like this post

XenobladeYuki
July 13th 2020, 11:15 amXenobladeYuki
Awesome review!

RyanNerdyGamer
July 13th 2020, 2:43 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Staroceancrazy Ha! I get it! Watermarking... that's a good one! lol!

Although, if it took me three weeks to spot that pun... well, it's a good thing Sven's the lookout on the Hat rather than Zed, isn't it? Razz

"What?! I can't believe ya name-plonked my layabout, good-for-nothing brother Svenkey! I mean "Sven", without the "key", who is such a DONK that he'd LOSE his own DOORKEY! Why, yooooou little Sven..." Mad

So how was my impression of Broccolini Greatscott? Did I "do a goody"? Mad

~Your pal, Cranky I love you

KeAfan7 and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

KeAfan7
Thanks for the continued support! You guys rock! king

RyanNerdyGamer and Aqua Cherry Blossom like this post

RyanNerdyGamer
July 14th 2020, 2:46 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 Then it's a good thing you're not one of these things, isn't it? >>> Charizard

Aqua Cherry Blossom likes this post

Aqua Cherry Blossom
September 16th 2020, 3:53 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smug

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)