Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plunging Into The Depths

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) Aqua-l10

Developed and Published by WarpedCore Studio Aqua Lungers is a couch co-op platformer for up to 4 players that will provide both a sufficient challenge as well as good fun, but does that mean it's worth a download? We think so and here's why:

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) Aqua-l11

The gameplay is split up between solo and multiplayer modes and each with their own nuances and challenges. To start off let's talk about the general gameplay as you'll be fighting tons of enemies during the course of the game's many stages and collecting treasures to beat the "boss" of each stage. The normal enemies, especially during the first stage are an absolute joke with one or two stabs you can do away with them, but in later stages the difficulty ramps up to insanely challenging levels. The bosses also require intelligent strategies otherwise they will literally one-hit kill you. This was both a good thing and bad depending on your skill-level, however the bosses are never truly unfair because with enough practice you can breeze through the battles. There are a few types of power-up's as well which will help players out in a pinch!

The solo campaign is actually a fair bit more difficult than multiplayer assuming your friends aren't saboteurs, there are more enemies and the levels don't scale-down either so expect a serious challenge while playing alone, but fear not it is by no means impossible to beat the game solo, you'll just need a lot of practice to accomplish this feat!

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) Aqua-l12

In multiplayer you and up to  three friends can compete against each other to see who can get the most treasure each round. Multiplayer also adds the necessity to keep an eye out for your friends who may decide to go rogue and attack you to steel your treasure which can be quite the task. As for the rest of the aspects of the game, the controls are quite decent and are a breeze to learn. The audio-visual presentation is also quite enjoyable with vibrant colors, excellent music, and a decidedly retro world design!

Bottom -Line: With superb gameplay, an excellent audio-visual presentation, and decent controls that are easy to pick up, Aqua Lungers is a great game at its core and its multiplayer can be a blast to play! As such we give Aqua Lungers for the Nintendo Switch a good level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #WarpedCoreStudio #Switch #eShop #Party #Multiplayer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) 19654

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) 87457210

Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

ToughGamer likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
June 11th 2020, 7:13 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live! Wink
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 11th 2020, 7:32 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Kain
June 11th 2020, 8:08 pmKain
Great review @Towafan7!
Sakura chan
June 11th 2020, 10:36 pmSakura chan
This sounds much better than expected. Nice review @Towafan7. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
June 12th 2020, 2:50 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Okay, I was going to make some ridiculous off-topic references to the Aqua Lung brand of scuba gear, but now I can't unpair the phrase "briny deep" with the character of Bryn Smeldpittz from Crystals of Silveria. I must admit, this looks like fun, but any game that involves aquatic shenans has the potential to be enjoyed by this overgrown water sign (I'm a Scorpio, for those who don't know). Multiplayer - Review: Aqua Lunger's (Switch eShop) 631737971

And now I have a hilarious idea for a Super-Short. @Towafan7, you will receive credit for being the indirect inspiration for said plot. Wink

SIDENOTE: "Smeldpittz is NOT my clanname! Never trust a green-haired dweeb who claims he's a bard."

~Bryn I love you
KeAfan7
June 12th 2020, 7:00 pmKeAfan7
@BurstDashV8 and @KokorOtaku You have been summoned to weigh in your opinions! Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
June 13th 2020, 3:12 amRyanNerdyGamer
Achievement Unlocked!:
Zatchbell
June 17th 2020, 3:55 pmZatchbell
This looks rather interesting, but I doubt I'll download this anytime soon.
KeAfan7
June 17th 2020, 6:10 pmKeAfan7
As always we appreciate your feedback! Wink
SuperVash
June 17th 2020, 8:35 pmSuperVash
Excellent review @Towafan7! victory
RyanNerdyGamer
June 18th 2020, 4:31 amRyanNerdyGamer
@SuperVash
Achievement Unlocked!:
ZezHylia
June 19th 2020, 12:55 amZezHylia