Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Landmark SRPG Series Returns!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) Large_16

Developed by Chara-Ani Games and published by NIS America, Langrisser I & II are HD remakes of two iconic GENESIS/Megadrive SRPG's. Does this remake collection live up to the original releases? We think so, but you'll have to read the rest of our review to find out why!

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) Large_17

Pre-dating the Western localization of the Fire Emblem series by more than a decade, the Langrisser series was the defacto go-to for strategy RPG fans outside of Japan, at least until Final Fantasy Tactics was released and even still this series was superior to FF Tactics in depth and strategic gameplay in many ways. The story, while good shows its age with very simple storytelling, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since the light story elements allow you to quickly get into the heart of the game which is its strategic gameplay!

As with any good strategy game you've got grid-based combat, units that can be promoted, tons of different unit classes, and a surprisingly good skill system with attacks, support, and even passive skills and attacks. The games are pretty long, with Langrisser I clocking in at 25 hours in length and its sequel Langrisser II clocking in at over a whopping 40 hours in length. The controls are easy to learn and are quite a bit better than those in the GENESIS versions of the games.

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) Large_18

The game has a both modern and original audio and visual options which is a fantastic touch, while it's mostly fantastic some of the character sprites are pretty low quality and have a mobile freeware feel to them, but overall the visuals and soundtrack are top-notch!

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) Large_19

Bottom-Line: With a good story, excellent gameplay and controls, and a mostly top-notch audio-visual presentation, Langrisser I & II is a superb title for any aficionado of SRPG's and RPG's in-general and as such we give the collection a great level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★☆ 9/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #NISA #CharaAniGames #SRPG #Strategy #PS4 #Switch #PSN #eShop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) 19654

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) 87457210

eshop - Review: Langrisser I & II (PS4 Retail) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

ToughGamer likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
May 17th 2020, 6:30 pmKeAfan7
Our review is now live! Enjoy. Wink
Kain
@Towafan7 Nice review!
Talesfanatic
May 17th 2020, 7:39 pmTalesfanatic
This sounds incredible! Are these games as good as the GBA Fire Emblem games available on Wii U? Great review @Towafan7!
Amufungal
May 18th 2020, 7:24 pmAmufungal
What a nice review. Smile
Zatchbell
May 24th 2020, 10:34 pmZatchbell
Great review! @KokorOtaku This sounds like it'd be right up your alley, did you buy this on Switch?
ShanaNoShakugan
May 24th 2020, 10:45 pmShanaNoShakugan
@Towafan7 Such lovely review. Smile
Sakura chan
May 24th 2020, 10:48 pmSakura chan
What a nicely written review @Towafan7!
KeAfan7
May 26th 2020, 1:47 amKeAfan7
Thanks for the feedback as always! king
KeAfan7
May 26th 2020, 1:53 amKeAfan7
@TalesFanatic I would say it's better than the GBA Fire Emblem games, but probably not the DS/Wii dualogy or even more recent games in the series which are all near perfect gems in the genre.
RyanNerdyGamer
May 26th 2020, 4:06 pmRyanNerdyGamer
@Towafan7 I'm confused...was there an enhanced and/or localised remake/release of Mystery of the Emblem on Wii? If so, then how of all peeps did I miss that one?! Shocked

...unless you're talking about another direct sequel, such as Radiant Dawn. The only DS Fire Emblem games of which I'm aware are the enhanced remakes of Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Mystery of the Emblem, a Japan-only NES game and its Japan-only SNES sequel released half a decade later. From memory, I know that Mystery was remade for DS, but Nintendo decided not to release a localised translation due to the Nintendo 3DS' imminent release. Oh well, at least we got Shadow Dragon, right? Clefairy

It's the same reason as to why non-Japanese players missed out on the N64 original Doubutsu no Mori before eventually being able to play an enhanced GCN port under the title of Animal Crossing (or, as some people called it back then, "Welcome to Animal Crossing: Population... Growing!"). But I digress, as usual... Razz
RWBY_Red
May 26th 2020, 8:52 pmRWBY_Red
Good review.
Staroceancrazy
May 28th 2020, 11:27 amStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @Towafan7 Exclamation
Inoue79
May 29th 2020, 4:53 pmInoue79
Nice review @Towafan7!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 3rd 2020, 2:40 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol.
DigiDestined
June 4th 2020, 3:03 pmDigiDestined
Nice review. =)
Kenshin A-Go-Go
June 4th 2020, 3:12 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
I'm a fan of the series and while this is the definitive version of these two game, the updated graphics are a big turnoff for me. Excellent review nonetheless.
KeAfan7
June 12th 2020, 7:10 pmKeAfan7
@BurstDashV8 Did you ever play the Megadrive/Genesis originals? Were the originals even originally released in Aussieland? scratch
Neptune
June 12th 2020, 7:48 pmNeptune
Nice review! This might not be a Fire Emblem killer, but it's still a wonderful series. Smile
SuperVash
June 17th 2020, 8:27 pmSuperVash
@Towafan7 @BurstDashV8 I'm curious about that as well as a fan of both series myself. I myself prefer Fire Emblem over Langrisser if for nothing else than nostalgia's sake. victory
SuperVash
June 17th 2020, 8:29 pmSuperVash
@Towafan7 Darn you and your stealthy editing of your comment. Sad
RyanNerdyGamer
June 18th 2020, 4:59 amRyanNerdyGamer
@Kain @Amufungal @Inoue79 @Aqua Cherry Blossom @Neptune
Achievement Unlocked!:

@Talesfanatic @Zatchbell @ShanaNoShakugan @RWBY_Red @Staroceancrazy @Kenshin A-Go-Go
Achievement Unlocked!:

@SuperVash
Achievement Unlocked!:
ZezHylia
June 19th 2020, 12:56 amZezHylia
@Towafan7 Awesome review! Very Happy
TikiFireEmblem
June 21st 2020, 5:20 pmTikiFireEmblem
Great review!
ToughGamer
June 26th 2020, 3:07 amToughGamer
Good review.