Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bub And Bob Are Back With Friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) Screen10

Developed by Taito and published by PR Hound, Bubble Bobble: 4 Friends is a delightful throwback of the classic 80's arcade game, but does this new release live up to the original? We think so and here's why:

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) Screen11

Bubble Bobble 4 Friends has frantic and highly enjoyable gameplay for 1 to 4 players where you must encase enemies in bubbles and then pop them to defeat said enemies much like in the arcade game back during the 80's. Bonus rounds are back and just as fun as ever, and there are tons of new power-ups to help you defeat your enemies. All in all, the game is a blast that faithfully recreates the nostalgic feel of the original Bubble Bobble. That said as good as the game is, the game is SUPER short and clocks in at less than half the length of the original "game-time not the number of stages" which is the main reason why this game isn't receiving a perfect score.

The entire Bubble Bobble classic arcade game is included in this title which we highly recommend playing! The difficulty is pretty easy and the controls are intuitive and easy to learn which is always a good thing in our opinions. As for the audio-visual presentation, Bubble Bobble 4 Friends has colorful and detailed retro themed graphics that feel like a perfect blend between retro charm and modern flare and it really stands out. And the soundtrack is bubbly and cheerful which fits the game perfectly!

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) Screen12

Bottom-Line: With great gameplay, flawless controls, and an excellent audio-visual presentation, Bubble Bobble 4 Friends will have you hooked from the get-go, while the inclusion of the original 80's arcade game will keep you coming back for more! The only negative aspect of this game is that the new content is pretty short due to quicker movement and other adjustments and can be finished in a half an hour which does hurt the overall score of the game, but even so we give the game a good level of recommendation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: 8/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #Taito #PRHound #BubbleBobble #Arcade #Platformer #Action #Switch #Retail #eShop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) 19654

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) 87457210

Action - Review: Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (Switch eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Kain and SunDownSamurai like this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
Our review is now live! Enjoy. Wink
Talesfanatic
April 22nd 2020, 11:18 amTalesfanatic
Awesome review. I had Bubble Bobble Plus on WiiWare and all of its DLC and I had a blast playing it so I will download this soon.

SunDownSamurai likes this post

ToughGamer
April 24th 2020, 2:41 amToughGamer
Good review.
KeAfan7
@Talesfanatic @ToughGamer Thanks for commenting! Wink
SuperVash
April 28th 2020, 3:07 pmSuperVash
Excellent review! victory
XenobladeYuki
April 28th 2020, 3:27 pmXenobladeYuki
Great review!
KeAfan7
@SuperVash @XenobladeYuki Thanks for the feedback! Wink
DigiDestined
May 2nd 2020, 3:06 pmDigiDestined
Nice review @Towafan7. =)
Kenshin A-Go-Go
May 3rd 2020, 5:51 pmKenshin A-Go-Go
Great review as always!
Inoue79
I love Bubble Bobble! Nice review @Towafan7!

Aqua Cherry Blossom
June 3rd 2020, 2:38 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Neptune
I grew up with Bubby and Bobby and would spend hours putting quarters in the machine. I completely agree with your score @Towafan7. Smile

Kain
Great review! The new content is gonna rock!
SunDownSamurai
December 14th 2022, 7:59 pmSunDownSamurai
I'm going to have to get this one on the eShop if it ever goes on sale. I just got Mr. Driller Drill Land this month on sale for $8. I've never owned a Mr. Driller or a Bubble Bobble game before, and I always thought about buying both of the WiiWare games back in the day but never did. Something told to give Drill Land a chance, and so far I'm glad that I did. I want to buy a physical copy of Drill Land just for collection purposes, and I think a physical copy of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends would go perfectly on display next to Drill Land. The colorful and cheerful cover art for both games would compliment each other nicely.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)