Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amazing, But What Happened To Paper Mario?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) Wiiu_s24

Developed and published by Nintendo, Paper Mario: Color Splash is an amazing 3-D platformer?! with JRPG and adventure genre gameplay elements, but does it live up to its true roots as a standout JRPG series? Not quite, but the game is still superb in its own rights and here's why!

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) Large10

The story in Paper Mario Color Splash for the Wii U is pretty funny albeit relatively non-existent which is the first of several disappointing aspects of the game, but in spite of these flaws the game is still absolutely superb! The gameplay in Color Splash is fairly straightforward, restore color to the world with you paint hammer, defeat enemies with cards, explore the various courses, and save the day. The battles are a blast to play unlike those in Sticker Star, with much more depth and strategy involved.

The world itself is separated into individual levels and there are dozens of courses in the game. Despite not being heavily story-driven, the game is still well over 25 hours in length which is pretty sizable. The controls are also silky smooth and easy to learn which is always a good thing! The game is well-balanced for the most part so don't expect any radical difficulty spikes. And lastly the Gamepad features include some touchscreen controls as well as off-TV play which is always welcome in our opinions!

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) 900x_210

There's one more gameplay aspect we're dying to talk about and that is the boss battles which are an absolute blast to play and typically have some sort of gimmick associated with them. Usually gimmicks are not a positive when it comes to core gameplay elements, but the boss battles handle these very well in Color Splash! There is one thing that has left us scratching our heads though and that is the complete lack of unique characters and enemies in the game which has always been a staple of the franchise.

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) 900x_111

The audio-visual of in Paper Mario Color Splash is absolutely breathtaking with gorgeous character designs and unique and vibrant locations that look like they were taken straight from a gorgeous work of art or a vibrant picture book. The soundtrack is equally amazing with many iconic songs beautifully remixed in this game! Overall the audio-visual presentation is complete perfection!

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) 900x_310

Bottom-Line: With a simple yet funny story, excellent gameplay, intuitive controls, and an amazing audio-visual presentation, Paper Mario Color Splash for the Wii U is a superb game for the console that is only marred by the fact that it continues to be too different from its roots as a top-notch RPG series, but regardless we give the game a great level of recommendation to all Wii U owners!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★★¼ 9.25/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #Nintendo #3DPlatformer #RPG #Adventure #PaperMario #Mario

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) 19654

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) 87457210

rpg - Review: Paper Mario: Color Splash ( Wii U Retail ) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!

Amufungal likes this post

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Kain
Great review! It is a great game despite its flaws!
Aqua Cherry Blossom
January 13th 2020, 2:39 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Amufungal
January 13th 2020, 7:10 pmAmufungal
What a nice review @Towafan7! I love this game! Smile
Krazyredd
January 13th 2020, 10:30 pmKrazyredd
This review is Krazy good or my name's not Krazy Redd! lol!
Staroceancrazy
January 20th 2020, 11:25 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review @Towafan7 Exclamation
RyanNerdyGamer
January 21st 2020, 3:10 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Okay, you've managed to pique my interest in this title, @Towafan7, after my um-ing and ah-ing over getting it for months. Razz

And now, the obligatory random bit of dialogue disguised as a "comedy sketch":
Skit Takes: Roy G. Who?:

Amufungal likes this post

Elza
Nice review!
Anime_Gurl
January 31st 2020, 11:03 amAnime_Gurl
I loved this game! Nice review as always @Towafan7!
KeAfan7
Thanks for the comments as always!
Mouser
I prefer the old-school Paper Mario, but I digress. Excellent review @Towafan7!
Mario fan of the 80s
February 10th 2020, 10:50 pmMario fan of the 80s
I haven't play this game yet, but I should rectify that!
KIBAxHINATA
February 13th 2020, 1:16 pmKIBAxHINATA
Awesome review as always man!
KeAfan7
Thanks for commenting! You guys rock! king
Zatchbell
February 19th 2020, 7:53 pmZatchbell
Great review!
ToughGamer
February 20th 2020, 2:48 amToughGamer
Good review @Towafan7.
KeAfan7
Thanks for commenting you guys! king
Krazyredd
February 23rd 2020, 5:28 pmKrazyredd
Anytime krazy admin dude!
Talesfanatic
February 23rd 2020, 11:08 pmTalesfanatic
Awesome review rukks!
Sakura chan
February 24th 2020, 7:50 amSakura chan
What a lovely review. Smile
Himawari Chan
February 25th 2020, 2:09 pmHimawari Chan
I miss the old-school Paper Mario. Nice review though!
Inoue79
Nice review @Towafan7!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)