Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
armerocks
armerocks
Admin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Workout With Blades!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[image placeholder]

Developer: Chesstar Studios.
Publisher: Vive Studios.

All right let’s see how do I start? Well for one thing I had a blast with this game. The game is pretty simple as you've got your samurai theme game and what you do is basically stand on one spot and tiny little people (if you can call them that) are thrown at you and you have to cut them down with your sword before they hit you, you have 3 hearts which indicate your health, and your final score will be determined by the points you made and how many hearts you still had left as well as the amount of combo kills you do, now the game has many weapons. You have your basic sword, you got a shield, some boomerang, a lance that can shoot waves as you swing and other weapons and some armor ports to extend life or weaken hits on you, unfortunately I have only been able to test out 2 weapons out of the main sword and the shield cause in order to obtain them you have to buy them and to buy them you need to make money by getting good scores, which at the beginning I got horrible scores so by the time I finished all stages I only had enough money to buy 1 sword, there is an alternate way to get weapon but it’s up to chance the game has a gatcha system that you get 2 hammers a silver and a gold, the gold hammer has a chance for a weapon or armor pieces or mask while the silver has less of a chance.

You get them by also getting good scores or you can buy them with gold from the game as well. While you playing a stage you sometimes get power ups like a shield that protects you from one hit, a jar that returns a heart back to you,  a sword which basically makes your weapon reach farther and an arrow that shoots an enemy when it appears, there are also 4 other ability, you start with a blizzard that slows down time for a few seconds, then you get the arrow that is the same as the one I mentioned before but this one has 5 like totem thing that shoot arrows a couple of times, then you got the recovery one that recovers hp damage depending how many enemies you killed while its active, and the last one is thunder which as you can guess thunder or lightning shoots out of the sky and hits all enemies, now all except for the blizzards are limited to how many you can use, they will run out but you can get more from random drop after passing stage or by luck with the gatcha, the armor part are the same they are limited to how many times you can use them but these are only gotten by the gatcha.

[image placeholder]

Now the game its fun and its not to hard except for the bosses, each level has a boss and they have a lot of HP so you going to need to swing like a maniac to be able to get that health down fast before you probably die cause bosses sometimes attack from behind but that’s only the last 3 bosses of the game. And you have other enemies either being thrown at you or a shuriken been thrown at you which you deflect with you weapon whatever you may be using.

Also another way to get money is by doing achievements in the game but there are some achievements that don’t have a lot of info on them so I don’t get how to get them, but most likely you will unlock a lot of them on a normal playthrough.

I do have a slight complaint that when you do an achievement it is displayed beneath the hearts which you would have to look down to see but then you don’t see the enemies coming. I also feel like they should either lower sword buying requirement or give more money they give me so little and it’s hard to get a good score, least it was for me, not being physically fit might not have helped my cause either.

[image placeholder]

My final score for this game I give it a good to great level of recommendation.  Mostly due to the bosses having too much HP and it getting tiring swinging that much, and the money requirement being so high when they give so little, the abilities and armor being limited kind of sucks, but it’s not that bad, after all most of it depends on your skill. Now the motion controls for this game were flawless I did not have a problem with them whatsoever, I only had a little problem at beginning but that was my fault as I had not adjusted the camera.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Score: ★★★★★★★★½☆ 8.5/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Review #ChesstarStudios #ViveStudios #Arcade #PSVR #PSN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

ShanaNoShakugan
February 4th 2019, 1:18 amShanaNoShakugan
@armerocks Such interesting review. Smile
RWBY_Red
February 4th 2019, 12:15 pmRWBY_Red
Good review.
Supertimbros
February 5th 2019, 2:46 pmSupertimbros
Good review.
KeAfan7
February 5th 2019, 8:07 pmKeAfan7
@armerocks I'm in the midst of editing the article, sorry for taking so long. This will be finished tomorrow alongside @SalsumHawkeye 's newest review! My review of Asdivine Hearts II should go live on Friday. Wink
KeAfan7
February 6th 2019, 11:57 amKeAfan7
@armerocks WTF?! There's no press kit for this game and almost no screenshots of the game anywhere online...how am I supposed to add images of the game?! Perhaps if I had a PC with a digital video chip, but alas I have no way to add images. The only thing I can think of is taking screenshots of the two or three images available online on my PSTV's internet browser. Why did Sony have to remove our ability to post screenshots saved on our PS4's to websites via. the internet browser? PSN - Review: Kingdom of Blades (PSVR) 1625187496
Aqua Cherry Blossom
February 6th 2019, 5:17 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
Kain
February 8th 2019, 9:25 amKain
Nice review @armerocks.
Talesfanatic
February 8th 2019, 11:03 amTalesfanatic
This looks amazing! Great review @armerocks!
ToughGamer
February 25th 2019, 3:49 pmToughGamer
Good review @armerocks.
TheGingerDoctor
March 5th 2019, 3:07 pmTheGingerDoctor
@Towafan7 Seriously?! Ugh, at least you can still post screenshots on Wii U and Switch, which should make some of my reviews and features easier to do. Bored/What the...? #SrslySonyWTHeck
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)