Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
FuManchu
FuManchu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Final Nail In The Wii U's Coffin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SalesNumbers - Breaking News: Nintendo Switch Has Officially Surpased The Wii U's Lifetime Sales Numbers In Just 10 Months. Nintendo-switch-656x369-1-656x369

Japanese publication Famitsu has confirmed that as of December 31st the Nintendo Switch had overtaken the Wii U's lifetime sales in the Japanese market. By December 31st 2017, Nintendo had shifted over 3,470,000 units versus the Wii U's 3,300,000 units sold in the region during its lifetime.  Nintendo also managed to sell 115,255 units in Japan during the last week of 2017 versus the Wii U's paltry 69 units that were sold in the same timeframe. The Nintendo Switch's sales numbers are higher than even the Wii's during the same point in its life cycle.

What are your thoughts? Let us know by leaving a comment below.

Source: Nintendo Everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#Switch #WiiU #SalesNumbers #Hardware #Famitsu

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by FuManchu on January 6th 2018, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

SalesNumbers - Breaking News: Nintendo Switch Has Officially Surpased The Wii U's Lifetime Sales Numbers In Just 10 Months. Opb10
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Pennsage
The Wii U sucked I'm honestly not surprised.
KeAfan7
@Pennsage Wii U was amazing in my opinion, it's just that Nintendo didn't support the Wii U very well during its first year on the market and failed spectacularly at promoting the hardware. Most people I know irl still think that the Wii U is an add-on for the original Wii console...SalesNumbers - Breaking News: Nintendo Switch Has Officially Surpased The Wii U's Lifetime Sales Numbers In Just 10 Months. 1625187496
RyanNerdyGamer
@Reanfan Well my Dad thinks the original Wii is called the Wii 2 because it has two lowercase letter Is in its title. Razz
Kain
@Pennsage Don't go dissing the Wii U. Razz

@FuManchu How much better is the Switch doing compared to the Wii in the first ten months?
RyanNerdyGamer
@Kain Surprisingly well, actually. In some parts of the world it’s outselling what Wii sold within that same timeframe! Shocked
Otaku
ShounenMania
@GeekyGamerZack Nintendo expects to reach 55 million Switch sales by the end of this year! Super Saiyen
Clαππαd
KokorOtaku
That’s great! Now don’t leave us WiiU/ Switch owners in the dust by making us rebuy digital games, I want transfer options
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)