Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

Total Votes : 6          

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Whole New Website?

News - WiiWareWave Poll: Should We Change The Format of Our Website To Focus Solely On Exclusive Content? Header10

Most of you are likely noticing that I've been pretty much the only staff member writing news stories lately due to most of the other staff members leaving or becoming too busy to write articles with the except for our European reviewer @SKTTR. So the question is, should I shift focus to exclusive content or continue doing a combination of news articles and exclusive features?

The fact of the matter is that if I continue to focus on news articles, I'll constantly fall behind on reviews and it'll not only slow our exclusive content down to a trickle but will also hurt the developers who send us review codes by making us unable to publish the reviews right at or immediately after the launch of the games.

Note that this would only last as long as it takes us to find a dedicated news anchor for our website and also wouldn't affect any news stories that the game developers actually reveal to us specifically on Twitter or our contact form. Also a few key articles such as My Nintendo details and hardware reveals etc. would still be published, but most software related news that isn't brought to our attention by developers or via. news tips will likely go unpublished in this scenario.

Reviews on the other hand would likely increase to 4-5 a week just from myself along with 1-2 developer's interviews per week, and 3-4 other exclusive features a week.

Be sure to let us know in our poll above and be sure to also leave us a comment below! Just know that either way something has to give, until we find some news reporters.

#WiiWareWave #Poll #WheelOfFate #InYourHands #News #Exclusives #Features

News - WiiWareWave Poll: Should We Change The Format of Our Website To Focus Solely On Exclusive Content? 19654

News - WiiWareWave Poll: Should We Change The Format of Our Website To Focus Solely On Exclusive Content? 87457210

News - WiiWareWave Poll: Should We Change The Format of Our Website To Focus Solely On Exclusive Content? Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Gekkouga-Senpai
I'd like both, but right now focusing on exclusives might be in WiiWareWave's best interest. D:
Himawari Chan
I agree, better a master of one trade than a Jack of all trades when it comes to social media. If you can't be competitive you'll wither away as a community so exclusive content should be the focus. Smile
Clαππαd
This is a really good idea boss. Smile
Anonymous
Dunno, Rukia, but less is more, that also goes for cooking and what you're cooking here could be of better quality if you keep it small, tidy and full of flavors... So, up to you.
WilliamFrankLepleyIII
I've been trying to tell you for a longtime now @Ichigofan, exclusive content like the developer interviews you've been producing is what WiiWareWave needs to gather a dedicated fanbase and generate consistent website activity. News articles are being duplicated on too many websites for them to be of any real interest to your audience. I'm sure WiiWareWave's viewers visit more than one website for gaming news and reviews, which renders the news articles pointless. Your priorities should be producing reviews for the developers and the interests of your viewers, and news articles are basically just a bunch of unnecessary clutter.
Anonymous
WilliamFrankLepleyIII wrote:I've been trying to tell you for a longtime now @Ichigofan, exclusive content like the developer interviews you've been producing is what WiiWareWave needs to gather a dedicated fanbase and generate consistent website activity. News articles are being duplicated on too many websites for them to be of any real interest to your audience. I'm sure WiiWareWave's viewers visit more than one website for gaming news and reviews, which renders the news articles pointless. Your priorities should be producing reviews for the developers and the interests of your viewers, and news articles are basically just a bunch of unnecessary clutter.

True that. That's why I added them special comments to that last interview. Just being helpful (in my manner). Yk, I wished for a reviewer, interviewer and all on my ws before, but that's not the point of my ws so I let it go. WiiWareWave can stand out in so many ways, yk, and I felt I needed to re-register just to help out a bit on that and meet some old friends (gawd I miss Zack and his wits a lot). It just needs a little bit of this and a little bit of that spicing it all up not being dull and plain (and a bit of bug fixing on this site lol, like the latest topics stuff). It's like WiiWareWave's business card: the instant you see the site, the instant you know whether it's pro or not, regardless of reading topics & posts.

The editor is freaking up my brains as well and pls, add this to your JS on all the pages to quit confirming log-out, pls:

Code:
//if (localStorage.getItem("logout")) {//
//   localStorage.removeItem("logout");//
//   location.href = '/portal';//
//}//
jQuery(function() {
   if (!_userdata.session_logged_in) {
      return false;
   }
   var _ToolBar = setInterval(function() {
      if (document.getElementById('fa_welcome') !== null) {
         jQuery('a[href$="logout=1"]').attr('href', jQuery('#logout').attr('href'));

jQuery('a[href*="logout=1"]').click(function(event) {
            localStorage.setItem("logout", 1);
         });
      }
   }, 1000);
});
KeAfan7
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)