Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asteroids On Steroids!

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s36

Developed and published by Form Up Studios N.e.o. or Near Earth Objects as the game is known as is a love letter to the classic arcade shooter genre and is clearly heavily inspired by the Atari classic Asteroids!

The game does a good job at keeping players entertained with many modes, including an Endless Mode to rack up some incredibly high scores, a classic Arcade Mode with a set number of stages, three lives, and limitless continues and lastly Yolo Mode "You Only Live Once" which is an unforgiving mode where players are only given one life and zero continues to beat the Arcade Mode!

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) 630x33

There's not a huge selection of enemies, but the ones that are there are quite varied. The game also features spreadshot and barrier satellite power-ups which will prove to be very useful when the going gets tough!

The controls are fairly good, though it takes a while to get used to. The Off-TV-Play is also a nice feature that we're always glad to see in a game!

Visually the game looks incredible in a retro kind of way! Sure the graphics are minimalistic, however the special effects such as neon explosions, flashes, etc. look fantastic! The audio is quite a treat as well, with a fantastic sound-track and superbly retro sound effects you'll feel like you're in a 80's/90's arcade!

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) 630x34

Bottom-Line:

With fantastic gameplay, tons of game modes, and an amazing audio-visual presentation N.e.o. is one fantastic arcade shooter for the Wii U eShop that you shouldn't pass up, and though the controls aren't easy to master, it doesn't ruin the experience in the slightest! Overall we give N.e.o. "Near Earth Objects" a great level of recommendation!

Price: $2.99

Score: ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8.5/10

#WiiU #eShop #Arcade #Shooter #Retro

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) 19654

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Shooter - Review: N.e.o. (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anime_Gurl
January 20th 2016, 10:57 pmAnime_Gurl
An 8.5/10!? I'm shocked as I wrote this game off as cheap shovelware, but it seems to be a very good game! Nice review @Ichigofan. Smile
Rena Ryuugu Fanboy
January 20th 2016, 11:00 pmRena Ryuugu Fanboy
Great review @Ichigofan!
Neptune
January 22nd 2016, 2:07 pmNeptune
Nice review! I have to say that I am quite interested in this game after reading the review. Smile
SheldonTheGenius
January 22nd 2016, 2:54 pmSheldonTheGenius
Excellent review @Ichigofan.
Talesfanatic
January 22nd 2016, 3:05 pmTalesfanatic
Awesome review!
MetroidBlaster
January 23rd 2016, 1:29 amMetroidBlaster
Neptune wrote:Nice review! I have to say that I am quite interested in this game after reading the review. Smile
Ditto!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)