Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
A Solid Cooking Adventure!

Review: Adventure Bar Story (3DS eShop) Medium

Developed by Rideon Japan and published by Circle Entertainment, Adventure Bar Story is a somewhat simple, yet enjoyable RPG that has a decidedly retro feel! But is it a true gem or just a time-waster? Keep reading to find out!

The gameplay is simple, but at the same time it's fairly unique. You take the role of Siela a young girl who's late-parents bar is being driven out of business by a popular restaurant owner who wants your bar's premium location in the kingdom! You must fight monsters and take on dungeons to gain materials to cook with and then cook them and serve the dishes to your customers!

Every month a cooking contest is held and if your bar does good enough in the contest you can increase the rank of your bar and serve more menu items, and unlock new dungeons to explore! Overall the game's story and gameplay are fresh enough to keep you entertained and some of the lines of dialogue are quite humorous.

The controls are intuitive and easy to learn and the game's level of difficulty can be quite challenging especially the further you progress in the game.

The game looks like a SNES or Genesis RPG and doesn't have a very unique art-style, but it gets the job done, the music on the other-hand is quite good so overall the audio-visual presentation is solid, but it won't knock your socks off by any means.

Bottom-Line:

With solid gameplay and a freshly unique story, smooth controls, and an above average soundtrack Adventure Bar Story is a solid game that most fans of the roleplaying genre should enjoy. The visuals are a bit of a letdown, however, but we still give this game a solid recommendation!

Price: £3.99/$5.99

Score: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

Review: Adventure Bar Story (3DS eShop) 19654

Review: Adventure Bar Story (3DS eShop) 87457210

Review: Adventure Bar Story (3DS eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
October 5th 2015, 2:34 pmGuest
Beautiful review! I love you
Staroceancrazy
October 5th 2015, 2:49 pmStaroceancrazy
This sounds better than I was expecting tbh.
Awesome review! Very Happy
Ragnarok
October 5th 2015, 8:41 pmRagnarok
Excellent review man! This might be worth looking into once I clear some of the games in my backlog.
Talesfanatic
November 14th 2015, 10:50 amTalesfanatic
Nice review! I recently played this game and it was really good. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)