Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Big Potential, Tiny Galaxy...

Review: Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s21

Tiny Galaxy is Arcane Pixel's first Wii U title which the owner Taylor Hajash has boldly compared to Super Meat Boy, and he is right in a sense, the game's many traps and hazards along with a sadistic difficulty level in later stages definitely gives a similar feel to Super Meat Boy, however the game's anti-gravity adds alot of uniqueness to the formula! The rules of the game are simple, you find three golden stars which opens a portal, then reach the portal to beat the stage!

This might sound good in theory, and in fact it is enjoyable in the first two worlds, but that's where things start to go downhill... The heart of the problem is the flawed controls. The standard controls while easy to learn have a severe flaw in which the controls get inverted if you move while jumping between worlds. This can cause a mind boggling amount of undue stress when trying to progress through the game that you might feel like giving up at times.

The game does also have fairly lengthy loading times to reach the title screen as well which can be slightly annoying at times. The Off-TV-Play on the other hand works well in this title.

The graphics are vibrant and colorful and the stages are cleverly designed, while the music isn't memorable, it's still pretty good!

Review: Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s22

Bottom-Line:

The game had incredible promise, and the first two worlds were highly enjoyable, however several flaws make the game's fiendish later worlds incredibly difficult and frustrating. The Off-TV-Play works perfectly though, and the audio-visual presentation is quite solid overall! Though this game does have some serious flaws we still think that it's worth checking out.

Price: $5.99

Score: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆ 6/10

Last edited by Rukiafan on July 18th 2015, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: Tiny Galaxy (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

KeAfan7
July 18th 2015, 7:52 pmKeAfan7
This review is now live! Wink
Robj76
July 19th 2015, 11:06 amRobj76
I might get this, but it's definitely not at the top of my list.
Love4Gaming
July 20th 2015, 12:17 amLove4Gaming
Nice review. Smile
Ragnarok
July 20th 2015, 12:29 amRagnarok
I downloaded this and it was okay, but should have been a little less expensive. I do appreciate the effort that the developer put into the game though! :3
FM_Alchemist
July 27th 2015, 12:32 pmFM_Alchemist
Meh, good review though!
Mario fan of the 80s
July 27th 2015, 8:15 pmMario fan of the 80s
Good review! I might get this during the next software drought.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)