Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Kirby's third adventure remastered

Review: Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland (Wii U VC) Medium

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of the Famicom title Hoshi No Kirby, better known as Kirby's Adventure to westerners. Before Kirby's Adventure the title character Kirby had not been given the ability to copy enemies so at the era it was a gamechanging addition to the series. Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland adds vastly improved graphics, new minigames, and a few altered levels, but the game is mostly unchanged otherwise.

Kirby has always been a family friendly series and because of this games in the series are usually very forgiving for novice players. The levels in the game are simple and linear, perhaps too linear by modern standards, but they are still so much fun to play! The copy ability is surprisingly robust considering the age of the game and the levels are designed to take advantage of the abilities that you copy from level sub-bosses allowing you to utilise secret switches or obtain hidden 1-up's!

Boss battles are as fun as ever and there's a lot of variety to be had in this game. Strategy and which copy ability that you choose to use can mean the difference between besting the boss or losing a life. The Stagg Beetle boss for instance can throw Kirby and inflict damage on contact so abilities that force Kirby to come in contact with this particular boss is a bad idea.

Review: Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland (Wii U VC) Medium

Without spoiling the game it is worth mentioning that the last boss is very difficult to beat, and is possibly the most challenging boss in the entire series. The minigames in Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland are exclusive to this version of the game, these bite-sized bundles of fun are merely a distraction to the main gameplay, but are worth playing if you have the chance to do so!

Sadly, the Wii U version of this game is missing the multiplayer component just like most of the GBA games on the Wii U Virtual Console are. The music and graphics have made the transition to virtual console in pleasantly near original quality meaning that the game looks and sounds great!

Conclusion

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland is a delightful game that has aged well. The music and graphics are fantastic as well. The only downside is the lack of multiplayer, but if you can overlook this flaw you'll find Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland a fun and rewarding experience.

★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10

Review: Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland (Wii U VC) Pbucket

Review: Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland (Wii U VC) Pbucket
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Akatsuki
Sorry if my english isn't good as it's not my primary language. Smile
Please tell me if you like my review.
KeAfan7
Akatsuki wrote:Sorry if my english isn't good as it's not my primary language. Smile
Please tell me if you like my review.
your english is nearly flawless, awesome review btw. Wink
Anonymous
Beautiful review @Akatsuki! I love you
Kain
Man, I hope Nintendo will add link cable features at some point because the lack of multiplayer sucks. Sad
Bazooka
February 15th 2015, 11:21 amBazooka
@Akatsuki you english is so good! Can not tell that it not your native language!
Haseo
Kain wrote:Man, I hope Nintendo will add link cable features at some point because the lack of multiplayer sucks. Sad
This game suffers more than most since the original didn't have multiplayer and that was the best feature of this game. Since both games are available on the Wii U eshop it makes the upgrade not worth it unless you haven't already downloaded Kirby's Adventure.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)