Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer

DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia

+4
KeAfan7
Kain
BurstDashV8
RyanNerdyGamer
8 posters
Go down
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!
This member has earned a staggering number of WiiWareWave Coins!

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia Empty DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia

December 10th 2014, 4:42 am
Welcome, one and all, to DungeonWave, WiiWareWave's very own fantasy roleplaying club. I'll get to explaining the details soon, but first, a basic rundown of the technical information:

-The players will each be able to obtain a copy of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Basic Rules PDF, which will have the essential options and rules for creating characters and playing the game.

-Each player will be able to create their own character using the PDF, as well as guidance from the Dungeon Master, or DM.

-The DM will serve as arbiter of the rules and creator and manager of the setting and adventures; this includes the DM's role of playing all the non-player characters, or NPCs.

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, let's proceed to all the fun stuff. The world of DungeonWave is a land of fantasy and adventure, in which the player characters, or PCs, are allies who adventure across the land, seeking prestige, defeating monsters and protecting and saving innocent people. The players will be able to choose from several fantasy races such as dwarves, elves, halflings and humans, plus a number of classes including clerics, fighters, rogues and wizards. I, the DM, may even be able to provide certain extra character options as well!

There is enough room for around 3-7 players (at least three, and ideally five, but up to seven would be allowed), as well as the DM. The DM has the huge responsibility of ensuring a fun, enjoyable experience for all the players. This means that the DM should be fair: he will not target or bully individual players, he will not tolerate the players targeting or bullying each other, and above all he will sometimes cause events to swing in-favour of the players if things look bleak for them. I strive to make the players' experience as fun as possible, which means my approach to DMing is rather lighthearted: I often include doses of humour in each adventure to lighten the mood and provide comic relief, and I only throw in challenges I'm sure the players will be able to handle with some perseverance, determination and maybe a little luck.

The good news is that the current edition of D&D is not as complex and rules-heavy as previous systems, so it's even easier for beginners to get into the game. The even better news is that the basic rules are free for anybody to use, and provide a full suite of options for characters up to Lv. 20. So far I'm impressed with the new rules system, and I look forward to crafting a fun adventure for you all to play and enjoy. Speaking of which, here are the players and DM who will be taking on this quest:

Players
Amufungal as
BurstDashV8 as
DigiDestined as
Kain as
ReverseInverse as
Rukiafan as
ToughGamer as

Dungeon Master
GamerZack87: I have experience as a DM, and I've created an amazing area in which the adventure will take place. I don't want to spoil too much before we begin, but...the players could be facing something truly "monstrous" right from the get-go. What is it? Spoilers! Wink

The adventure could take place in the WiiWareWave chatbox (I'd have to ask webmaster Rukiafan if it's okay for us to have a special channel just for DungeonWave), and sessions would occur on a regular basis. A January start is most likely so that the players and DM have a chance to enjoy the holiday season. Links to the Player's Basic Rules and a dice roller are provided below:

Player's D&D Basic Rules v2

D&D Dice Roller

D&D Fifth Edition Character Sheets

Well, I look forward to the first ever DungeonWave campaign. Happy Adventuring! Smile

--GamerZack87, your friendly neighbourhood DM--

#DungeonWave

Last edited by GamerZack87 on January 23rd 2015, 1:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Ultra Coinage!

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia Empty Re: DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia

December 10th 2014, 4:49 pm
Okay, here is a brief description about some of the possible settings in which we could play. Each player will be allowed to vote for the settings they would like to play using a points system, which will be explained later. Okay, here are your options!

Mekharatus is a world in a new industrial age, which has resulted in a revolution in the way the world is run. The top-ranking individuals are those in industry, manufacturing everything from vehicles to clothing, and even basic magic items. The dwarves lead the industrial revolution, with these hard-working folk making repeated breakthroughs in technology that members of other races can only hope to match.
Main theme: Fantasy
Sub-themes: Industry; steampunk; dwarves
Aura: Brown/Metallic Orange

On Nulmahou, magic has only existed amongst the populace for mere centuries. The individuals of the world express themselves artistically, which has resulted in a culture in which creativity is the driving force. Long ago, the people of the world abused magic, which very nearly led to a downward spiral which would grind civilisation to a halt. In order to restore balance, the elves stripped the world of magic, locking it away until the time was right. Now, the elves have reintroduced magic to the populace, which has boosted society in a positive way.
Sub-themes: Art; creativity; elves
Aura: Teal/Metallic Aqua

Panarcha is a realm with a rich history filled with multiple ancient cultures lost to the sands of time. Dragons, one of the oldest and most - or least - known of the world's cultures, are believed to be extinct, and relics and ruins of their civilisation can be found buried underground, leaving a legacy which has spawned many an archaeological explorer. Halflings in particular show an interest in this ancient legacy, with many becoming explorers in the hope of uncovering a new and amazing find to share with the world.
Sub-themes: Archaeology; history; halflings
Aura: Lavender/Metallic Purple

Which of these worlds is your favourite? 3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia 631737971

#DungeonWave
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia Empty Re: DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia

December 11th 2014, 9:03 pm
Okay players, here is your chance to have a say in which setting we'll play our campaign! Each player will have 5 points they can distribute amongst the three settings in one of three ways:

1: Three points on one setting, and one point on each of the other two - If you have one favourite but like the others equally

2: Three points on one setting, and two points on another one - If you have a first, second and third favourite

3: Two points on each of two settings, and one point on the third - If you like two settings equally more than the other

After the points have been tallied, the setting with the most points will be the one we play; if two settings are tied with the most points, then I will decide which one of the two we play. Once the setting is decided, I can begin planning the starting adventure and write the campaign guide, complete with details about the world and extra options for the players. Smile

#DungeonWave
BurstDashV8
BurstDashV8

December 12th 2014, 4:58 am
Konbanwa, minna san ("Good Evening, everyone" in Japanese).

Of being a great friend of GamerZack87 and a good D&D gaming partner for good while, I like to post in my vote for the great D&D Setting we will be playing in next month (also to give great respect and admiration for the great imagination that GamerZack87 has put into them).

So the points I like to distribute to are:

3 points to Nulmahou.
1 point to Mekharatus.
And finally the last one for Panarcha.

As you can see, I have distribute the most point towards Nulmahou, as I have a great love towards anything that has Magic and Elves, as I have happy memories of them from my early childhood when I first saw them.

The setting reminds me the best parts of both Nintendo's Legend of Zelda and SEGA's Shining Forces games, of which they are the one that got me into Jrpgs at a young age.

Well, see you all around for January game of D&D, and wishing GamerZack87 in creating a great gaming experience for everyone, as I know he is very good at. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 14th 2014, 3:23 pm
Well, that's one vote in! The other players should try and get their votes in soon so that I can begin working on an introductory adventure. DMing is quite a bit of work, after all! Wink

Also, just a reminder that there's room for another player if anybody's interested. You're welcome to join now, but remember that it will be difficult to introduce new players once the campaign has already begun.

For those who are following this thread, search the hashtag #DungeonWave to stay up-to-date on every post relating to the campaign. Cool

I guess now's a good time to discuss character options. The available classes are cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard, each with its own unique abilities and strengths. It's recommended that all four of these classes be used by players in the campaign; if we have a fifth player, they should play a second fighter.

As for races, well...there are at least eight races in EVERY world, offering enough diversity for the players to build their character: hill dwarf, mountain dwarf, high elf, wood elf, lightfoot halfling, stout halfling and two varieties of humans (hom and syl). Each world has extra racial choices as well, allowing for plenty of variety when building your character. If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Smile
Kain
Kain
Super Coinage!
This helpful member has earned 25,000 WiiWareWave Coins!

December 15th 2014, 1:40 pm
I'll join you guys! This sounds fun.

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 15th 2014, 3:43 pm
Awesome! We have our five players then. Smile

@Kain @Rukiafan @Amufungal Don't forget to vote for your preferred #DungeonWave setting(s). Details are in posts #2 and #3. Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 18th 2014, 4:41 am
Rather than go with one of the three concept worlds I created, I've decided to set #DungeonWave in one of my 5th Edition settings, which will be revealed bit-by-bit as we go. The name of the setting will be revealed later, but for now, here is a bit of information about the starting area.

The players begin their journey in the town of Ethel, located in the region of Quartshire. Ethel is a quaint township, nestled at a crossroads between the city of Teru and the vast metropolis of Core City. Not much happens in Ethel, with most activity being the occasional travellers or merchants who pass through during their journeys. However, there is the usual assortment of annual holidays to enjoy, and there are plenty of chances to do something even in the lull between events.

The primary inhabitants of the town are humans, though there are some members of other races such as dwarves, elves, halflings and even gnomes; there is also the occasional example of a more exotic culture here and there. Few adventurers are borne of Ethel, with those that are typically taking on such roles as priest, warrior, evoker and even the odd thief.

Not too much excitement occurs in Ethel - barring the usual festivals, of course - but the heroes of the game will soon face...oops, spoilers! Wink

I hope you are looking forward to setting foot into the medieval fantasy realm of Quartshire, players!

Last edited by GamerZack87 on December 23rd 2014, 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!

December 18th 2014, 11:18 am
That sounds like a wonderful setting. Wink

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia 19654

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia 87457210

3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 18th 2014, 2:54 pm
@Rukiafan I try to make a vibrant world for the players to explore every time I DM. I certainly hope that you and the other players have a fantastic time. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 19th 2014, 2:43 am
Okay players, here is the link to the Player's Basic Rules (a link is also in the very first post):

The Player's Basic Rules are here!

There's no need for players to download the Dungeon Master's Basic Rules, though! Wink
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 19th 2014, 6:01 pm
And here is a handy dice roller for those without their own set of polyhedrals:

Here is a set of dice to use!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 20th 2014, 3:09 am
Okay players, here's something for you to do to determine your racial choices, such as human, wood elf or stout halfling. Open the Dice Roller and roll the following:

One d8, then one d4

Another d8, then another d4

Post your results on this thread, specifying the dice you used to get each number. You should then have two sets of results, each of which will determine a different race and/or subrace. If you're lucky, you'll roll a Wild number, making your racial choice even more special! Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 20th 2014, 9:37 pm
And now for some more detailed information about Quartshire. Enjoy! Smile

The land of Quartshire is diverse, and despite having "shire" in its name, it is a truly sizeable country, hosting a wide variety of city-states, territories and settlements. It runs the gamut of environments, from mountains, forest and grassland to glaciers and desert, among others. The populace consists mostly of humans, with dwarves, elves, gnomes and halflings appearing less frequently, and members of more exotic races being exceedingly rare here. The land is divided into multiple areas, which are detailed below:

Corehart
This area is located at the centre of Quartshire, and is seen by some as one of the most influential regions in the land. The great metropolis of Core City is located here, and is surrounded by four smaller townships: Ethel to the east, Metax to the west, Lumie to the north and Umbel to the south. The various parts of the land each possess a strong sense of being locked in a mild form of one of the four seasons for most of the year; the lands surrounding Ethel, for example, always seem to be in a perpetual spring.

Teruhart
Located in the east, Teruhart is covered by three main kinds of terrain: meadows, desert and rainforest. The central city-state of Teru is connected by road to Ethel in the west, Suna in the north and Mori in the south.

Ignihart
Located in the north, Ignihart is dominated by three main kinds of terrain: lavafloes, scrubland and rockies. The central city-state of Igni is connected by road to Lumie in the south, Volt in the west and Tect in the east.

Aurahart
Located in the west, Aurahart is home to three main kinds of terrain: mountains, forest and canyons. The central city-state of Aura is connected by road to Metax in the east, Mist in the south and Echo in the north.

Aquohart
Located in the south, Aquohart features three main kinds of terrain: tundra, coastline and glaciers. The central city-state of Aquo is connected by road to Umbel in the north, Thal in the east and Neve in the west.

In addition, the lands of dwarves, elves, halflings and gnomes can be found in parts of Quartshire, though many have settled in human-dominated lands as well.
BurstDashV8
BurstDashV8

December 22nd 2014, 5:15 am
Hi again GamerZack87.

Me again with the dice roll results that will decide the sort of character I will be playing in the adventure.

The scores I got are:

(First roll)         d8 - a '8', d4 - a '2'

(Second roll)    d8 - a '4', d4 - a '1'

I am quite sure that these are of a great results in terms of the options I can make my character from, that this will sure be a great assist for our exciting game we will be playing.

Wishing for the best to come. BurstDashV8
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 23rd 2014, 3:31 pm
Thank you, BD. Other players, don't forget to do your dice rolls as well! Wink

Now, let's talk classes. The Player's Basic Rules PDF contains four different classes, each with its own strengths and special features:

Clerics are the typical "healer" class, being able to utilise celestial magic and cast spells such as cure wounds to restore other characters; at higher levels they can even bring back allies who have fallen in battle. They are also combat-ready, able to wear sturdy armour and wield a mighty weapon to fend off dangerous foes. At 3rd-level, a cleric assumes the Life domain, becoming a priest. Priests have more options of celestial magic than ordinary clerics, making them a far more powerful hero or heroine.

Fighters are the primary "tank" class, the perfect allies to have at your side in combat against all manner of dangerous threats. Many people envision fighters as powerful swordswomen or swordsmen, wielding a sharp blade and donning heavy armour, and mowing down legions of orcs, gnolls or kaiju. However, there are many varieties of the class simply known as "fighter". While many do wear sturdy metal armour and wield a sword, axe or other mighty bladed weapon, others may instead wear flexible armour of hide or boiled leather and take aim with a bow or crossbow. There are as many varieties of fighter as there are combinations of armour and weapon, and no two fighters are exactly alike; as such, it is not uncommon for adventuring parties to have two or even three fighters in their midst, with one standing in front as the main attacker, one picking off enemies from afar with their greatbow, and a third protecting the powerful-yet-fragile spellcaster. At 3rd-level, a fighter undergoes intensive training and becomes a warrior, a powerful champion with much greater mastery of the weapon they wield, and greater tactics for dealing with any combat situation.

Rogues are a sneaky class, morally and ethically ambiguous, yet usually doing the right thing for the right reasons. They are shifty, able to evade capture or even sight, and they can strike foes before they even know they're there; usually this involves the rogue yelling out "SNEAK ATTACK!" as they make their move. Rogues have many other tricks, with there being no better class at disarming hidden traps or finding secret doors leading to hoards of hidden treasures...or even more combat opportunities! Rogues can be slow to trust - and others may also be slow to trust a rogue - but if a rogue and their allies trust each other, you will not find a more loyal and worthy companion...until the rogue spots a shiny trinket or faces a foe too big for them to face! At 3rd-level, a rogue receives secret training to become a thief, with a noticeable improvement in their sneaking, striking and secret-finding techniques, though the thief's allies won't quite know how it happened.

Wizards are the quintessential "caster" class, having great mastery over the art of spellcraft. For most wizards, learning magic takes decades of study, with most needing to become apprentices to a fully-realised master at a young age. For others, magic seems to come naturally, with such young mages becoming fully-realised novice wizards in a matter of years rather than decades. Regardless of how the wizard masters the basics, their greatest tool is their spellbook, which contains every spell that the wizard learns throughout their career; their book is a reflection of their personality, with the cover decorated and customised however the wizard chooses, and the pages containing the assortment of spells they have learned throughout the years. There are seven schools of magic, each with its own unique traits, and wizards often dabble in each of them to ensure a variety of spells. Wizards are often fragile, with many focusing so much on academic studies that they have little time to focus on honing their physical strength; as such, it is rare for a wizard to be seen travelling without at least a cleric and a fighter as companions and allies, to bolster and defend them as they cast their powerful spells. At 3rd-level, an adventuring wizard masters the school of evocation, becoming an evoker, a master of combat magic such as fireball.

In terms of class ratios, there should be at least one each of cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard in the party; if there's a double-up on classes, then the fifth player should be a fighter. I may also provide options from the full Player's Handbook, including:

Druid (a cleric-like individual who harnesses the power of nature and weaves it into an ancient form of magic)

Monk (a master of martial arts who focuses on unarmed combat through discipline and personal achievement)

Paladin (a warrior of great virtue who serves as a champion of a Celestial Being or a noble cause)

Ranger (a defender of the wilderness who dabbles in nature magic and specialises in bringing down one kind of threat)

I hope you are all looking forward to #DungeonWave, players! Smile

Last edited by GamerZack87 on December 24th 2014, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ToughGamer
ToughGamer

December 24th 2014, 10:13 am
As long as you allow me to play as some sort of warrior class human I'm game.

Memorable Yu-Yu-Hakusho Quotes #2

Yusuke Urameshi: [to the Captain] If you even think about stopping me, I'll bite off your head mustache and all!
SDF Captain: I knew you couldn't hide your true character, you've transformed into a demon menace!
Yusuke Urameshi: Look jerk, give me a break, it's called a running joke!
DigiDestined
DigiDestined
Super Coinage!

December 24th 2014, 10:15 am
I'll join as well. Smile

Dark Link: No I hate you too $#!%&$!
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 24th 2014, 8:47 pm
Okay then, with ToughGamer and DigiDestined on-board, we finally have our seven playe-
... ... Okay then, with ToughGamer and DigiDestined on-board, we have a grand total of eight players in the campaign! I'm not sure how this is going to work, especially since the player count should be limited to seven, but I think I can work out an interesting idea for...oh, of course! I have begun to sow the seeds of the quest before the players, and it will involve a trek across all of Quartshire...and beyond.

Okay, I really need to put a cap on the number of players now. Congratulations to all the players in the campaign, and stay tuned for future announcements! Smile

#DungeonWave

KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

December 24th 2014, 9:50 pm
I can't wait to start questing with you guys. Wink

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 24th 2014, 11:47 pm
Okay, players, now's the time to decide on your classes. There are four classes in the Basic Rules - cleric, fighter, rogue and wizard - and below are the class options I would recommend to each of you based on certain factors:

Amufungal
Spoiler:

BurstDashV8
Spoiler:

DigiDestined
Spoiler:

Kain
Spoiler:

ReverseInverse
Spoiler:

Rukiafan
Spoiler:

Ryuragnas
Spoiler:

ToughGamer
Spoiler:

Don't take my recommendations to heart, though. If I recommended a class to you, and you'd prefer a different one for your character, that's fine. All four classes are available to every player, so pick the one which suits you and your character best. Also, feel free to discuss your choices with the other players prior to creating your characters as well, just so we don't end up with the unlikely scenario of, say, five wizards, two rogues, a fighter and no healer. Smile

As a special treat, I gave each of you a secret extra fifth class option (except one of you, who gets an extra racial option instead because the class I want to allow you isn't officially in 5th Edition yet). You'll find your extra, hand-chosen choice hidden in your respective recommendation section. Good luck finding it! 3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia 631737971
ryuragnas
ryuragnas

December 26th 2014, 6:05 am
Dice rolls:

1d8/1d4: 2,1
1d8/1d4:1,3

RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 26th 2014, 6:18 am
Thanks, Ryuragnas. Now I just need to wait for the other players to do their rolls as well so everybody can make their characters.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 26th 2014, 4:50 pm
@Rukiafan Is there any chance we could use the chatbox for the #DungeonWave sessions? Maybe there could be a separate channel which needs a password or code to enter. Smile
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

December 28th 2014, 3:48 pm
The dice aren't working Sad

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 28th 2014, 4:07 pm
Amufungal wrote:The dice aren't working Sad
All you need to do is press the "Roll" button next to the dice, and it automatically generates a number. Smile

Unless you mean the page won't load. Which browser/device are you using?
Amufungal
Amufungal
Admin
Super Coinage!

December 28th 2014, 5:14 pm
The Wii U browser

Fighting evil by moonlight.
Winning love by daylight.
Never running from a real fight.
she is the one named sailor moon!

From the Sailor Moon opening song.
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 28th 2014, 11:00 pm
Amufungal wrote:The Wii U browser
That's strange...it's working just fine on my Wii U Browser. scratch
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

December 30th 2014, 9:07 pm
Okay players, I've decided to drop the restriction on race, so you won't need to roll dice to determine your choices! Here is every option available to all players:

DWARF
Dwarves are a hardy folk who dwell in the rugged places of the world. They stand a little bit shorter than a human, but are more broadly built. They also enjoy a good drink with friends and companions, though their natural resistance to poisons means that it is near impossible for a dwarf to get drunk on non-dwarven beverages. Dwarves have a natural mistrust of magic; as such dwarven wizards are few and far between, and it is also practically unknown for a dwarf to manifest sorcerer powers. This setting offers two choices of dwarf subrace:

Hill Dwarf - Dwelling in steppes and highlands, hill dwarves are a steadfast folk who display good manners and above-average hygiene standards for their race. Many hill dwarves are pious towards their patron Celestial Being, Alistair, and as such most hill dwarf adventurers take on the mantle of cleric.

Mountain Dwarf - Mountain dwarves are much more rugged than their highland-dwelling cousins, surviving in the harsh mountains and ridges they call home. Unlike their brethren, mountain dwarves are not well-learned in the fields of social etiquette or hygiene, though they possess a certain charm all their own. Mountain dwarves are practically immune to poison, and there are no finer brewers amongst their race. They typically choose fighter as their class.

ELF
Graceful and long-lived, elves dwell in the verdant and wild places of the world. They are free-spirited, and dislike being restricted in their endeavours. They have high moral and ethical standards, often disdaining the practices performed by rogues, and as such it is rare to see an elven rogue. Elves have two main subraces in this setting:

High Elf - High elves have a natural affinity for the fine arts, including calligraphy and the practice of magic. They have fair skin and hair, and their eyes come in a variety of colours such as bright blue, green and violet. High elves are seen by some as pompous and arrogant, with little respect for the shorter-lived races - especially humans - when in actuality they find learning about the other cultures of the world to be fascinating and enlightening, and get on well with anybody they deem to be of merit.

Wood Elf - The heralds of the wilds, wood elves are at one with the wilderness, often revering the embodiment of nature, Naturia, as well as their patron Celestial Being, Verdann. Wood elves are often distrustful of others, and don't take intrusion into their woodland realms lightly. Wood elves have fantastic accuracy with the bow, which is the preferred weapon of wood elven fighters.

GNOME
The elusive, short-statured gnomes dwell in hidden locations of the world, though some dwell in larger settlements. They have a childlike personality even into adulthood, with pranks being a common rite-of-passage for many young gnomes. They are also very intelligent, with many breakthroughs in technology being of gnome origin. They are also fairly fragile, meaning gnome fighters are exceedingly rare. Gnomes come in two major subraces:

Forest Gnome - Despite their name, forest gnomes dwell in pockets of verdant growth throughout the entire land. They have spiky hair in all the colours of the rainbow, with forest gnomes grouped into one of twelve families by their hair colour. Forest gnomes have ridiculously long names, often receiving a name from every person they meet until coming-of-age, by which point some members of their race have as many as 25 names.

Rock Gnome - The ingenious inventors of the world, rock gnomes are true technological artisans. Their technology can be found in complex machines such as airships, or simple gadgets such as pocket watches. Rock gnomes tend to have metallic-hued hair, and are also grouped into twelve families based on this colouring. They are fond of shiny things, with a few becoming adventurers to fund their trinket-lust.

Note: Gnomes are an extra race provided to the players by me. If interested in playing one, please let me know.

HALFLING
The halflings are a race of people who look very much like humans, though they stand at about half the height. These good folk get along well with anybody they meet, even if they don't particularly like the other person. Halflings tend to be the best cooks amongst any race, and enjoy eating any kind of food they find; their fast metabolism prevents them from gaining weight even in periods of inactivity. Though they revere the patron Celestial Beings Rhyanna and Sheamus, halflings are not particularly pious, preferring to honour their family and friends; as such, halfling clerics are not common at all. This setting is home to two main kinds of halfling:

Lightfoot Halfling - The ever-wandering lightfoots are most likely to be found adventuring or living in the settlements of other races, especially humans. Their feet are smaller than their stout brethren, and they tend to wear shoes or boots. They are also very agile, with many being able to avoid notice; as such, lightfoots make excellent rogues.

Stout Halfling - Much less adventurous than their lightfoot kin, stouts tend to live in tight-knit communities in meadows and open woodland. Stouts make excellent hosts, and always treat their guests as one of the family. The few stouts who dare to set their large, bare feet away from home tend to become fighters, choosing their family's ancestral weapon as their preferred means of defending themselves.

HUMAN
The surprisingly-diverse humans are the most common race of the world, outnumbering every other race combined 2-to-1. Seen by the other races as "all the same", humans come in as many varieties as there are nodules on a tank beast's back, and humans can aspire to be anything they desire, whether adventurer or commoner, fighter or wizard...hero or villain. Despite this diversity, humans are loosely classified into two main cultural ethnicities based on the shape of their ears:

Syl - The syl are the true humans of the world, with ears that have a slight point near the top. Syl are said to possess a mystical aura, a gift bestowed upon them by the Celestial Being Marilina, which binds them to the world and prevents them from being lost into the "Unknown Realm". Territes refer to syl as "Neans" or the mildly-derogatory "ears", whereas other races simply call them "humans", seeing no distinction between both cultures.

Territe - Round-eared and mysterious, Territes are said to have arrived in the world from a faraway place. Nonetheless, they are still humans, and are otherwise physically identical to syl. Though they lack the slightly-pointed ears and fabled world-bond of the syl, legend tells that many Territes have what is known as the "secret potential", an ability which is unknown to nearly everyone, including most Territes who apparently possess it. Syl refer to Territes as "homonids" or the simpler-to-say "homs", while members of other races call them "humans", little realising the few differences between both ethnicities.

Orcborn - Not exactly humans, orcborn are the result of union between humans and orcs. As such, they possess a combination of orc and human traits, with the strength of an orc mixed with the ingenuity of a human. Some humans see orcborn as unattractive, while orcs in general see orcborn as being inferior to their own strength and prowess. Nonetheless, there are enough orcborn in the world that they have become a unique culture all their own, and are generally tolerated by many.

Orcborn are an extra racial option for players provided by me. If any player wishes to play an orcborn, please let me know.

So players, which race takes your fancy? Smile

Last edited by GamerZack87 on January 3rd 2015, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 3rd 2015, 4:04 pm
Okay players, I'm going to be hosting a live chat in the chatbox, and it would be helpful if you all could attend. Topics of discussion will include:

-Introductions all-around, so the players can introduce themselves and get to know one another pre-campaign

-Discussion of characters, to ensure that there is a good balance of classes (this is also when you'd reveal your secret option if you decide to choose it)

-A bit more information about the setting, going into more detail about the land of Quartshire

-A dice app test, to see if everyone is able to use it (it is important that everybody has some means to determine dice rolls, though there may be a workaround)

-A live Q&A, so if you have any further questions, I can help out

As it is imperative that everybody attend this chat, we will all need to agree on a suitable time for it, especially since many of us live on opposite sides of the globe. Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you! Smile

#DungeonWave
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 3rd 2015, 7:48 pm
Okay players, here are the Celestial Beings your characters may choose to revere. Celestial Beings are former mortals who managed to ascend into a higher state of being. Each one embodies a different race and class, so your character may revere either of the two which matches with his or her race and class (so if you play a human cleric, your character may revere either Marilina or Alistair, or even both if you like):

Marilina
Race & Class: Human Fighter
Marilina is the patron Celestial Being of humanity, usually revered by both the pointed-eared syl and the round-eared Territes, though she is also revered by some fighters of other races as well. She was once a heroic adventurer, who was renowned across the land for her bravery, honour and kindness.

Gorlark
Race & Class: Orcborn Barbarian
Gorlark is the patron Celestial Being of the orcborn, though he is revered by some orcs and barbarians as well, considered by them to be as powerful as they are for gaining ascension despite being a “weakling”. He once journeyed the land as a mighty barbarian, and made frequent contact with his friend and rival, Marilina.

Alistair
Race & Class: Hill Dwarf Cleric
Alistair is the patron Celestial Being of the hill dwarves, though he is also revered by some mountain dwarves and clerics as well. Alistair was an exceptionally-talented master of healing magic, using his skills to journey to distant lands and heal the sick and injured, no matter the distance.

Helga
Race & Class: Mountain Dwarf Paladin
Helga is the patron Celestial Being of the mountain dwarves, though she is also revered by some hill dwarves and paladins as well. Helga was an honour-bound paladin who strove to protect her homeland from the threat of evil, and was regarded as a true hero by all her people.

Shienna
Race & Class: High Elf Wizard
Shienna is the patron Celestial Being of the high elves, though she is also revered by some wood elves and wizards as well. Shienna is often regarded as the greatest wizard that has yet lived, with her mastery of spells far exceeding even the most scholared of master wizards today.

Verdann
Race & Class: Wood Elf Ranger
Verdann is the patron Celestial Being of the wood elves, though he is also revered by some high elves and rangers as well. Verdann was the most exceptional bowyer of his day, with vision as clear and razor-sharp as a roc’s, and skill so precise that he could take down a greater elk from the other side of the forest in which he lived.

Sbenmor
Race & Class: Forest Gnome Bard
Sbenmor is the patron Celestial Being of the forest gnomes, though he is also revered by some rock gnomes and bards as well. Sbenmor is regarded as the greatest entertainer in recorded history, a master of music, vocals, poetry, comedy and acting. Some have even theorised that he invented the concepts of “interpretive dance” and “make-it-up-as-you-go-along”.

Tinkertinn
Race & Class: Rock Gnome Sorcerer
Tinkertinn is the patron Celestial Being of the rock gnomes, though she is also revered by some forest gnomes and sorcerers as well. Tinkertinn is said to have had the most amazing unleash of her latent sorcerer powers, with many stories telling of the moment she became magically attuned, each as wildly different from the others as the unpredictable nature of her spells.

Rhyanna
Race & Class: Lightfoot Halfling Rogue
Rhyanna is the patron Celestial Being of the lightfoots, though she is also revered by some stouts and rogues as well. Rhyanna was once the most skilled rogue in the land, always unseen and never caught, though she only ever stole from those who truly deserved it, such as villains and evil chromatic dragons.

Sheamus
Race & Class: Stout Halfling Druid
Sheamus is the patron Celestial Being of the stouts, though he is also revered by some lightfoots and druids as well. Sheamus was an orphan who grew up amongst an ancient circle of druids, adopting the animal form of the wolf, which he could take any time he called on its might.

Drayonis
Race & Class: Wyrmborn Monk
Drayonis is the patron Celestial Being of the wyrmborn, though he is also revered by some monks as well. Drayonis once received a vision of people much like himself who were masters of mind, body and heart, and so he decided to travel to a distant monastery and train in the disciplined ways of the sohei monk. As such, he was an oddity, as most wyrmborn do not aspire to follow any monk path.

So players, what do you think of these mighty Immortals? Smile
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
Mega Coinage!

January 5th 2015, 12:47 pm
The dice won't work on my Wii U browser. It just won't load. Neutral

RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 5th 2015, 2:58 pm
Rukiafan wrote:The dice won't work on my Wii U browser. It just won't load. Neutral
This is really bizarre. I checked it on my Wii U Browser as soon as Amufungal told me about it not working, and it loaded just fine. scratch

I'll look into it and get back to you with some alternatives. Smile
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 7th 2015, 12:59 am
I just realised I forgot to post a link to one of the most important player resources, the character sheet:

Here is where you can find character sheets!

Click the link marked "D&D Fifth Edition Character Sheets" to download a folder to your computer. Inside it is a selection of PDF character sheets, so look for the standard version; you can either use a printed copy or, more ideally, a special "form-fillable" version which allows you to enter and manage character details right on the document - just remember to make a copy before doing so! Spellcasting characters such as clerics and wizards also have a spell sheet, which contains all of the spells he or she has learned or gained. It's very useful, so remember to use it! 3 - DungeonWave: The Shards of Borealia 631737971

As an extra-special treat, I would personally like to create a custom sprite of each player's characters using the familiar art style of the characters in my Chromaicora Adventures series. I would need a brief but thorough description of the character's physical appearance, such as hair and eye colour, hairstyle, skin tone, clothing or armour, personal scars or blemishes...you get the idea. Remember that we'll be discussing characters in our live chat, so be sure to let me know if and when you'll be free to chat with us! Smile

#DungeonWave
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 12th 2015, 3:48 pm
It's time for a spoiler! I mentioned previously that this campaign is set in one of the worlds of my D&D multiverse, but I haven't yet revealed which one. Now's the time to reveal the name of the world... Terra Neos!

For those who don't know, Terra Neos is a world which is separated into two realms by a mysterious, intangible barrier. The first realm, Terra (also known as "the mundane realm" and "the unknown"), is a world very much like our own, with a level of technology near-identical to ours and very similar geography, though theat world's magnetic poles are inverted, effectively making it "upside-down" from our perspective; in addition, Terra is exclusively populated by round-eared Territe humans.

The other realm, Neos (also known as "the fantastic realm" and "the original"), is a world of fantasy and adventure, where dwarves, elves, halflings and gnomes can be found, amongst other, more exotic races such as wyrmborn, kaijuka, automatons and the monkey-like kikis; the native humans of Neos are known as syl, and their ears have a slight point, though a number of Territes can also be found here. The campaign itself will be set in the Neos Lands, one of the more prominent continents of the fantastic realm, in the country of Quartshire. A map will be provided at some point, and could even be used as a quest item, so look forward to that! Smile

#DungeonWave #TerraNeos #Quartshire
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 19th 2015, 8:54 pm
Okay players, it's time for some extra features to include on your character sheets. Some of these options aren't mentioned in either the Player's Basic Rules or the Player's Handbook, so they fall into the category of "house rules". Take note of them, as they could prove to be very important later.

Option 1: World of Origin - Each character in my campaigns is assigned a world of origin, which is the homeworld of the character in question. For this campaign, every character has Terra Neos as his or her world of origin.

Option 2: Aura - The mysterious energy which permeates each world of the multiverse is also present in those universes' inhabitants. The rare few who can see this energy are able to tell if a person is a native or outsider by the colour of their aura. For this campaign, every character has an aqua aura.

Option 3: Attribute - Everybody in the multiverse has one of twelve elemental attributes, which may or may not be useful or beneficial. Each character in the campaign will have one of these attributes, but they won't necessarily all be the same element. These attributes will either be assigned by me or randomly determined, so stay tuned.

I'm getting the impression that nobody is interested in a group live chat. If there is some other way you'd like to discuss the campaign, as well as creating each of your characters, please let me know.

#DungeonWave #TerraNeos
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

January 23rd 2015, 1:44 pm
So far, the attributes of two characters have been determined, but we still need to find out the ones of the other characters. Amufungal, DigiDestined, Kain, ReverseInverse and ToughGamer, when you have the chance please let me know and I will generate elemental attributes for each of you. Just to let you know, there are twelve possibilities:

Core Elements: Earth, Fire, Air and Water

Para-Elements: Wood, Sand, Rock, Electricity, Thunder, Vapour, Ice and Brine

Which elemental attribute will your character have? Smile

#DungeonWave
RyanNerdyGamer
RyanNerdyGamer
Admin
Super Poster!
Ultra Coinage!

February 18th 2015, 6:19 pm
Activity in this thread has been quiet for far too long. I thought I should give the players a chance to post any questions they might have, so feel free to ask anything related to the campaign and your characters. Let's keep DungeonWave active! Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)