Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Your Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)March 26th 2024, 3:36 pmRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?March 26th 2024, 8:03 amKokorOtakuThe video games alphabetMarch 25th 2024, 1:39 pmRyanNerdyGamerComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouMarch 25th 2024, 1:35 pmRyanNerdyGamerThe Happy Birthday Superthread!March 25th 2024, 1:33 pmRyanNerdyGamer
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Shinobi Platforming Goodness!

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s97

Wooden Sen'SeY is an impressive platforming title published by Neko Entertainment and developed by Upper Byte that features plenty of eastern charm and can be challenging at times "especially the time trials stages"! You must traverse over 9 main stages that start off easy, but quickly became quite difficult. The enemies range from stationary black blobs, to quick moving spiders and flying bats and will prove to be a challenge during the mid-stage battle found in each stage which pits you against many enemies simultaneously. The platforming itself is for the most part easy, but can be really difficult during the tougher time trials stages.

The game's main mode is short and will likely take no more than 2 hours to finish, but the time trials stages, while short are extremely challenging and number in the dozens which increases the replay value of the game greatly! On top of the platforming stages there's a handful of underwater stages that you must navigate a submarine and avoid enemies while destroying obstacles with missiles! All in all these varied stages add a layer of uniqueness to this highly enjoyable title! The controls are also very easy to learn which is a serious plus and the Off-TV Play is nearly flawless!

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s98

Wooden Sen'SeY has Japanese inspired stages which look absolutely breathtaking and the character models and enemy designs are quite unique as well! The lighting effects look amazing and the water glistens as cherry blossoms blow in the wind, it all goes together nicely and looks gorgeous! The music is also perfect for this game as Japanese instruments are used generously adding to the eastern style the game aims for! Overall the audio-visual aspects of the game are incredible!

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) Wiiu_s99

Bottom-Line:

With amazing gameplay, smooth controls, and incredible visuals and music Wooden Sen'SeY is a game no Wii U owner should be without! The time trials are also extremely polished and enjoyable as well! All in all we highly recommend this amazing Wii U eshop title!

Score:

★★★★★★★★★☆ 9.5/10

☆Game of The Month: July 2014 *Tie*☆

Last edited by Ichigofan on September 25th 2015, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) 19654

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) 87457210

Review: Wooden Sen'SeY (Wii U eShop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
August 4th 2014, 1:27 pmGuest
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Aqua Cherry Blossom
August 7th 2014, 10:52 amAqua Cherry Blossom
Nice review lol. Smile
The art direction of this game is truly beautiful.
ToughGamer
August 7th 2014, 11:37 amToughGamer
Good review. I might download this one.
Tech101
August 7th 2014, 6:44 pmTech101
I always do my homework on games I'm up on the air on and I'm not trying to be rude but your score is almost 2 points higher then the highest score on Metacritic. Now while I'm sure this is your play thru experience I'll have to wait on a sale before I would even consider this.

This game does however look good and holds an interest for me so I'll keep a look out for it but it will fall below quite a few other games I personally think will be better for me. Otherwise it was a good review.
KeAfan7
August 8th 2014, 12:43 pmKeAfan7
Tech101 wrote:I always do my homework on games I'm up on the air on and I'm not trying to be rude but your score is almost 2 points higher then the highest score on Metacritic. Now while I'm sure this is your play thru experience I'll have to wait on a sale before I would even consider this.

This game does however look good and holds an interest for me so I'll keep a look out for it but it will fall below quite a few other games I personally think will be better for me. Otherwise it was a good review.
It's just my opinion, and I completely respect yours. I appreciate your constructive criticism so thank you very much. Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)