Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KeAfan7
KeAfan7
Admin
Super Poster!
This member has made a splash by posting over 10,000 messages and comments in our community!
Mega Coinage!
This kind user has earned over 50,000 Coins! Happy posting!
Underground Survival!

photo 02cc7998-137c-4f7f-a5f5-dbb13508961d_zps62616e44.jpg

Moon Chronicles is a first-person shooter developed by Renegade Kid, the masterminds behind the hit eshop title Mutant Mudds. Moon Chronicles is an episodic re-release of Renegade Kid's DS title Moon which was released in 2009 and didn't share the success that their title Mutant Mudds enjoyed. So is Moon Chronicles Episode 1 worth downloading? Keep reading to find out!

Story, Gameplay, And Controls:

The story takes place in the year 2058 and involves aliens and underground exploration of the moon. The story feels like a B-list Sci-fi flick and has decent voice acting and enjoyable cut-scenes that add alot to the game. The optional exploration logs that can be examined fill in holes in the plot so it's recommended that you read them all.

photo 2d6b793c-3ba2-4497-8a59-858285897c0b_zpsc1d2120f.jpg

The gameplay is amazing, you must work your way through the tunnels and passages below the surface of the moon while destroying the aliens and other enemies. There are a ton of weapons and upgrades to collect giving the game a sort of Metroid like feel and the boss battles are quite enjoyable, however there aren't many bosses in the game which is somewhat disappointing. You'll obtain a vehicle to traverse the surface of the moon late in the game and it is an enjoyable aspect of the game and will allow you to travel to previously inaccessible areas and reach locations much faster which is a very good thing!

The controls in the game are excellent and there are many different controller options in the game including the Circle Pad Pro, most options work well and are very responsive making the game easy to pick up and play! The Remote Access Droid that is found later in the game to access small cramped spaces is somewhat of a hassle to control and you must race to finish the mission before enemies kill your character while using the Droid which can be frustrating at times.

photo 696ca9c9-9207-4e3e-965e-63b9f1af2bda_zps915286e1.jpg

Graphics And Sounds:

The graphics in Moon Chronicles are quite good with nice character models and impressive looking dungeons filled with aliens to battle. The only real issue with the game's graphics is that most enemies are just palette swaps of one-another, but otherwise there isn't anything wrong with the game graphically. As for the sounds and music, the game is very atmospheric and not only does it sound amazing it also adds to the creepy vibes of the game! The voice acting is also quite good which adds to the overall presentation of the game!

Bottom-Line:

With an impressive cinematic story, atmospheric soundtrack, enjoyable gameplay and smooth controls Moon Chronicles is a great game that is worth looking into, however a few issues with the graphics and gameplay elements hold this game back, but this is a great game nonetheless!

Score: 8/10

Review: Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS eshop) 19654

Review: Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS eshop) 87457210

Review: Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS eshop) Bleach10

Bleach Thousand Year Blood War is upon us! W00t!
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Anonymous
Beautiful review Rukiafan! I love you
Staroceancrazy
May 20th 2014, 2:01 pmStaroceancrazy
Awesome review! Very Happy
RWBY_Red
Why is it that your reviews make me want to purchase games that I have no interest in? Surprised
Clαππαd
May 20th 2014, 2:53 pmClαππαd
Nice review boss. Smile
Natsume wrote:Why is it that your reviews make me want to purchase games that I have no interest in? Surprised
Then he's doing his job right. Smile
Yusei Fudo
May 20th 2014, 4:30 pmYusei Fudo
I have this game and I must say that it's a good FPS.
Tech101
I didn't care for it as much. At best I give it a 6-10. The graphics as usual from this dev are N64ish. The music while atmospheric Was bad in my opinion. The enemies were not really all that fun to battle even if the controls were spot on. I also didn't care for using the remote bot so much. Felt like the first half of the game It was used like 50% of the time. Story also seem so so. I really thought they would update this game more but I didn't play the original so I can't really tell.

I wanted to get a bit of the Metroid Prime vibe but I'm not feeling it here!
KeAfan7
To each his own, but yeah even I agree that the remote droid wasn't very fun to use. Wink
ShounenMania
May 21st 2014, 1:31 pmShounenMania
Tech101 wrote:I didn't care for it as much. At best I give it a 6-10. The graphics as usual from this dev are N64ish. The music while atmospheric Was bad in my opinion. The enemies were not really all that fun to battle even if the controls were spot on. I also didn't care for using the remote bot so much. Felt like the first half of the game It was used like 50% of the time. Story also seem so so. I really thought they would update this game more but I didn't play the original so I can't really tell.

I wanted to get a bit of the Metroid Prime vibe but I'm not feeling it here!
Personally I would give this game a 7 because it's still fun even if the game has flaws. Review: Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS eshop) 631737971
ToughGamer
September 15th 2014, 3:02 pmToughGamer
Good review!
Ragnarok
April 27th 2015, 11:54 amRagnarok
I wasn't impressed by this game. Too many unpolished game mechanics. Neutral
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)